Were we that Bad?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/7384484/Powell-praise-for-Latics

That's praise is it? Hmmmmm…………….

I didn't go so; can anyone let me know - were we that bad? I doubt we were; but????

I went to Charlton away under Dangerous Dave; and we held them to a 0 - 0, and being honest that day, it was really negative stuff. We had 4-5-1 with Pawel Abbott up top on his own; but at times he was actually more like an advanced midfielder with how deep he was…..it was real set up for a 0 - 0 stuff that day.

Leaving the ground that day, the Charlton fans were pissing & moaning about our tactics, so - having seen that they stayed behind to boo our players; I guess their fans weren't happy again then???

Didn't go so can't comment on our tactics although I did see some angry tweets from Charlton fans afterwards. One said something like "It must be a real joy to watch Oldham, one of the dirtiest, scummiest teams around." I felt like tweeting back "Two words: Christian Dailly" but decided not to rise to the bait.

It seems we are a bit of a bogey side for them now and like you say I think it all stems from that 0-0 draw under Penney when to be fair that's probably what we went for.

If they think we are dirty, I wonder what they'll think of Sheffield Wednesday.

But in some ways it's nice that liccle Oldham are pissing someone off for once, and they can't take away our point!

We were not at all that bad. Some comments about time wasting are hilarious. We were losing FFS!!

Only one team looked like scoring from 65 mins and they were playing in Black. Look at the goal we scored and how many men were forward. They just got the hump. They expected to turn us over and got a shock.

It wasn't a great game, but we more than deserved a point - I was disapointed we didn't win it.

Edited by pukka

I'm getting a bit sick of hearing how horrible and niggly we were and how much time we wasted. Both teams played in the same manner, it was the epitome of an even game.

Charlton fans are just butthurt because they know they'll struggle in the Championship playing like that.

We did waste time at 0-0. It wasn't a massive amount of time wasting, bar one free kick we got outside our own box where we "accidentally" placed it in the wrong part of the pitch and had to move the ball.

They wasted time at 1-0. Quite a bit of it too.

But if the referee had added on an extra couple of minutes we'd have been just as likely to win the game as them. Or perhaps most likely.

We weren't dirty or niggly. In fact I think we probably committed fewer fouls (not checked).

We just defended well for most of the game and created the best moves of the game including the one that got the equaliser.

Having seen the top few in this division now, they're not "all that". I don't think we'll make the play-offs but we really should give it a good go. Because those at the top aren't great.

Both teams gave away 14 fouls each(taken from the bbc)! We cant have been that niggly, dirty ect.

These 'big' teams expect it all their own way and it when they dont get it they dont like it!

That's what I guessed!!!

Good - feck 'em. Teams aren't just going to turn up and let them win just because they're the mighty Charlton. man up I say!!

Some of the comments on Twitter from their fans were a bit OTT.

I didn't go, but was "I hope their keeper (Cisak) falls down the stairs head first and the ambulance wastes as much time as he did today getting there" really deserved?

Or are they just bitter and twisted fans of a 'massive' club spitting their dummy out because they have to play the likes of Ickle Oldham - and not win?

I went to the game. I thought that it was a terrific away performance. We were resolute and when we needed to (Last 10 mins), played some good football. If Wes had gone down in their area at the close we would have had a penalty. He was too honest. All they did was lump the ball over the top for Wright-Plillips to run onto. I detect the taste of sour grapes from their fans. It's really good to wind someone up like this.

To be fair, I've also read one or two fair comments on their sites as well.

I didn't go, but I suspect Powell's coments are fair enough. He's acknowledged that teams will come and make it hard for them, and we did that extremely well from what I've read. They aren't top by some amazing fluke, it's because they consistently outscore the opposition.

It's their lookout if their own fans are too stupuid to realise that lower placed teams who perhaps don't have the budget and playing 'talent' that they have, are going to come and make it hard for them!

I didn't go, but was "I hope their keeper (Cisak) falls down the stairs head first and the ambulance wastes as much time as he did today getting there" really deserved?

Or are they just bitter and twisted fans of a 'massive' club spitting their dummy out because they have to play the likes of Ickle Oldham - and not win?

Tbh, Cisak probably just went at his usual slow calm pace.

Its the latter I wish Wendnesday fans were saying the same things about us 7 days earlier and I hope Huddersfield fans say it when we go there in January and I will be over the moon if Liverpool fans are saying it from 10pm on the 6th of January.