Latics fan!

Ex-latics fan. He once said i used to have a season ticket for oldham, but now i just stay at home and watch man united on sky.

Was something along those lines. Not as though he can't afford a season ticket at oldham no more.

Ex-latics fan. He once said i used to have a season ticket for oldham, but now i just stay at home and watch man united on sky.

Was something along those lines. Not as though he can't afford a season ticket at oldham no more.

Perhaps he could be encouraged to join the PlayerShare subscribers?

Perhaps he could be encouraged to join the PlayerShare subscribers?

His actual words were something along the lines of "Predominantly an Oldham Athletic fan….." On Wossy earlier….whilst Jonathon was interviewing that talentless :censored:, John 'I need :censored:ing subtitles' Bishop.

Well done on the Prof giving us a shout out…..

His actual words were something along the lines of "Predominantly an Oldham Athletic fan….." On Wossy earlier….whilst Jonathon was interviewing that talentless :censored:, John 'I need :censored:ing subtitles' Bishop.

Yep. John Bishop really is :censored:e isn't he?

This

He's a smarmy Grammar School puff. Real scientists don't have time to play in rock bands and be celebs.

He went to the school I would probably have gone to if years had arranged themselves a bit differently around me. Literally millions of people have been against me in job competitons since. Either be good enough, or cry like a bitch. And piss and whine and think that your life is :censored: because of someone else. Honestly, you miserable, sour bastard, with very little to encourage a future generation, but enough to slag off someone who has done well.

About 8min 45sec in Woss DHd expects him to be a manure fan but Prof Cox puts him straight.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=299587

He also gives lots of Oldham mentions in his interview. Good on him.

Edited by laticsrblue

He went to the school I would probably have gone to if years had arranged themselves a bit differently around me. Literally millions of people have been against me in job competitons since. Either be good enough, or cry like a bitch. And piss and whine and think that your life is :censored: because of someone else. Honestly, you miserable, sour bastard, with very little to encourage a future generation, but enough to slag off someone who has done well.

Sorry if I've offended you with my admittedly glib remark, which was intended to be tongue in cheek anyway.

What I should have said was-

"He's a very well educated and highly intelligent Grammar School puff who IS a real scientist but pretends not to be when preferring to present grandiose, metaphor searching pseudo-science documentaries for ratings-obsessed television production companies".

He's a smarmy Grammar School puff. Real scientists don't have time to play in rock bands and be celebs.

I think you will find quite a few on here went to that same Grammar school , or others (not me by the way)

He certainly made no attempt to play down his Oldham roots did he?

And he did not play the Manchester card either, so that is fair enough for me.

Perry major chip on your shoulder there.

ITs not the cards you are dealt, it's how you play them.

Edited by singe

Sorry if I've offended you with my admittedly glib remark, which was intended to be tongue in cheek anyway.

What I should have said was-

"He's a very well educated and highly intelligent Grammar School puff who IS a real scientist but pretends not to be when preferring to present grandiose, metaphor searching pseudo-science documentaries for ratings-obsessed television production companies".

I think he's quite a cool bloke.

I wish my science teachers had been able to convey stuff the same way.

He's also married, so while not conclusive evidence, the "puff" claim also appears doubtful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

I think he's quite a cool bloke.

I wish my science teachers had been able to convey stuff the same way.

He's also married, so while not conclusive evidence, the "puff" claim also appears doubtful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

Okay, I'll scrub the "puff" out. In fact I don't really have a gripe with him at all (apart from his being younger, better looking, cleverer and much more rich than I am). Still hate sexed-up pseudo-documentaries though.

Edited by piglinbland

I was a smarmy Grammar school boy too, although I can't recall him - no-one ever remembers younger kids, do they?

My desk at school had the name Terry Hall scratched on it.

This one who supported Latics,

lenny-the-lion.jpg

not the one who supports ManUre and was with this bloke in The Specials.

jerrydammers.jpg?w=250