Tarkowski

Wildly over the top some of the hype about this kid.

He's promising don't get me wrong, and his distribution and touch are much better than most defenders at this level.

But he is shaky in defence, and nowhere near commanding enough yet. He's young, so there's plenty of potential, but has a lot to learn and we need to stop making him out to be Beckenbauer the second.

He's promising don't get me wrong, and his distribution and touch are much better than most defenders at this level.

But he is shaky in defence, and nowhere near commanding enough yet. He's young, so there's plenty of potential, but has a lot to learn and we need to stop making him out to be Beckenbauer the second.

He's got potential to be a good un Mr Vega....

he has the potential to play at a good level if he keeps his head down and works hard,seems to have a good footballing brain

also seems like a decent lad aswell, he helped me and rang me an ambulance when i dislocated my knee on monday at royton & crompton

:blind:

He's playing outstanding at the moment? He constantly attacks beneath the ball and gets out of position.

Mvoto has awful distribution, but he was excellent on Tuesday. Instead of praising him as man of the match, someone on here is talking about dropping him and going for Diamond and Tarkowski.

Typical Latics, a kid of potential comes through and all of a sudden we turn a blind-eye to the fact that he is too soft at the back. Which is his principal role in the team...

Tarky wont win as much in the air as jean and his lack of pace is quite a concern for a 19year old but he more than makes up for this with his positional play , distribution and organisational skills . I think he has played better than mvoto recently and thats not a blinkered view because he has come through the youth system . I would play diamond over mvoto to add another leader and organiser in the team to try and make up for having a powder puff centre midfield without wes and furman .

he has the potential to play at a good level if he keeps his head down and works hard,seems to have a good footballing brain

also seems like a decent lad aswell, he helped me and rang me an ambulance when i dislocated my knee on monday at royton & crompton

Ah so that was you? Couldnt tell what happened. Who you play for?

Id play him next to diamond on saturday if fully fit . Big jean has not progressed at all since last season for such a big man he lacks presence , his positioning and distribution are shocking even for a league one centre back

I don't agree with that. Mvoto has stopped everything that has been thrown at him and tackled everything that moves.

Only time I don't like Mvoto is when he is on the ball as he isn't the best.

Tarkowski on the other had is very comfortable with the ball at his feet so they should complement each other

Much the same as Gregan (the footballer) and Hazell (the tackler) did.

Look I like Tarkowski, he strikes me as a promising player with some excellent qualities - not the least of which seems to be that he's a decent guy. However first rule of Defend Club has to be to defend, and before we get carried away with his promise he needs to shore that up.

In a couple of years I'd like to see a much more powerful and dominate centre-half, who defends with a bit more nous.

as an expert in posting pointless topics this is one of the most pointless topics in the world.

I dont see your point ? Lets not encourage him ?

Eardley will never make it, if he makes the Premier League i'll eat my.............

Young Tarky has been extremely impressive since his return.

He does lack pace of thr mark and that could limit his career; but having said that - plenty of CB's down the years have had the same issue and have compensated for it with excellent positioning; something Tarky has in his locker.

He's a 19 year old kid finding his way in the game.

He also happens to be a very exciting prospect who, if brought through & developed properly, IMO will have a very good career at a higher level than we currently 'enjoy'.

Why is it some look to knock our home-grown lot before they even begin?

they love it . Look at how we have slowly whittled Taylor down to be half the player he was 4 years ago

LOL of course its not the fans fault. I am not denying that our fans are easy to get on the players backs and whilst this does not help to blame Taylors demise on the fans is a Joke. Chris should maybe look a little closer to home.

If the horrible fans of OAFC that voice their opinion can whittle down a player into half of what he was then god help him if he ever got that move to Leeds united in 2009.

Back on topic i think Tarky is a real prospect, composed, strong, good on the ball and only what 18/19 years old. Hope we stick with him and help him develop into a real good player at this level.