Mr Dickov

Can you explain why you took off a fully fit firing winger off and left a knackered striker on the pitch ?

Totally killed the momentum

Worst sub ever

I have to say, I thought the same just from listening to the commentary. Everything remoteless dangerous seemed to come through KMB.

I too thought it was odd , Morais was superb first half , but Lee & Marsh-Brown were creating lots of crosses second half.

The club must be very disappointed with the crowd number , let's be honest league footy looks doomed in this town becuase of several factors.

But let's be honest tonight was dull , so was Saturday . The few moments of entertainment were nowhere near the mass of mediocrity.

We we were well on top in the scond half , we get beat comfortably when we are the away team in this scenario , but we appeared to me to start playing for a 1-0 win ....as if.

Winchester's indecision (not for the first time in the game) and then fouling the guy was just not good enough , leading to the goal.

Mind , Adeyemi seemed like the invisible man for much of the game.

And every time a team levels or takes the lead in the last third of a game we seem lost. I struggle to think of many versions of our team that look less like scoring a late winner than this lot.

Winchester's indecision (not for the first time in the game) and then fouling the guy was just not good enough , leading to the goal.

Mind , Adeyemi seemed like the invisible man for much of the game.

Agree, what winchester was doing i dont know! Everything seems so slow when he's on the ball and the pass is usually backwards. Not good enough at this momemt in time IMO.

Adeyemi.

Still very young, But if he's got aspirations to boss a Championship midfield in the future he really needs to impose himself on nothing games like this.

Yup, Winchester ballsed up for the goal, but the marking was poor too.

Agree with the comments on the substitution. Our chances were coming down that right side and we lost the shape Simpson gives us in the middle which basically meant the inexperienced midfield two became more exposed.

Edited by opinions4u

Adeyemi.

Still very young, But if he's got aspirations to boss a Championship midfield in the future he really needs to impose himself on nothing games like this.

Just seen the goal again on SSN......i'd call it abysmal!

Adeyemi.

Sorry wrong thread

Edited by oafcprozac

Why can't Simpson like several other players last more than an hour ?

Dunno

although after the MK game Simpson tweeted he was having some treatment on an injury , yet he has just played 180 minutes in 4 games . Surely we can take him off at 60/70 mins ?

Dunno

although after the MK game Simpson tweeted he was having some treatment on an injury , yet he has just played 180 minutes in 4 games . Surely we can take him off at 60/70 mins ?

Poor management to let a player play if under treatment for an injury, the player can't possibly give his best and this lets down himself, his team mates and the fans.

No excuse saying there's no replacements, it's the managers job to have adequate replacements in the squad.

Poor management to let a player play if under treatment for an injury, the player can't possibly give his best and this lets down himself, his team mates and the fans.

No excuse saying there's no replacements, it's the managers job to have adequate replacements in the squad.

there was/is replacements though.

last night he should of took Simpson off to give him a rest and kept KMB on

but he took KMB off for Smith , instantly the supply dried up and Lee was left high and dry as Simpson was too tired to track back

there was/is replacements though.

last night he should of took Simpson off to give him a rest and kept KMB on

but he took KMB off for Smith , instantly the supply dried up and Lee was left high and dry as Simpson was too tired to track back

If a player is playing while still under treatment for an injury it suggests the manager has little faith in his replacements.

What outfield players did we have on the bench last night ? a striker not fit enough to even come for 5 minutes, a centre forward who scored 2 goals in midweek yet not considered good enough to start, a centre back who can't play anywhere else and a young kid who couldn't even make the reserves in their last match.

That's what I call inadequate replacements and a poor state of affairs.

A low budget is no excuse as there's scores of good Danny Sheridan type players out there who would bust a gut to play for Latics if given the chance.

Forget young inexperienced loanees and square pegs in round holes, build a squad including like for like players to cover in the event of injuries.

If a player is playing while still under treatment for an injury it suggests the manager has little faith in his replacements.

What outfield players did we have on the bench last night ? a striker not fit enough to even come for 5 minutes, a centre forward who scored 2 goals in midweek yet not considered good enough to start, a centre back who can't play anywhere else and a young kid who couldn't even make the reserves in their last match.

That's what I call inadequate replacements and a poor state of affairs.

A low budget is no excuse as there's scores of good Danny Sheridan type players out there who would bust a gut to play for Latics if given the chance.

Forget young inexperienced loanees and square pegs in round holes, build a squad including like for like players to cover in the event of injuries.

true but what Im saying is he could have made a much better change with that bench he had last night

true but what Im saying is he could have made a much better change with that bench he had last night

I agree, keeping Simpson on was a poor decision, in fact he's been so ineffective recently IMO he shouldn't even have started.

It's not Simpson's fault if he's struggling to overcome an injury, he should be rested until he's 100% fit.

Josh Parker appears out of the picture, why wasn't he on the bench - or the competative midfielder Ryan Burns who has impressed many who go to watch the youth team?

Edited by BP1960

I agree, keeping Simpson on was a poor decision, in fact he's been so ineffective recently IMO he shouldn't even have started.

It's not Simpson's fault if he's struggling to overcome an injury, he should be rested until he's 100% fit.

Josh Parker appears out of the picture, why wasn't he on the bench - or the competative midfielder Ryan Burns?

Looks like Josh Parker has well and truely fell out with Dickov