Jordan Rhodes

Im a gooner mate

I got hooked on Latics approx 4 years back when met missus her and old man are ST holders, now i go every week to home games on weekend as live in Gloucester and all away games i can within reason (not carlise or hartlepool in other words but the ones in south and midlands, chesterfield will go sheff clubs etc)

Nice!

I'm delighted that we have the power to do that. It is usually our fans who get hooked on the bright lights of the Premiership.

The more converts the better!

I am still an Arsenal fan as u can never change your team but i have adopted Latics and the Dickov factor made it even better for me what with him being an ex-trainee of ours remember him sitting on bench in cup winners cup final v Parma when Smudge Alan Smith scored and going mad :)

Their is a great feeling with lower league football as closer bond between club and fans at Arsenal i am just a number and dont get same apprecaition

Last season i was at Exeter and PD came over speaking to us and i was talking to him about Arsenal days, he joked that if we drew tottenham in the cup he would like to score a goal in the warm up, at the time he was still on the playing staff, he said along the lines of once you have been a gooner u have a connection to the club, i asked he how the connections were with the club with Evina deal but he had to go, top bloke!

10 -12 million, jeez his stock has risen, it wasn't that long ago he couldn't get a game.

I think that's more to do with Lee Clark being a bit of a tit.

He appears to be a natural goalscorer and has delivered over an extended period of time.

While I don't go for the £10m+ tag, he's a talent who should be at a higher leve.

SSH, you say you would have no chance of automatic without him, so are you saying you are basically a one man team?

Not quite a one man team, but if you take his goals out of our side, we'd struggle to overhaul the other sides going for automatic promotion. Reckon we'd still make the Play Offs as we've got a decent side, but we wouldn't be anywhere near clinical enough without him.

I think that's more to do with Lee Clark being a bit of a tit.

He appears to be a natural goalscorer and has delivered over an extended period of time.

While I don't go for the £10m+ tag, he's a talent who should be at a higher leve.

Clark's actually been really good for him. Rhodes has always been a great goalscorer but he was too often bullied out of games, particularly away from home.

Last season we adopted a 433/451 formation away from home, which worked wonders, but Rhodes' all round game wasn't good enough to play as the lone striker. Clearly over the summer Rhodes was told what he needed to do to force his way into the side, and is now fitter, stronger and his all round game is getting up to the standards of his goalscoring. The reason he's so prolific this season is firstly because we can afford to have him in the side, as he's an asset even when he doesn't score. More minutes on the pitch means more goals. And secondly, because he's much stronger and fitter than he was, meaning he can make the most of chances he would have previously struggled with. Add that to a player who was averaging a goal every other game whilst he was developing, and you're doing alright.

Clark gets criticised for the way he's handled certain players (Ward, McDermott, Theo Robinson...), but he's been brilliant for the likes of Pilkington, Peltier and Rhodes.

Edited by SSH

I'm pretty convinced Jordan Rhodes will be a Huddersfield Town player at until the Summer at least and if we gain promotion he might be with us for a while longer. He's an intelligent young man and knows if he transferred to a Premiership club his chances of playing every week would be greatly reduced and if he was at a top six club, he'd hardly get a look in. He's also level headed enough to realise he's still learning his craft and playing games albeit at lower perhaps is vital to his development. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did stay with us to test himself in the Championship before the big step up! Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part but crucially, it all rests on HTFC gaining promotion.

As for todays game! Teams that 'cut off the supply' to Jordan seem to fair pretty well because basically, if gets a chance he scores, simple as. Obviously he's in a red hot vein of form at the moment but that's largely because of the support he gets from his team mates. The truth is if you stop Rhodes, Roberts, Novak and Ward are all capable of scoring, not to mention our other midfielders. Teams that do well at the Galpharm these days tend to come to play a 'pressing game'. They usually push defenders high, pack midfield and look to play either over the top or get wide and put crosses in. On the other hand, teams who try to play 'football' tend to come unstuck I'm afraid. So I have feeling Paul D. will play it tight and stick to a game plan that suits his players. You always seem to be a pretty determined side against us no matter what formation you play so I'm certain its going to a tough one for us either way. If your lads 'get at us' early on and play with intensity and a high tempo you could be on to something. The vital thing is, if you do get on top you'll need to score because we won't stop attacking no matter how you play it!

You lot got any views on any of this?

Safe journey over t'hill and here's to a good game on what looks like an ideal day for football!

Regards - AceT HTFC :grin:

I hope they put the covers on - below freezing and not forecast to get warm any time between now and kick off!

Biggest concern for me is "after the Lord Mayor's show" syndrome. It's obviously a game we need to get up for and we haven't won any away games against decent sides.

While I prefer Dickov's usual passing / attacking game it does leave us wide open at times. That's why I think he played a more compact formation at the Galpharm last season. I suppose it worked, but it made for a poor game.

Based on available players I assume he'll keep the same full back line up we had at Liverpool with Adeyemi and Lee. Both had decent games but Jack Hunt could get some joy out of the right footed Lee and Adeyemi is considered a midfielder by trade. Kuqi will start, but hasn't been at the races recently. On that basis he's due and will probably score.

The biggest issue for Latics will be midfield. Furman and Wesolowski are strong enough, but it's how much the flair players Taylor, Morais, Parker and Scapuzzi (pick any 3) bring to solidity. For that reason I think we'll see Parker wide right, Taylor on the left and Scapuzzi in the free role behind Kuqi. All three are interchangable and while I'd have Morais on the bench, he's the one who did you big time at Boundary Park last season.

From what little I've seen, I think you look suspect down your left side and we should look to exploit that. Equally, the early goal in the first game this season came down the other flank. We've certainly got the players to hurt you.

