Wembley: If the wish comes true....seating and proposed singing block(s)

Not wanting to prejudge anything, not counting any chickens, and keeping everything crossed, it might help people who might be attending the JPT Final on 25th March, to have an idea of where they might like to sit in Wembley Stadium, if their wish was to come true.

For the 2011 JPT Final, ticket prices were:

£58 (£29 concession) - Blocks 222 – 230

£44 (£22 concession) - Blocks 102-104, 119-126, 215-221, 231-237

£34 (£17 concession) - Blocks 105-118, 126-139, 501-504, 523-530, 548-552

£24 (£12 concession)- Blocks 505-522, 532-547.

NOTE:

1. Tickets could only be purchased directly from the two clubs, and is likely to be the same this year.

2. The kick-off time was 1:30pm and is shown as 12 noon for the 2012 Final on the Wembley site, although this is still to be confirmed.

To see the view from each seat Block click on this link:

Wem-ber-ly

map_blocks-sports.png

Until it is known which end of the Stadium - West (left on plan) or East (right on plan) - is allocated to the Finalists, whoever they are, it is best to pick out two blocks of your preference, one at each end, if taking part in this hypothetical exercise.

Normally at the big games, the atmosphere is worse because those willing to sing have to sit in allocated seats purchased separately and there are not enough of them sat close together to start the singing. A good atmosphere was created at Anfield, thanks partly to the acoustics enhanced by the overhang of the upper part of the stand. At Goodison Park, the atmosphere was not as good, with Latics supporters spread out along the touchline, sometimes singing three different songs at the same time.

Singing is enhanced by standing (as in church), but we have to be aware that standing causes nuisance to others who are incapable of standing or simply prefer not to stand.

We also need to be aware that the Football League’s Conditions, covering the issue of tickets for Wembley, include possible ejection from the Ground, with no refund, in the event of:

Persistent standing in seated areas whilst the match is in progress; and

Behaviour likely to cause injury, nuisance or annoyance to yourself or others or damage to the Ground or any part thereof.

Similarly, the Wembley Stadium Ground Regulations include:

Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas during an Event is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground.

Singing in support of the team is encouraged by the Simon Corney, Barry Owen, Paul Dickov and the players, and we’re told that the noise we produce does make a difference to the players on the pitch, making us the ‘twelfth man’. Every effort will be made at Chesterfield and BP in the Northern Final games to produce the desired result, and the ability of singing supporters to sit grouped together will help greatly. Similarly, every effort would need to be made to create an atmosphere at Wembley which might just help the players to produce the desired result.

So, whilst persistent standing is not permitted, it has been suggested that the ‘Wembley experience’ would be more pleasurable, and minimise the sit/stand confrontations experienced at Anfield, if block(s) of seats at Wembley were to be earmarked for those who like to sing and are likely to be doing what has been aptly called ‘Meerkating’. In other words, those who are likely to behave in a 'standard' football fan manner – namely experiencing an uncontrollable urge to stand up briefly at moments when adrenalin surges, as the team might be about to do something. Also those who feel the need to show that they “love Oldham” by standing up, but not doing it persistently.

Perhaps we could discuss which blocks of seats at the West and East ends of the Stadium the majority of people. who fall into this category, would prefer if the Club is to be asked to make this possible.

All this may prove to be a waste of time and effort, but on the other hand, IF a trip to Wembley does materialise, no harm will be done by being prepared.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waste of time and effort? I most certainly think not! I think a "blue brigade", consisting of singers, flags, drum, scarves and what not, should be pursued by the club, if I was asked to give up my seat for them I would have no objection. We all know how miserable bp can be, can you imagine what it would be like without the kids in the rre? cringeworthy at times I agree but these kids are the future of our club, and should be encouraged as much as possible and sacrifices made if need be to help this grow.

Waste of time and effort? I most certainly think not! I think a "blue brigade", consisting of singers, flags, drum, scarves and what not, should be pursued by the club, if I was asked to give up my seat for them I would have no objection. We all know how miserable bp can be, can you imagine what it would be like without the kids in the rre? cringeworthy at times I agree but these kids are the future of our club, and should be encouraged as much as possible and sacrifices made if need be to help this grow.

I like your attitude!

The far from easy task is to get the supporters, who are willing to take part, to decide which block(s).

Good idea - Stockport did it against Dale in the play offs a few years ago and they well outsung Rochdale (and also battered them on the pitch!) I was up in the £24 seats that game and it was a dire view. I highly recomend that whichever block we choose, it's in the £34 bracket.

I know we have boundary blues, chaddys gang or whatever, so why not start something at the club especially for these lads? Some sort of membership scheme with certain benefits and incentives. The club can then perhaps designate an area of seating for them, discounts on scarves, flags etc, send them newsletters , messages of thanks and appreciation from the players in recognition of their vocal support etc. there is no way on earth I would get up and sing by myself, but have been known to do so when I have been in the rre. 50 or so young uns singing might spread to 250 around them.

Edited by biffo1960

Good idea - Stockport did it against Dale in the play offs a few years ago and they well outsung Rochdale (and also battered them on the pitch!) I was up in the £24 seats that game and it was a dire view. I highly recomend that whichever block we choose, it's in the £34 bracket.

Funnily enough so was I - and the view was fine. I'd even go as far to say that there are no bad views at the New Wemberlee.

A good atmosphere was created at Anfield, thanks partly to the acoustics enhanced by the overhang of the upper part of the stand. At Goodison Park, the atmosphere was not as good, with Latics supporters spread out along the touchline, sometimes singing three different songs at the same time.

Disagree with that was surprised that the atmosphere was not as good as Everton, even before we scored I thought we were very loud.

I've had to book the time off workl (for the long weekend) already, I did that for the potential play offs at Christmas before the trip to the dogs.. so we won't get there.

Apologies in advance.

This /\

Me too. I've had to otherwise I'd have been allocated to jobs that would have crossed into that weekend.

So, on that basis and the fact you have also booked the dates off - i think it's almost certain we're going to feck it up. I'll be left with a long weekend at home, dragged into doing DIY, i can see it now*

.*i'll still be there on Tuesday believing & hoping like!!! :wink:

Does anybody have any experience of the £24 seats high up?

Only been once and was in the £40ish range which was fine.

Sat right at the back for the 2008 League Two Play Off and last Year's Challenge Cup Final. Yes you're high up but still a cracking view we were in Block 523 for the CCF and Block 503 for the POF. Only draw back is if you are at the back of the top tier, it is a reet bugger of a walk up all those steps. Yes you get escalated up to your tier but then you have to walk!!!! It's a killer, even for those that are fit!!!

Sat at the very back in the cheap seats, admittedly for a music gig (not been to the new Wembley for a footy match yet) and I thought the view was fantastic, as said, defo no bad seats at this ground. I'll follow wherever gets decided for the noise makers.