We're going down

M'Voto's booking was the highlight for me.

It was the only time in the game a Latics player put in a cruncher in the midfield area.

First Dale goal: Tarky heads it straight up in the air and then lets it bounce. Shocker.

Second Dale goal: Brown backs away forever and they get a chance - Cisak saves brilliantly but we then fail to clear the resultant corner.

Third goal: M'Changama (who played ok) gets caught in possession on the half way line. Tarky gets done and pointless tug. Could easily have been a red card.

If our players aren't prepared to put their foot in, rattle an opponent, make a tackle early then we're doomed.

It can be fixed, even with the players currently available.

Although when your two match saving substitutions are Hughes and Winchester you see how paper thin the squad is.

Was Hughes really offside on the disallowed goal?

We thought he'd given offside but spoke to a mate who didn't go after game and he said Latics World said it was for a foul on the keeper? :unsure:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defence was shocking today, as others have said backing off and letting them get to the edge of the box before considering a challenge.

M'voto - was he wearing someone elses boots ??...terrible control and distribution, and the left back position....i nominate prozac, couldn't do any worse.

Up until his clanger for the third goal i had m'changama as my MOM.

So, another decent turnout and another disappointment.

As for morais' incident....you couldn't make it up!

we won't go down.

anyone at the game today will have seen a good latics performance with six regulars out, two debuts, two fairly new players and only four players you could call senior players

a battling performance that we could have won today. on that game, both latics and dale will stay up.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? We were absolute DOG:censored: today. Second best all over the park and outplayed a by rock-bottom Rochdale. If that's a good performance, then I'd like some of what you were on whilst watching the game.

We were only kept in it by Cisak. M'Changama and Reid are the only other ones who can come out of the game with any sense of self respect. Everyone else needs to be taking a long, hard look at themselves.

And don't even get me started on Brown. He can just :censored: off back to OT tonight for me after that disgraceful, cowardly display.

Got behind the lads for the full 90 today. But when the final whistle came, I booed so hard I nearly gave myself a migraine.

I know we've got injury/suspension problems, but that performance was unacceptable, youth/loanees or otherwise.

It was a pile of :censored:, and I'm still fuming.....

Edited by Snookmeister

Whats more disappointing is that the midfield problem has been staring PD in the face for months now and he has done nowt about it.

We have lost 2 tigers in midfield and replaced them with 3 teddy bears.

Having no experience in midfield and the centre of defence is now showing .

The last 2 months has been shocking in Midfield and every team we play just dominates that area without breaking sweat.

We have no alternatives in the current squad until Furnman gets fit so he has to get someone in.

What Brown is doing on a football pitch is beyond me and i assume at OT he is the tea boy !!!!

Unless PD does something about it NOW then we are going down :ranting:

Whats more disappointing is that the midfield problem has been staring PD in the face for months now and he has done nowt about it.

We have lost 2 tigers in midfield and replaced them with 3 teddy bears.

Having no experience in midfield and the centre of defence is now showing .

The last 2 months has been shocking in Midfield and every team we play just dominates that area without breaking sweat.

We have no alternatives in the current squad until Furnman gets fit so he has to get someone in.

What Brown is doing on a football pitch is beyond me and i assume at OT he is the tea boy !!!!

Unless PD does something about it NOW then we are going down :ranting:

do people honestly expect Furman to play for us again?

it's weird how an injury which appeared to be minor has kept him from playing for such a long time.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? We were absolute DOG:censored: today. Second best all over the park and outplayed a by rock-bottom Rochdale. If that's a good performance, then I'd like some of what you were on whilst watching the game.

We were only kept in it by Cisak. M'Changama and Reid are the only other ones who can come out of the game with any sense of self respect. Everyone else needs to be taking a long, hard look at themselves.

And don't even get me started on Brown. He can just :censored: off back to OT tonight for me after that disgraceful, cowardly display.

Got behind the lads for the full 90 today. But when the final whistle came, I booed so hard I nearly gave myself a migraine.

I know we've got injury/suspension problems, but that performance was unacceptable, youth/loanees or otherwise.

afraid i am serious, and i enjoyed the game more than i have done in ages. dont think we were outplayed either, we lost the midfield but we made chances and scored two good goals. shame we :censored: down at the beginning of either half.

brown was 100% better than against yeovil and was a decent left back i thought, but when you wanted him to hoof it forward in injury time, he went on a run.

i was pretty upbeat today, but maybe im just optimistic, because everyone else seems to think with six players out we should be winning the league..

