Stag Do...Where should we go?

palmer1

Hey guys, doing the best man thing again which means I have to organise another stag do

looking at doing 2 nights (in the England) and was wondering if anybodys been somwhere that they would reccomend?

ive done Whitley bag and Newcastle before and its still an option as the stag loves it there but maybe somwhere else would be better or at least very similar?

not looking at doing any real activities other than drinking

any advice would be much appreciated, cheers

Have you considered going abroad? One of my best mates is soon to be married and for his stag do we are going Budapest. When looking at potential things and places to go, him and the best man reckons the cost would be similar to a couple of nights or weekend away somewhere back home so we thought we might as well! It's just something a bit different really.

The cost was about 160 quid for the flights and 50 quid for a room for three nights. Obviously this is barring the extra costs of food and drink (plus strippers/hookers delete as applicable haha) but the beer looks decently priced, certainly cheaper than home!

Have you considered going abroad? One of my best mates is soon to be married and for his stag do we are going Budapest. When looking at potential things and places to go, him and the best man reckons the cost would be similar to a couple of nights or weekend away somewhere back home so we thought we might as well! It's just something a bit different really.

The cost was about 160 quid for the flights and 50 quid for a room for three nights. Obviously this is barring the extra costs of food and drink (plus strippers/hookers delete as applicable haha) but the beer looks decently priced, certainly cheaper than home!

yeah its been discussed, but all but 2 have young kids or kids due soon and it was decided the best option would be to stay in the country.

yeah its been discussed, but all but 2 have young kids or kids due soon and it was decided the best option would be to stay in the country.

Ah right fair enough. Suppose it doesn't matter where you go as long as you can get trollied ha

Especially if you are beer drinkers there's nowhere much better than York for a session. Loads of fantastic pubs within spitting distance of each other and it's an ancient city with proper character so it feels like something different than going round AN Other city centre. Also lots of B&Bs and hotels, or look at the Uni. Out of term time they might rent you a 10 or so person house, which gives you a proper base for carnage.

Those can be fun. We hired out a barn with a kitchen and bunks somewhere in Shropshire, spent the day off-road quad biking, shooting, and playing tequila cricket.

It wasn't in Much Wenlock by any chance? Sounds like the place I was doing a training course at when the riots were happening.

It wasn't in Much Wenlock by any chance? Sounds like the place I was doing a training course at when the riots were happening.

I don't remember, unfortunately. It was a good few years ago. It was out of town; we had to stock up on food and plenty of beer. Felt very sorry for the family in the other barn who probably weren't expecting a stag do nearby.

Edinburgh is a great place to drink over a weekend, or even a couple of nights in the lakes in the traditional pubs, in the busier villages. Get the cards and darts out and drink real ale 'till it's coming out your pores.

Alternativelt, if there's a good Adult/themed weekend at one of the Butlins, get y'self there - bargain and all you can do is drink!!!

Went to Prague last year. A great weekend, cheap booze (if you find the right places) and venues all night...

On another stag do this june. York races on the saturday and a night in York. £45 in the races includes a carvery and 2 drinks.

I was on a Stag Do 2 weeks ago in Bristol.

Sure some of the Bristol lot on here will be able to expand on this, but we had a top weekend.

No bother in any bars or clubs with 22 lads in 1 group together getting in. Good Lap-Dance clubs that weren't too expensive, and no-one seemed to mind when the Stag was stripped in the main square area at about 6pm after the England vs Italy Rugby game either.

We went to an Outdoor Activity place on the sat and did paintballing - i can recommend it, top weekend!

Krakow was great - cheap flights, cheap hotels, and cheap vodka! Should imagine it'd be great for stag dos.

Or Leeds? Otley Run? Maybe not a man-thing, but I booked a 50-person private cinema for my hen do. It was £100 for the night, we had our own heated smoking terrace, waitress service for drinks, and access to a Wii and DVD player. Great fun!

Especially if you are beer drinkers there's nowhere much better than York for a session. Loads of fantastic pubs within spitting distance of each other and it's an ancient city with proper character so it feels like something different than going round AN Other city centre. Also lots of B&Bs and hotels, or look at the Uni. Out of term time they might rent you a 10 or so person house, which gives you a proper base for carnage.

York is wicked during the day but lacks a bit at night the Gallery is :censored:e.

If you go to York though head into the Evil Eye lounge.

Do York one night then Leeds the next. Or York then Newcastle.

Spice ay life.