Numpty's on here saying 'sack dickov' when we're getting crowds like that, my brothers a Chester fan (eve stick premier division) and they get 2500-3200 at home. How are we supposed to compete with the likes of both Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield, charlton ect.. Personally I think Dickov is th right man for the job and is doing a good job. Some of his signings have been very good, some ok and some not so good. Basically get off Dickovs back!

Numpty's on here saying 'sack dickov' when we're getting crowds like that, my brothers a Chester fan (eve stick premier division) and they get 2500-3200 at home. How are we supposed to compete with the likes of both Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield, charlton ect.. Personally I think Dickov is th right man for the job and is doing a good job. Some of his signings have been very good, some ok and some not so good. Basically get off Dickovs back!

you got the right thread?

Walking into the White Hart pre match and seeing how dead it was sort of gave you an idea it be a low crowd. A few years back we played Forest on the 15th of Feb we put it back 24hours. Am sure if the club had done the same again made it CAT C with no Man U or Man City on TV we have got over 3000 atleast.

I don't know why everyone is sounding so shocked with the crowd figure - what did you expect?

It was Valentines Day - the season is over to all intents and purposes - why pay out good money to watch the likes Walsall - people still sulking after the Chesterfield debacle - sh1thole of a ground with non-league facilities.

We are not going to attract any extra supporters at this stage in the season, we all should realise that, and we will get the bare bones from now to the end of the season - 2000+.

It is no use whinging about it - we have made a complete mess of this season(other than a lucky cup run and a trip out to Liverpool) and the supporter base will shrink again for next season, so unless we make a good start and attract back the "fair weather" fans we will all be sounding shocked again next season.

Sorry to sound so depressing - but it's that time of year and after another inept second half performance I cannot see us improving our position anytime soon.

We're a place higher than I expected us to be. With games in hand.

In what way have we made "a complete mess" of it?

If you look to make progress year on year then standing still in the league really isn't good enough. Just because, in your opinion, we are one place higher than you thought we would be doesn't make it a "positive" season. Apart from the cup runs this season is no different than last at the moment - probably worse league position wise. We are going through the same post christmas slump as last year but without the "high" point of being near the top early doors. We still find it difficult to score goals, especially after christmas, and whilst it could be argued that the playing staff are slightly better than last year, have we really progressed?

We have made a "complete mess of it" because we had a marvelous opportunity of getting to a wembley final, enjoying a day out and basking in the limelight, attracting a few extra fans(even if they were just "glory hunters" or "hangers-on"), earning a good payday to help erase the anticipated seasons losses, potentially having the opportunity to put ourselves in the shop window to potential buyers, possibly persuading a few extra fans to buy season tickets next year - how long do you want me to go on for?

When will be the next time we get so close to appearing in a wembley final? - can you see it next year or the year after?. We desparately require large sums of money to, for want of a better expression, keep ourselves in the manner we have become accustomed. We desparately need money to finance the long overdue re-development of the ground. I know a cup final wouldn't finance that but, as Tesco say, every little helps.

I'm not having a go at you at all but we have accepted second or even third best for too long now. We need to take every opportunity we can to help finance the club properly and the way things have turned out "we made a complete mess of it"

The JPT defeat is the major factor imo , a massive disappointment.

I still feel miserable over it & I am old enough to enjoy the golden era of the late 80's early 90's.

I think a lot of younger people fell badly let down over this.

Honest question

would you have felt as bad had Sheffield United knocked Oldham out?

Honest question

would you have felt as bad had Sheffield United knocked Oldham out?

It's the old "expectations" thing isn't it.

Once Preston were knocked out, reasonable expectations were that Wembley was but 3 hours away.

Had we drawn a Sheff Utd, reasonable hope would have been that we might, just might, have an outside chance.

It's the old "expectations" thing isn't it.

Once Preston were knocked out, reasonable expectations were that Wembley was but 3 hours away.

Had we drawn a Sheff Utd, reasonable hope would have been that we might, just might, have an outside chance.

And again, Latics failed to live up to this 'expectation'

If you look to make progress year on year then standing still in the league really isn't good enough. Just because, in your opinion, we are one place higher than you thought we would be doesn't make it a "positive" season. Apart from the cup runs this season is no different than last at the moment - probably worse league position wise. We are going through the same post christmas slump as last year but without the "high" point of being near the top early doors. We still find it difficult to score goals, especially after christmas, and whilst it could be argued that the playing staff are slightly better than last year, have we really progressed?

We have made a "complete mess of it" because we had a marvelous opportunity of getting to a wembley final, enjoying a day out and basking in the limelight, attracting a few extra fans(even if they were just "glory hunters" or "hangers-on"), earning a good payday to help erase the anticipated seasons losses, potentially having the opportunity to put ourselves in the shop window to potential buyers, possibly persuading a few extra fans to buy season tickets next year - how long do you want me to go on for?

When will be the next time we get so close to appearing in a wembley final? - can you see it next year or the year after?. We desparately require large sums of money to, for want of a better expression, keep ourselves in the manner we have become accustomed. We desparately need money to finance the long overdue re-development of the ground. I know a cup final wouldn't finance that but, as Tesco say, every little helps.

I'm not having a go at you at all but we have accepted second or even third best for too long now. We need to take every opportunity we can to help finance the club properly and the way things have turned out "we made a complete mess of it"

Apart from the cup runs this season no different than last.. So yes this season is different than last. Yes can see it next season. JPT is a great chance for us to get to Wembley. Yes I can see it next year that we get to Wembley via the JPT.

Are we going through the same post xmas slump? Don't think so, we haven't been battered by anyone in the league. Also we've only lost once in the league this year, and that was a lucky 89th minute goal against one of the best teams in the division. Some of our best players had been out injured for a few weeks at a time, and one is now out until end of the season. We've got one of the lowest budgets in the division. What manner have we become accustomed to? However many years in league one, and for the most part finishing bottom half apart from a few seaons with Dowie, Moore(10th) and Shez in charge? This is what we are, a low mid-table league one side who ain't going anywhere soon. Moore was right, to many of our fans live in the past, and not in the present in expectations for our club. Dickov is doing what is asked of him - keep us up and try and get us a good cup run, which he is doing and has done.

Years and years of stagnating in this division is taking its toll on both Tranmere and Oldham clearly.

Playing practically the same sides year after year becomes tedious for sure, but we also have to deal with false dawns and crap facilities at a ground that is crumbling around us.

Playing practically the same sides year after year becomes tedious for sure, but we also have to deal with false dawns and crap facilities at a ground that is crumbling around us.

Games against Walsall, Huddersfield and Oldham (sure its the same with yous with Tranmere) just dont appeal to me as much anymore. I even think a relegation to league 2 wouldnt be that bad just so that i ca visit a few new grounds and play new teams. Oh an we have the same problems, maybe not on the same scale as Boundary Park but out main stand costs £500,000 a year just to keep safe and renevated. Bad times for both.

Games against Walsall, Huddersfield and Oldham (sure its the same with yous with Tranmere) just dont appeal to me as much anymore. I even think a relegation to league 2 wouldnt be that bad just so that i ca visit a few new grounds and play new teams. Oh an we have the same problems, maybe not on the same scale as Boundary Park but out main stand costs £500,000 a year just to keep safe and renevated. Bad times for both.

Sorry, accidentally hit the little red button on your post! :grin: I think being relegated and then promoted again would be good for us... just depends on if we could actually get the promotion from L2!