Jordan Rhodes

Bearing in mind he scored another five goals tonight would be surprised to see him line up agains't us next week.Think he will be on his way to the Premiership,and he was born in Oldham.

hope to god they sell him midweek and we sign the Robster permanently before that!

I honestly don't think we will sell him. The money isn't really relevant, as the spending cap comes in next season, so we need promotion before then otherwise we're going to have to cut back. Also apparently transfer fees aren't included in the spending cap, so us getting £5m/£10m/whatever from selling him wouldn't increase our budget for next season. So from our point of view, there's no incentive to sell him and he doesn't seem the type to push through his own move; he's a lovely guy that still lives at home with his parents, a million miles from your typical footballer.

I reckon he'll be off in the summer, as it would be unfair to stand in his way any longer. He'll definitely be gone if we stay down, and may still go if we go up.

Anyway, just popped on in an attempt to avoid revision (which also means I can't make the game vs. you). Hope you all had a cracking night last night, and that it wasn't ruined by whatever turns out to have gone on near the end. What a cracker from Simpson, glad he's doing well for you.

I honestly don't think we will sell him. The money isn't really relevant, as the spending cap comes in next season, so we need promotion before then otherwise we're going to have to cut back. Also apparently transfer fees aren't included in the spending cap, so us getting £5m/£10m/whatever from selling him wouldn't increase our budget for next season. So from our point of view, there's no incentive to sell him and he doesn't seem the type to push through his own move; he's a lovely guy that still lives at home with his parents, a million miles from your typical footballer.

I reckon he'll be off in the summer, as it would be unfair to stand in his way any longer. He'll definitely be gone if we stay down, and may still go if we go up.

Anyway, just popped on in an attempt to avoid revision (which also means I can't make the game vs. you). Hope you all had a cracking night last night, and that it wasn't ruined by whatever turns out to have gone on near the end. What a cracker from Simpson, glad he's doing well for you.

Swot.

Sell him quickly. But that would give Clark a lot of money to strengthen. He has scored 3 or more on five occasions this season. Andy will be a proud dad.

It amused me when he scored four against Wednesday where Andy is the goalkeeping coach.

Surely cant reject 4million could buy a whole squad to get out this league with that

Is there any truth in the rumour that Simpson deal includes a term that he cant play v hudds sat? bloke next to me friday was saying this to me, would make sense from there point of u, im sure robbie did his hamstring when took corner friday, he went straight to it after he took it hope its not a bad 1 even grade 1 is usually 1-2 weeks

Hearing that Norwich have tabled a substantial 4 million offer for Jordan Rhodes of Huddersfield

From Sky Sports!

Had a gander on their forum after following a link from here the other day.. 4 million wouldn't get his laces apparently, they're looking for 10-12...

Had a gander on their forum after following a link from here the other day.. 4 million wouldn't get his laces apparently, they're looking for 10-12...

Laughable!

Just out of interest, what’s the highest amount of money a player has been sold for out of the lower leagues?

We're not looking for anything, he's not for sale in this window. Our chairman's said he's not going, our manager's said he's not going and Rhodes has said he's not going. West Ham enquired, and Allardyce confirmed they were met with an absolute no.

Surely not even a sheepshagger belives this

if West Ham meets the asking price and trust me a £10 million pound bid u wont reject and his agent gets in his head and tells him that he will pay him 5x his current salary and probably give him prem football needs season he will go 99% sure, i dont know the lad as a person but very few resist the temptation i hope that for this league sake he stays as he is showing u can get good players at this level

Unfortunatley SSH there is very little loyalty at any level these days bar a few players

I hope that his head is not on come Saturday and if it its lets hope Big Jean kicks him into the stands anyway (not really dont want any player injured) i think it could be different if hudds will certs to go up but they aint in this league

Im a gooner mate

I got hooked on Latics approx 4 years back when met missus her and old man are ST holders, now i go every week to home games on weekend as live in Gloucester and all away games i can within reason (not carlise or hartlepool in other words but the ones in south and midlands, chesterfield will go sheff clubs etc)

Surely not even a sheepshagger belives this

if West Ham meets the asking price and trust me a £10 million pound bid u wont reject and his agent gets in his head and tells him that he will pay him 5x his current salary and probably give him prem football needs season he will go 99% sure, i dont know the lad as a person but very few resist the temptation i hope that for this league sake he stays as he is showing u can get good players at this level

Unfortunatley SSH there is very little loyalty at any level these days bar a few players

I hope that his head is not on come Saturday and if it its lets hope Big Jean kicks him into the stands anyway (not really dont want any player injured) i think it could be different if hudds will certs to go up but they aint in this league

As I said on the last page, all big money offers are fairly obsolete to us now that the spending cap is coming in, as apparently incoming transfer fees aren't included. So the only financial benefit to us of selling him is that his wage is off our books. There is absolutely no incentive for us to sell.

He really doesn't seem the type to push through his own move.

I'm predicting that we'll manage to hold onto him and then he'll get injured during our first game in February; we'll have no chance of automatic without him!