For :censored: Sake drop the big lump, it's like last season all over again.

I'm rapidly losing patience with a :censored:ing clown that perseveres with strikers that do not score goals. (Tonk 0 in 21 last season)

:censored: budget, club going nowhere we know, but we have other options, thanks for the purple patch Shefki, but time for a rest….

Edited by oafcprozac

I'm rapidly losing patience with a :censored:ing clown that perseveres with strikers that do not score goals.

:censored: budget, club going nowhere we know, but we have other options, thanks for the purple patch Shefki, but time for a rest….

We know he won't rest him, its like the England cricket team persisting with Morgan hoping he'll come good in time.

Kuqi... The Torres of league 1 :~p

I've woke up this morning, still as pissed off as I was last night. I didn't go, I was all set to go on the official coach until finding out I was working today. I'm glad I didn't go...

Kuqi hasn't scored in open play in each of his last 16 League Games. During those 16 League games we've scored only 14 goals, we've won only 4 of those games and scored more than one on three occasions. Take out those 3 games and it's 6 goals in 13 games!!!! Not good enough, with players like Morais, Taylor, Simpson and KMB we make chances (mostly) but the wrong man is in the team to take advantage. Every striker goes through a drought and you do feel for Kuqi, but if we had not seen this blind faith bollocks with Tonk last season, then maybe my patience would not have snapped. Two or three weeks ago, I thought we'd done enough to be safe, now i'm not so sure. The LUCKY win at Sheffield, hid the cracks imo and i'm convinced that we are about to embark on another run like last season. Dickov is not learning from his mistakes. He talks a good game, but does little to back it up with a team that makes the same mistakes week in week out, that runs out of steam after an hour.

Saturday is now massive, if he starts with Kuqi and we lose AGAIN, I feel the worm will turn. He's done a decent job here and brought in some decent players. But his loyalty to one or two has undone a lot of good work in both his seasons here, yes he's been hampered in both years by losing his midfielders, but he has options already at the club. He should have the balls to use them……….

Edited by oafcprozac

I've woke up this morning, still as pissed off as I was last night. I didn't go, I was all set to go on the official coach until finding out I was working today. I'm glad I didn't go...

Kuqi hasn't scored in open play in each of his last 16 League Games. During those 16 League games we've scored only 14 goals, we've won only 4 of those games and scored more than one on three occasions. Take out those 3 games and it's 6 goals in 13 games!!!! Not good enough, with players like Morais, Taylor, Simpson and KMB we make chances (mostly) but the wrong man is in the team to take advantage. Every striker goes through a drought and you do feel for Kuqi, but if we had not seen this blind faith bollocks with Tonk last season, then maybe my patience would not have snapped. Two or three weeks ago, I thought we'd done enough to be safe, now i'm not so sure. The LUCKY win at Sheffield, hid the cracks imo and i'm convinced that we are about to embark on another run like last season. Dickov is not learning from his mistakes. He talks a good game, but does little to back it up with a team that makes the same mistakes week in week out, that runs out of steam after an hour.

Saturday is now massive, if he starts with Kuqi and we lose AGAIN, I feel the worm will turn. He's done a decent job here and brought in some decent players. But his loyalty to one or two has undone a lot of good work in both his seasons here, yes he's been hampered in both years by losing his midfielders, but he has options already at the club. He should have the balls to use them……….

I agree with everything you write. It's almost as it dickov is too stubborn to drop kuqi after publicly backing him. I expect to see him in the sideo on Saturday for what will be a tough game as dale will be fired up.

Edited by welshgaz

Agreed, no precident for Kuqi to start.

Kuqi scenarios on here after the Rochdale game;

He doesn't play against Rochdale and Latics don't score: "He should never have rested him, he was playing well despite not scoring goals".

He doesn't play against Rochdale and his replacement Smith scores "Told you Smith would score goals if he started games".

He plays against Rochdale and scores " Like PD I knew he would come good eventually".

He plays against Rochdale and doesn't score: This thread is repeated with the same arguments.