What Dan said, to the letter...

It was indeed a pile of :censored:.

How on earth anyone can be other than pissed off with that is bewildering.

lets face it,they were better,yes,thats bottom of the table cannon fodder.

cock all coming at hartlepool and the alarm beels are ringing.

The team is so bad i wouldnt know where to start,the back 4 is frightening,mvoto is an accident waiting happen as soon as the ball goes anywhere near his plates of meat,his distribution is at times comical.

do people honestly expect Furman to play for us again?

it's weird how an injury which appeared to be minor has kept him from playing for such a long time.

Yes.

He's expected to return to full training on monday I think.

He suffered a set-back a few weeks ago when he stepped up his training.

Was Hughes really offside on the disallowed goal?

I don't think he was offside. I might be proven wrong by the replay but at the time I thought he was onside when Taylor shot. He was stood in an offside position at the point he put the ball in the net but it had come off one of their players so not offside. If the ref gave a foul then that's different of course but I'm pretty certain the lino flagged offside - bad decision.

We were dreadful today and yet still could have won the game. 2 decent penalty shouts turned down (foul on Tarky and a handball).

We'll be struggling for centre halves on Tuesday when Tarky's suspended.

Why oh why do we keep playing long ball? The only time we looked dangerous was when we played football.

We were awful today. That level of performance shouldn't be accepted against the top sides in the division let alone the bottom.

The comment made about replacing missing midfielders with three teddy bears is spot on.

Where has all this backing off :censored: come from us as well? Dean Holden was a big fan of running backwards during his time with us. It appears him being on the pitch today spread it to our players. Get stuck in before we're really in the thick of it.

Brown can go back. There's certain things that aren't acceptable. Our manager preaches giving everything. I assume he means when thing aren't in your favour as well as times you could easily win a challenge and choose to back off.

Why are we never alert when we begin and end halves? Watch each home game as we quickly end up on the back foot right from kick off. Not good enough.

we won't go down.

anyone at the game today will have seen a good latics performance with six regulars out, two debuts, two fairly new players and only four players you could call senior players

a battling performance that we could have won today. on that game, both latics and dale will stay up.

Are you for real?

We were awful today. That level of performance shouldn't be accepted against the top sides in the division let alone the bottom.

The comment made about replacing missing midfielders with three teddy bears is spot on.

Where has all this backing off :censored: come from us as well? Dean Holden was a big fan of running backwards during his time with us. It appears him being on the pitch today spread it to our players. Get stuck in before we're really in the thick of it.

Brown can go back. There's certain things that aren't acceptable. Our manager preaches giving everything. I assume he means when thing aren't in your favour as well as times you could easily win a challenge and choose to back off.

Why are we never alert when we begin and end halves? Watch each home game as we quickly end up on the back foot right from kick off. Not good enough.

The management team keep harping on about concentration levels but i don't think anyones listening. We are far too easy to score against, and clean sheets are as rare as rocking horse droppings.

I've got £10 that says we aren't going down THIS SEASON Anyone that thinks otherwise want to put their money where their mouth is

whoopie fu*cking doo still doesnt hide how fecking :censored: we really are,dicko out for me fellas..................................

Edited by oafc21

According to Dickov, the referee admitted their player handballed it in first half, but he didnt deem it to be intentional. Yet the ref saw us handball it in their box in second half and deemed it intentional when it bounced up onto our player?

If Dickov had all the money in the world and we were 17th then yeah, get rid! But he's not! He's working on a tiny budget that will be smaller than some teams in league 2. I give him credit for sticking with this club for so long......crowds getting smaller (aside from the ticker offer thing), some fans who are going seem to be going just to shout abuse at the players and not support them. If we stay up, in my eyes it's an achievement! If we do end up dropping into league 2, it would be a big blow but by no means the end of the world! It could then go one of two ways.......we come back stronger and improve IF the fans can at least attempt some sort of optimism towards our club......on the other hand, with some of the fans who only have negative things to say, it seems like they will only be satisfied when we are losing 5-0 at southport like Stockport this afternoon! It's times like this that you see who the real fans are.......it's easy to 'support' a team when they are doing well.......now I don't know about the rest of you, but come Tuesday, I'll be going upto Hartlepool full of optimism that we can get a decent result! KTF!