A word of caution for this week

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble after yesterday's great win but lets have a bit of perspective for the 2 games this week.

Before anyone starts, of course we want 6 points from 6.

BUT......

We all know it aint always that simple - we still have a young team especially in midfield and it will take time for Brown to settle in, albeit he got better as the game progressed yesterday.

We all expected nowt from yesterday including myself, i was looking more at these 2 games coming up as 6 points to compensate for any defeat.

If you would have said that we will get 7 points out of the sheff utd, scunny and yeovil games then we would all have took it.

If this would have been draw, win, win then no problem; but you can bet your bottom dollar should we only draw on tuesday the simpletons of our fan base would not put it into perspective and will be the ususal moaning contingent 'rubbush, :censored:e' etc.

were we to sheff utd W, then D, W or W, D - we still get the same number of points over those 3 games it is just how it is perceived as 'points lost' against the lesser teams that clouds the actually points total.

I guess my point is to just keep a lid on things regards expectations - we SHOULD win thses next 2 games table-wise, but points wise should we W/D or D/W, after yesterdays result in aint as ':censored:e again' as it seems.

Edited by shefflatic

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble after yesterday's great win but lets have a bit of perspective for the 2 games this week.

Before anyone starts, of course we want 6 points from 6.

BUT......

We all know it aint always that simple - we still have a young team especially in midfield and it will take time for Brown to settle in, albeit he got better as the game progressed yesterday.

We all expected nowt from yesterday including myself, i was looking more at these 2 games coming up as 6 points to compensate for any defeat.

If you would have said that we will get 7 points out of the sheff utd, scunny and yeovil games then we would all have took it.

If this would have been draw, win, win then no problem; but you can bet your bottom dollar should we only draw on tuesday the simpletons of our fan base would not put it into perspective and will be the ususal moaning contingent 'rubbush, :censored:e' etc.

were we to sheff utd W, then D, W or W, D - we still get the same number of points over those 3 games it is just how it is perceived as 'points lost' against the lesser teams that clouds the actually points total.

I guess my point is to just keep a lid on things regards expectations - we SHOULD win thses next 2 games table-wise, but points wise should we W/D or D/W, after yesterdays result in aint as ':censored:e again' as it seems.

Anything but 6 points and all the idiots will be out asking for Dickov to get sacked!

Why do people keep talking about people wanting Dickov out? Who are these people? There's a 4 page thread on the topic below and only one post from someone who actually wants him out.

Sometimes I think people just want a drama. If we don't beat Scunthorpe or Yeovil then people will complain, but who is calling for the manager's head? I don't understand where it's all come from. People on here bemoaned the performance on Tuesday night, but in fairness we did play like a bag of :censored:e. Yes we need strengthening in midfield, but does anyone think the problem is one of PD's rather than simply one of funding?!

/\ this

If & when i hear ' we want Dickov out' songs at games, i'll be more than happy to enter 1 or 2 'debates' with those singing said songs........

BUT, i dont hear those songs; and the the Dickov out thread wad 1 or 2 muppets against everyone else, so i dont see this Dickov Out brigade either

4 points from the next 2 games should be a realistic target, but if we dont get that, then anyone seeking PD's wants theirs looking at

/\ this

If & when i hear ' we want Dickov out' songs at games, i'll be more than happy to enter 1 or 2 'debates' with those singing said songs........

BUT, i dont hear those songs; and the the Dickov out thread wad 1 or 2 muppets against everyone else, so i dont see this Dickov Out brigade either

4 points from the next 2 games should be a realistic target, but if we dont get that, then anyone seeking PD's wants theirs looking at

I don't care wether we win or lose, I feel its irrelevant at this stage of the season...wat I do care about is the manner of the defeat/draw....

Nah. I've had enough games where " we should have won that" or " we didn't deserve to lose by <>".

I want wins. And I don't care how they come....

We have always raised our game against the top of the table sides then slipped up against teams "we should beat". It would be typical of us to get our good result on Saturday and follow it up a bad one on Tuesday. Having said that, if you'd said last Tuesday that we would take 4 points from Colchester & Sheff U I'd have taken it.

We have always raised our game against the top of the table sides...

As Dickov pointed out in Friday's Chron:

Pointing to the draw gained in an enterprising show at Charlton and the graft put in despite losing to the only goal at Huddersfield, Athletic’s manager beloeves his men are capable of lifting themselves on big occasions against ambitious clubs.

We have always raised our game against the top of the table sides then slipped up against teams "we should beat". It would be typical of us to get our good result on Saturday and follow it up a bad one on Tuesday. Having said that, if you'd said last Tuesday that we would take 4 points from Colchester & Sheff U I'd have taken it.

I'm not sure that's really true though this season.

Sides above:

Charlton - D ?

Sheff U - L W

Sheff W - L ?

Hudders - D L

MK Dons - W L

Notts C - W ?

Stevenage - D ?

Carlisle - D ?

Hartlepool - L ?

Brentford - L ?

Colchester - L D

Bournemouth - D ?

Sides below:

Bury - L ?

Preston - D ?

Orient - W ?

Yeovil - L ?

Scunthorpe - W ?

Tranmere - L W

Exeter - L D

Walsall - W W

Chesterfield - D W

Rochdale - W ?

Wycombe - W ?

We've picked up 15 points from the 12 sides above us and 26 from the 11 below us...