Edited by BP1960

Was a frustrating night last night, the first half we hardly hand any chances on goal, what we did have came in the way of set pieces and they were awful! Kuqi was on the floor most of it, a strong wind would have blown him over last night and Reid I don't think touched the ball. Second half was a lot livelier with Taylor coming into the game more and playing some quality through balls. Kuqi was a lot better second half and looked more likely to score than Reid. I would have liked to see Smith come on at the break as he looked good with the little service he got. It wasn't good to see the players at each others throats midway through the second half but then again it shows passion. For me they left to too late to start playing and it wasn't long before a point looked good away from home. But typically we go down 1-0 in the 90th minute and Stevenage didn't look a good side. We missed players like Simpson and the creativity of Furman.

Kuqi scenarios on here after the Rochdale game;

He doesn't play against Rochdale and Latics don't score: "He should never have rested him, he was playing well despite not scoring goals".

He doesn't play against Rochdale and his replacement Smith scores "Told you Smith would score goals if he started games".

He plays against Rochdale and scores " Like PD I knew he would come good eventually".

He plays against Rochdale and doesn't score: This thread is repeated with the same arguments.

I'm very confident he'll score if he benches him and throws him on all fired up at 60 minutes.

Well, score or get sent off. :unsure:

I'm rapidly losing patience with a :censored:ing clown that perseveres with strikers that do not score goals. (Tonk 0 in 21 last season)

Who are these other options? Please don't say Smith.

Yet again people are writing a lad off before he's been given a proper run in the team. Ten minutes here or there when we're behind is not a chance. Playing the last 12 games of the season is a chance. We're persevering with a striker that hasn't scored in open play for 22 games and as good as Reid looked earlier in the season he doesn't look like scoring either adding to his 3 goals from open play in his 40 or so appearances so just who is going to score the goals that will yield the 10 points or so to guarantee safety?

A player doesn't need a run in the team to show if he can head the ball in the right direction or run fast. That can be seen in 10/20 mins. Unfortunately Smith hasn't shown the basics when he's been on - maybe another pre-season conditioning and some technical work may see him get better but he hasn't got the tools now.

I agree that last night was the night to have Kuqi on the bench.

Sounds like it would have been 0-0 with an hour gone. Bring him on at that stage and who knows?

As for Saturday, it's a tougher one. I think Jones is likely to piss all over our midfield and Kuqi dropping deep might be the best weapon we have in countering it.

And fans' expectations of a performance are going to be (rightly) higher at Spotland than at Stevenage.

A player doesn't need a run in the team to show if he can head the ball in the right direction or run fast. That can be seen in 10/20 mins. Unfortunately Smith hasn't shown the basics when he's been on - maybe another pre-season conditioning and some technical work may see him get better but he hasn't got the tools now.

What about his stunning header v Blackpool in pre-season? His towering header to win the game at Scunny? Nipping in to head the equaliser at Chesterfield? Or the one on one he buried at Orient? Yes he's missed a few, but he's there to miss them, Kuqi or Reid invariably don't even get there or if they do they don't even get a shot away. Starting a game is different to coming on as sub, give him a run....Dickov talked smith up when he signed him he's scored vs decent reserve teams. All season yet Dickov continues to back his mate shefki whllst not giving a young lad a proper chance. If he's not willing to plsy smith then he'll have to bring in a striker on loan, it wouldn't surprise me if Kuqi didn't score in open play again this season....

I agree that last night was the night to have Kuqi on the bench.

Sounds like it would have been 0-0 with an hour gone. Bring him on at that stage and who knows?

As for Saturday, it's a tougher one. I think Jones is likely to piss all over our midfield and Kuqi dropping deep might be the best weapon we have in countering it.

And fans' expectations of a performance are going to be (rightly) higher at Spotland than at Stevenage.

last time Kuqi was on the bench was at chesterfield in the league game, smith looked ungainly but they were struggling to contain him, He deservedly and looked a threat, yet is subbed for Kuqi who vines on and our threat diminished

What about his stunning header v Blackpool in pre-season? His towering header to win the game at Scunny? Nipping in to head the equaliser at Chesterfield? Or the one on one he buried at Orient? Yes he's missed a few, but he's there to miss them, Kuqi or Reid invariably don't even get there or if they do they don't even get a shot away. Starting a game is different to coming on as sub, give him a run....Dickov talked smith up when he signed him he's scored vs decent reserve teams. All season yet Dickov continues to back his mate shefki whllst not giving a young lad a proper chance. If he's not willing to plsy smith then he'll have to bring in a striker on loan, it wouldn't surprise me if Kuqi didn't score in open play again this season....

