Everton Chant

First of all last night I have to say the fans where superb and got right behind the boys from first whistle to last.

but if we play United will will chant for Man City

if we play Sunderland will we chant for Newcastle

if we play Villa will we chant for Birmingham

why the :censored: was there an Everton chant in the 2nd Half????

that was small time and embarrassing ffs :thumbsdown:

I never heard the chant, but there were that many of us that it was difficult to get synchronised chanting going. I was sat in the middle and didn't know whether to join in with the left or right side :grin:

Yeah - it's like that in the main stand at BP most weeks

Edited by The Chaplain

Football fan humour!

And reading other posts on here today, it's something that is being lost on todays modern fan

Football is a working class mans game and all about banter and humour - too much arse wiping, whinging and namby pamby bloody mards following it these days

Get a grip

The more worrying thing for me is the mentality of the majority of fans sitting down for almost the entire 90 minutes at our biggest game for years. It really, really frustrates me. How on earth are you supposed to create a proper atmosphere sat on your arse? I hate modern football at times.

The more worrying thing for me is the mentality of the majority of fans sitting down for almost the entire 90 minutes at our biggest game for years. It really, really frustrates me. How on earth are you supposed to create a proper atmosphere sat on your arse? I hate modern football at times.

Agreed

The sanitised game

In some ways I agree but in others I don't. I wouldn't have liked to be the old man sat behind someone last night (I think it was Omar don't scare aka ROAM but I'm not that sure) poor bloke obviously couldn't stand for the entire time the bloke in front of him was stood up for.

Or if you were on the back row and having to watch the game as if through a letter box.

Personally I thought the last time we created as good an atmosphere as that was against Everton- sitting down will affect your voice projection but it doesn't stop you from creating a good atmosphere.

In some ways I agree but in others I don't. I wouldn't have liked to be the old man sat behind someone last night (I think it was Omar don't scare aka ROAM but I'm not that sure) poor bloke obviously couldn't stand for the entire time the bloke in front of him was stood up for.

Or if you were on the back row and having to watch the game as if through a letter box.

Personally I thought the last time we created as good an atmosphere as that was against Everton- sitting down will affect your voice projection but it doesn't stop you from creating a good atmosphere.

It's a fair point, and it's a consequence of having to stick to your seat number. In Germany, they have segregated 'standing sections' so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Those who want to stand and chant go in that section, and those who want to sit are free to do so without any hassle. I suppose that's far too logical a proposal for the FA though...

Steward near me in 122 was a great bloke, joining in the banter, and telling my lad to stand on his seat so he could see when everyone else stood up. They have a thankless job really, but some (like this bloke) are just normal footy fans like us, and common sense from fans and stewards alike makes things easier.

We had some knobhead Oldham fans near us, obviously drunk, who spent the entire time staring at the away fans and gesturing. They wouldn't listen to the steward who politely told them to sit down and eventually they were ejected after becoming confrontational with the stewards and one of the coppers.

To.be fair, those are the lads that are there every week, home or away, liverpool or southend and if they want to get pissed and have a laugh after a long weeks graft then so be it , they paid for a ticket if they choose to watch game or wind up scousers they pay the price if there ott and get thrown out..

Normally I would be all for standing, but at the back when everyone stood we could see sod all

Was your ticket a restricted view? Or was that the seats sort of facing our stand but actually on the centenary stand :/ best those sat in them seats have sore necks today

It said severely restricted view to be fair, but there were cheaper tickets than ours. I dread to think how much they saw

Football fan humour!

And reading other posts on here today, it's something that is being lost on todays modern fan

Football is a working class mans game and all about banter and humour - too much arse wiping, whinging and namby pamby bloody mards following it these days

Get a grip

Cant wait for saturday! who should we chant for? Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed? Leeds? Cant wait.... sides should be splitting!

football fan humour? bull :censored:!

"what a waste of money"! changing to "your still waste of money" after Carroll scored

in reference to Mark Allott, "he used to :censored:e but now he's alright"!

they are football humour, chanting the names of other teams is not

maybe we should have a poll?

would it be funny to chant united! united! the next time we play city?

In terms of standing up, I'm all for it as long as those who want to sit can sit and see. It's not a problem when we're playing in the league usually as there's no shortage of seats so those who want to stand can stand at the back or in an area where they're low enough that those who are sat a few rows behind can see over them.

There were plenty of younger fans/older fans/people who paid for a seat and just wanted to sit last night so for that reason I could understand it. Those who stand up in front of those who obviously want to sit and just stand up because they want to are acting selfishly and obnoxiously. I had wanted to stand last night but when those behind sat down, I sat down too. This meant that (eventually) those in the rows in front sat down as well.

No one's saying you have to stay in your seat all game. When something exciting's happening then people will naturally stand up. The rest of the time though, if people behind you want to sit then sit down and stop being a :censored:.

Chanting.for leefs or one of the sheff clubs would be cringeworthy, but.everton and liverpool rivalry is incredible and unlike any other in england. I dont think anyone other than you took it seriously. I certainly have no love for everton but do you ever join in the "small town in dagenham" chants when playing orient? Same thing for me.

on the one hand I'm all for standing up for 90 minutes. on the other, on this specific occassion, from the back row of 124 last night I would have seen a match had everyone been sat down. as it was, my friend who is a little shorter than me, didn't see a single goal & actually just gave up trying to watch at all after an hour. it was physically impossible with the low hanging ceiling blocking the far end & fans blocking the near end.

great, great night though!

Chanting.for leefs or one of the sheff clubs would be cringeworthy, but.everton and liverpool rivalry is incredible and unlike any other in england. I dont think anyone other than you took it seriously. I certainly have no love for everton but do you ever join in the "small town in dagenham" chants when playing orient? Same thing for me.

the Liverpool Everton is rivalry is unlike any other in England

"The Friendly Derby"

There was alot of fans sat around me that foiund it cringeworthy already, thats the point

its bad enough the fans spend half the time singing about united......they dont give a :censored:!

but to sing the name of another team...ridiculous in my view