But I think Huddersfield will win.

I hope they put the covers on - below freezing and not forecast to get warm any time between now and kick off!

Biggest concern for me is "after the Lord Mayor's show" syndrome. It's obviously a game we need to get up for and we haven't won any away games against decent sides.

While I prefer Dickov's usual passing / attacking game it does leave us wide open at times. That's why I think he played a more compact formation at the Galpharm last season. I suppose it worked, but it made for a poor game.

Based on available players I assume he'll keep the same full back line up we had at Liverpool with Adeyemi and Lee. Both had decent games but Jack Hunt could get some joy out of the right footed Lee and Adeyemi is considered a midfielder by trade. Kuqi will start, but hasn't been at the races recently. On that basis he's due and will probably score.

The biggest issue for Latics will be midfield. Furman and Wesolowski are strong enough, but it's how much the flair players Taylor, Morais, Parker and Scapuzzi (pick any 3) bring to solidity. For that reason I think we'll see Parker wide right, Taylor on the left and Scapuzzi in the free role behind Kuqi. All three are interchangable and while I'd have Morais on the bench, he's the one who did you big time at Boundary Park last season.

From what little I've seen, I think you look suspect down your left side and we should look to exploit that. Equally, the early goal in the first game this season came down the other flank. We've certainly got the players to hurt you.

But I think Huddersfield will win.

Hmm...that sound pretty spot on mate! Basically our defending isn't great and we do tend to get caught in the wide positions. Jack Hunt (our right back) is tremendous going forward, a real talent but he gets caught on the counter-attack. Gary Naysmith on the other side is solid and very experienced but again he gets caught on occasions mainly through his lack of pace. So yeah...if you have the players to exploit those weaknesses it could be fruitful. Taylor always seems to stand out against us so where ever he plays we'll have to try to nullify his contribution. It's going to be interesting.

You'd think after winning 0-6 away last week we'd be full of ourselves wouldn't you? - It does work like that at Huddersfield Town, we've had the rug pulled from under us too many times for that I'm afraid. Which I expect is welcome news to your ears! :grin:

He should certainly be playing at a higher level but not the highest level.

His game is good but his pace will stop him from making the step up to the Premiership.

He belongs at the top of the Championship though.

If Neil Eardley and Marc Tierney can play in the Premier League, Jordan Rhodes has every right to expect to sign for Barcelona some day!

Apart from Jordan's amazing movement, ability to find space and score great goals he's also very willing to learn and develop. When interviewed after his latest goal scoring feats, scoring all our four goals at Sheff Wed just before Christmas and his five goal haul at Wycombe last Friday, he deflects all the plaudits and praises the work of his team mates. When he's asked about being checked on by as many as a dozen Premiership scouts at our matches he just says they could be there to watch anyone, He's a very level headed sensible lad and in these days of fame and celebrity it really is a refreshing change. I'd love it if he went on to do great things at the highest level and sometimes allow myself to dream it will be with us but in reality, I doubt it somehow! <_<

Edited by Acetripper

Udders have been punching well below they're weight for a long time, its about time they got back to where they belong. Really hope the lad stays and gets you promotion, but sincerely hope he has an off day today. One little home defeat won't do you any serious harm, you can win every game from then till the end of the season.

Udders have been punching well below they're weight for a long time, its about time they got back to where they belong. Really hope the lad stays and gets you promotion, but sincerely hope he has an off day today. One little home defeat won't do you any serious harm, you can win every game from then till the end of the season.

Believe it or not but our fans are like a dry tinder just waiting to ignite! Another home defeat and they'll be calling for heads to roll especially if they don't approve of the team or the formation we play today. Expectation is so massive that the slightest slip up (and today will be seen as that unless we take maximum points) then they'll be calling for Lee Clark to be fired. The fact that we've lost only two League One games in 50 appears not to matter! All they will focus on is not being in an automatic promotion place. It really has got that desperate with some of our fans . B)

I don't think they have....3rd division club is right.

Automatic promotion....forget it!!!

Another mediocre season from our Yorkshire friends, despite losing only 2 in 489 games!!

Clark out!!!!!

I don't buy all this 'they are punching below their weight or massive club that should be higher' clubs are in the league they are on merit. I am not talking about Huddersfield here but just in general. Now if you did take Huddersfield you could argue they are actually where they belong (post 7o's) cos that's where they've spent most time. Now that some hard cash is being thrown at them and interest level as risen then maybe they will achieve promotion and start to punch above their weight, in them terms I don't buy!

Come to the Galpharm today, why don't you?

And look at the set-up, look at the playing squad and then tell us we're :censored:e, punching above or below our weight! I'd be interested!

What I do know your club is insignificant compared to where we are overall! That's what I honestly think! - (Just watch now your lads will piss all over us today (such is the penalty for being a gob:censored:e :grin: ) but even so I'll still believe we're quite some way above Oldham Athletic as a football Club :D

Come to the Galpharm today, why don't you?

And look at the set-up, look at the playing squad and then tell us we're :censored:e, punching above or below our weight! I'd be interested!

What I do know your club is insignificant compared to where we are overall! That's what I honestly think! - (Just watch now your lads will piss all over us today (such is the penalty for being a gob:censored:e :grin: ) but even so I'll still believe we're quite some way above Oldham Athletic as a football Club :D

You're a 3rd division club like us, but more frustratingly for you lot, is that you've spent a :censored: load of cash on staying a 3rd division club!

I'm almost cringing as I sing it, but bollocks here goes........"Have you seen the premier league??"

Get over yourselves - we're at our lowest for years, yet we still compete with you!

3rd division club.