Opinions about Smith and Kuqi are one thing but balloons to this bit in bold.

The criticism of Kuqi has to be that he's missed some good chances, hitting bar, side netting, putting wide etc ( i can think of 4/5 in the last few matches) so to say he's not getting there or not getting a shot away is as accurate as some of his shots or Smith's headers. :D

Edited by LaticsPete

For all we know smith might be looking shoddy in training? So dickov has no option but to stick with kuqi?

Kuqi is on an awful run but he proved at the start of the season he can finish, all it can take is one fluky goal from open play an he could regain that goalscoring prowess and end up with a 20 goal return, which noone can argue with?

On a personal note, in the short time smith comes on he shows no sign of pace, aerial ability, or a first touch. As people say he may need a proper run, but to earn that he needs to seize any oppurtunity he gets, and for me he just doesn't..

Edited by Schlieb

Opinions about Smith and Kuqi are one thing but balloons to this bit in bold.

The criticism of Kuqi has to be that he's missed some good chances, hitting bar, side netting, putting wide etc ( i can think of 4/5 in the last few matches) so to say he's not getting there or not getting a shot away is as accurate as some of his shots or Smith's headers. :D

How may headers has he won in the opposition's box over those 22 games? How many efforts has he actually got ON target? Not counting the side netting/woodwork whichis off target anyway. The not getting there was aimed more at Reid but Kuqi spends too much time in his own half nowhere near goal. He doesn't trust his team-mates so goes searching for the ball. How often do we put crosses in and there's no bugger there? Kuqi too often recently is the reason moves break down, last night every time we looked like creating, the move broke down with Kuqi - according to the commentary anyway and that has been the case for weeks. He loses the ball then stays still, even of we win the ball back, the ball comes in and he's still sulking either out wide or not where he should be in the box anticipating the cross.

Kuqi is a better player than Smith, but at the moment Smith has been scoring for the reserves. Kuqi has drawn a 3 month blank in open play, going on for FOUR months in open play in the league It is simply time to give Smith a chance. After-all, Smith will be here next season, according to those in the know Kuqi won't….. and Smith has scored a goal in open play in the league during that time. The only game he has started in, at the expense of Kuqi….

For all we know smith might be looking shoddy in training? So dickov has no option but to stick with kuqi?

Kuqi is on an awful run but he proved at the start of the season he can finish, all it can take is one fluky goal from open play an he could regain that goalscoring prowess and end up with a 20 goal return, which noone can argue with?

On a personal note, in the short time smith comes on he shows no sign of pace, aerial ability, or a first touch. As people say he may need a proper run, but to earn that he needs to seize any oppurtunity he gets, and for me he just doesn't..

That's unfair on the lad, because of Kuqi's failures we are expecting miracles. Let him start a couple of games and see whether he can seize a PROPER chance, not having to feed on scraps from knackered team-mates giving crap service. Let him feed on some of the service Kuqi has been making a balls of in the opening 70 minutes of the last 22 games…..

I always love these 'he only picks his mates', 'drop (insert name here), and play ......'. Reminds of the time a fan approached Venables or Robson not sure which one and asked why the star player wasn't starting and it was because he was injured. Now I'm not sayin Smith is injured or rubbish in training, but managers see things we fans don't. Kuqi may bring something to we don't realise because we don't know him personally, last night Dickov was questions for not starting Tarky. Clearly it was becasue he needed a rest as it happens he played most of the game anyway, but it is very easy to sit in the stands and moan somebody should be dropped. I do it also every fan does, but to call someone a clown because they rate a player you don't is a joke.

Dickov may not be the man to get this club in the Championship but he has a better chance of doing it than any fan would, so whilst we have opinions and share them with fans please try do it with some respect.