New striker on the way for the weekend

Gavin Browne ‏ @GavinBrowne77

PD says #oafc WILL have a new striker, if not today, then tomorrow

Matt Chambers ‏ @Matt_chambers

New striker expected to arrive at #oafc before weekend. Likely to be tomorrow. No Furman, Simpson for Saturday.

Veteran campaigner or untried youngster from Premier League club?

My wild punt is Aaron Wilbraham but who knows?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonks has had a good rest since he was burnt out

But has barely played, however he would rip some serious arseholes in this division after in effect a year's rest. Be like a caged gorilla waiting to be released… (not a racist remark, before the thought police seize on it…) TBH i'm not sure i'd want to go back. The fact no-one else has taken a punt on him says a lot as he mostly did ok here. We need a nippy, poacher to compliment either Reid or Kuqi.

However my money's on someone :censored: like Scapuzzi, or someone who has failed to rip any trees in loan spells elsewhere like David Ball.

But has barely played, however he would rip some serious arseholes in this division after in effect a year's rest. Be like a caged gorilla waiting to be released… (not a racist remark, before the thought police seize on it…) TBH i'm not sure i'd want to go back. The fact no-one else has taken a punt on him says a lot as he mostly did ok here. We need a nippy, poacher to compliment either Reid or Kuqi.

However my money's on someone :censored: like Scapuzzi, or someone who has failed to rip any trees in loan spells elsewhere like David Ball.

Thought ball had a decent scoring record?

Thought ball had a decent scoring record?

Maybe not.Personal information

Full name David Michael Ball[1]

Date of birth 14 December 1989 (1989-12-14) (age 22)

Place of birth Whitefield, England

Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Peterborough United

Number 9

Youth career

2007–2009 Manchester City

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2009–2011 Manchester City 0 (0)

2010–2011 → Swindon Town (loan) 18 (2)

2011– Peterborough United 34 (8)

2011–2012 → Rochdale (loan) 14 (3)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct

13 in 66, (5 in 32 loan appearances) not fantastic but then he has scored a few in this league before. Tbh 3 or 4 might be enough to nick us the points to survive. Although we need 2 or 3 to get anything at the moment the way our pisspoor defence is playing.

Just seen the goal from the other night, WTF is Tarky doing? He's drawn to the ball well out of position and defending a last minute cross we have two midfielders in the middle???? And I think JYM had decided to leave early to beat the traffic, he's nowhere to be seen!

Edited by oafcprozac

13 in 66, (5 in 32 loan appearances) not fantastic but then he has scored a few in this league before. Tbh 3 or 4 might be enough to nick us the points to survive. Although we need 2 or 3 to get anything at the moment the way our pisspoor defence is playing.

Just seen the goal from the other night, WTF is Tarky doing? He's drawn to the ball well out of position and defending a last minute cross we have two midfielders in the middle???? And I think JYM had decided to leave early to beat the traffic, he's nowhere to be seen!

M'voto is up the arse of the bloke who lays it off.

The rumour rocking around was that Bunn was the one who leaked Westley's mental 2am text to the press. In fairness if Citeh don't want Bunn working Westley's slightly strange hours then they don't have to, he may not have leaked the text to the press but if he told Mancini or Citeh's academy chief and they weren't happy then I can see City calling him back.

The rumour rocking around was that Bunn was the one who leaked Westley's mental 2am text to the press. In fairness if Citeh don't want Bunn working Westley's slightly strange hours then they don't have to, he may not have leaked the text to the press but if he told Mancini or Citeh's academy chief and they weren't happy then I can see City calling him back.

Nippy, skilful and an eye for goal. Could be the answer. Although Dale fans didn't think he was an out and out striker. BUT he'd be summat different to what we already have with KMB not due back until the end of the month.

I think it's pretty nailed on it'll be Bunn or Ball, although I have heard whisperings of Richards from Vale…..but that I can't see happening.

I read that at first as Rickers!

We could do with goalscoring midfielder like Rickers. Stitch's team may have been pisspoor but we spread the goals around. Dux, Ricker, Shez, Graham, Garnett…..good job really as the strikers were poor to say the least!