Palace Season Tickets

The problem isn't really with prices, you can drone on and on about the recession all you want. If you were a kid and came to Boundary Park and saw what was on offer you wouldn't really be "hooked" would you? If it was down to price BP would be full with the golden ticket offer.

The matchday experience at boundary park is hardly enjoyable anymore. Crap apmosphere, 3 sides, poor attendance, small chance of seeing a good game, small chance of seeing us score, smaller chance of seeing us win. You go to the game already knowing the script.

The only thing this club has going for it is Paul Dickov, he is bringing in players with the right attitude, but i doubt whether we will keep any of the better players and gain some consistancy because we can't afford to give out more than 1 year contracts.

But hold on the futures bright, alan hardy has been replaced by an accountant........ just what we need, fresh new ideas.

The problem isn't really with prices, you can drone on and on about the recession all you want. If you were a kid and came to Boundary Park and saw what was on offer you wouldn't really be "hooked" would you? If it was down to price BP would be full with the golden ticket offer.

The matchday experience at boundary park is hardly enjoyable anymore. Crap apmosphere, 3 sides, poor attendance, small chance of seeing a good game, small chance of seeing us score, smaller chance of seeing us win. You go to the game already knowing the script.

The only thing this club has going for it is Paul Dickov, he is bringing in players with the right attitude, but i doubt whether we will keep any of the better players and gain some consistancy because we can't afford to give out more than 1 year contracts.

But hold on the futures bright, alan hardy has been replaced by an accountant........ just what we need, fresh new ideas.

.... like the Golden Ticket offer....

Disagree. My 8yo half-brother is hooked, mainly off the back of the trip to Anfield and the win at Sheff U - he was still buzzing off that at full time on Saturday. In my experience kids get hooked off the buzz and the experience - being part of a large (or noisy!) crowd, or having a good matchday experience. The footy played seems largely irrelevant.

Agreed if your under 10 you get hooked on what your dad introduces you too. That's what happened with me. Saying that there was a lot more to do when I started going, the junior Latics lounge In The lookers and the guess the gate. Playing on the video games a half time made sure I attended every other week!

Might work as we currently have enough room for any extra kids who come with their season ticket holder relatives. The Junior Latics lounge was nearly always busy just before the game and at half-time when I was young enough to go in, lots of kids seemingly spent quite a bit of time during the game when I was too old for it, it might not have made much money in itself but its absence has limited its impact on nurturing more Latics fans. If we put up some marquees or the like on the Lookers side of the ground it would be my first priority before even a bar that the Chaddy End could access.

Kids get hooked win lose or draw it is the swearing and being at the game with their dad that does it, I have no idea what the matches were like when I started going but I remeber sitting in the Chaddy End and giving a sneaky two finger salute to the away fans in RRE and then being afraid someone would tell my dad. Under 10 going to a place full of grown men swearing is the best expirence you can have, that's why I don't agree with the family areas. They are more likely to kill of children's interest.

Agree , anything aimed at getting the kid in is worth a go.

All these golden tickets etc are all short term attempts but we need to do more for the longer term.

Notice Stockport had 6000 there on saturday because it was kids for £1 .

We should do that at very home game next season and lets get them interested.

any lose on revenue for a whole season would be less than the golden ticket is costing.

long term far better offer than the golden ticket.

or distrubute tickets to EVERY school in Oldham with free admission for kids with every paying adult.

Personally I'd prefer it if playershare was replaced with a scheme where money raised went on buying season tickets to give away to local schools than funding the playing budget (which should be the owner's job). Might be just me though...

Agree , anything aimed at getting the kid in is worth a go.

All these golden tickets etc are all short term attempts but we need to do more for the longer term.

Notice Stockport had 6000 there on saturday because it was kids for £1 .

We should do that at very home game next season and lets get them interested.

any lose on revenue for a whole season would be less than the golden ticket is costing.

long term far better offer than the golden ticket.

or distrubute tickets to EVERY school in Oldham with free admission for kids with every paying adult.

Don't think the Golden Ticket is costing much net revenue though.

About 2250 sold over. An average pay on the day walk up figure of 450 per match . Would we have got many more for the recent games especially the two night matches?