Pitch inspection at B2Net is now at 12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Chesterfield Fans’ Forum:

Looking at the stats from the weather station at Brookfield School it was above freezing from half 10 yesterday morning reaching a max of 4.9c and didn't go below freezing again until about 6pm yesterday evening. From there it jumped either side of 0c for a while all night and strangely only got to a low of -1.7c in the last hour or so but is starting to warm up again. I suspect the main issues are going to be when the covers went on and how well they've worked plus if any parts of the pitch haven't had much sun. That said it's going to get warmer all day according to the forecast.

Brookfield School Weather Station

From the Chesterfield Fans’ Forum:

An extra two hours of sunny, >freezing temperatures might well make all the difference. They shouldn't be allowed to show such disregard for the fans. Clubs should be fined for not doing all they can to get a game on and refs, and refs alone, should dictate when pitch inspections take place.

On our official site it says the inspection is at 11am :shock:

:censored: yeh.

Chesterfield have brought forward to 11am the pitch inspection which will determine whether tonight's Johnstone's Paint Trophy, Northern Area Final against Latics will go ahead.

The inspection had originally been scheduled for 2pm.

In the event of the match being postponed tonight, it will be staged tomorrow weather permitting.

I would say its definately going to be off then

:censored: yeh.

Chesterfield have brought forward to 11am the pitch inspection which will determine whether tonight's Johnstone's Paint Trophy, Northern Area Final against Latics will go ahead.

The inspection had originally been scheduled for 2pm.

In the event of the match being postponed tonight, it will be staged tomorrow weather permitting.

I would say its definately going to be off then

That's :censored:ing ridiculous.

To be fair to Chesterfield if the pitch is frozen now a couple of hours at 4 degrees wont make any difference.

They probably think the cancellation is just a formality so why wait until 2pm when they can give fans as much notice as possible.

If they left it late then called it off a lot would be moaning anyway.

To be fair to Chesterfield if the pitch is frozen now a couple of hours at 4 degrees wont make any difference.

They probably think the cancellation is just a formality so why wait until 2pm when they can give fans as much notice as possible.

If they left it late then called it off a lot would be moaning anyway.

It's not as if many people will be setting off before 2pm though, is it?

Some will have booked half a days hols , others that i know will be travelling from down south .

If it is obvious that the pitch is frozen and a 2pm inspection will just confirm that it's off , why wait ?

Some of oasis will be leaving london andsouthern points from noon onwards so good call by Chesterfield.Latics may also have requested earlier decision if poss.

Might be absolute nonsense and we'll find out soon enough but I've retweeted a Sheffield journalist who said at 10am:

@domhowson: I've been told Chesterfield's match in the JPT tonight with Oldham is likely to beat the cold snap and go ahead.

He then followed up with:

As soon as I get official confirmation over the Spireites match being on, will let you know.

Be honest what time do you leave Burton for latics on a matchday ......bet you in oldham well before ko.

Certainly in Oldham well before ko - probably 11:15am for an evening ko, with family to see. For away matches we try to get there three hours before ko. Time is no longer our master now we're retired. B)

Certainly in Oldham well before ko - probably 11:15am for an evening ko, with family to see. For away matches we try to get there three hours before ko. Time is no longer our master now we're retired. B)

Thats my point...seen you in bar at 1-15 'ish. You never know who u are talking to.