What would to like to see PD change ?

The formation. Granted, since Tonks came back we've adopted a sort of 442 but playing Simpson on the wing is never going to work, he is too prone to cut in and leave Lee doing all the work on the right side. Other than that, I think, honestly, that we could do a lot worse than play Bunn/Simpson up front with Tonks/Shefki on the bench.

I think he needs to now how to utilise his squad over the course of the season.

Its clear that the problems seem to come in the second half of the season, the business end of the season and the time when the cream rises. So if we look at how he approaches next season perhaps he need to look how he should play his squad over the course of the season and time the gallop to the line. The 1st half of next season he needs to give evyone a chance to prove their worth aim to be in the top half come the end of january but with a squad thats fresh and still has plenty left in the tank. We've played Kuqi all the way through this season and he's burnt out. The forwards inparticular suffer most from burn out if Kuqi his here next season he should be playing no more than 30 games certainly not twice a week its clearly not getting the best out of him.

Actually, in all seriousness, I think he needs to utilise his squad. He has a fantastic midfield prospect in Mellor, yet brings loan midfielders in and puts Mellor at full back. How about bringing a loan full back in and use Mellor in midfield?! Got some bright young kids at the club who will never get the chance to step up to the first team if we insist on taking other clubs young players on loan instead.

The formation. Granted, since Tonks came back we've adopted a sort of 442 but playing Simpson on the wing is never going to work, he is too prone to cut in and leave Lee doing all the work on the right side. Other than that, I think, honestly, that we could do a lot worse than play Bunn/Simpson up front with Tonks/Shefki on the bench.

personally I think that playing 4-4-2 has limited any creativity with the players we have, we rely too much on the wingers who don't always play in that position. The 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3 is much more effective in the modern game because it's easier for players to switch positions when needed

Edited by Tommy_Fent

that fat lump that sits behind him every home game with his hands behind his head and his legs crossed never opening his mouth until he needs to send someone for another coffee!

which all started after the scrap last season against ......Walsall was it?

i think he is the assistant manager or somat.

i agree what does taggart actually do, cant coach the defence can he is that why we cant defend?

I don't get the repetition of this argument. We're equally :censored: up front and Dickov's a striker; why is same not being said about him, if we're going to take that line with Taggart?

i agree what does taggart actually do, cant coach the defence can he is that why we cant defend?

I have no idea if he's any good at his job or not.

I do know that if you analyse goals conceded you will usually be able to point the finger at a defender. That applies in all football. Look at Benfica's goal at Chelsea for example.

Latics have a bigger problem at the other end of the pitch. With an attacking force of Kuqi, Simpson, Taylor and Morais we should have scored significantly more goals. Even with the various replacements the opposition net should have bulged on 20+ more occasions than it has.

Yes, we should defend better than we do. But we should be scoring far more goals at the other end.

What contructively and realistically would you like to see PD change from what he's doing now ?

Play round pegs in round holes.

If we need a winger, then sign a winger. Not a speedy central striker (Parker)! Funds permitting I guess.

I don't get the repetition of this argument. We're equally :censored: up front and Dickov's a striker; why is same not being said about him, if we're going to take that line with Taggart?

i do agree with you but what gets on my nerves about it is, he looks like he just doesnt give a :censored:

when they first arrived Taggert seemed involved on the touchline all the way up to his big fight and his ban

upon his return his attitude changed- maybe he has been warned about his conduct but its one extreme to another, he barley speaks to Dickov and he very very rarley relays any instructions to HIS defence

he sits how as i said and orders coffee,with his legs out stretched - can you name another assistnat or coach in the league who acts like he does

i do agree with you but what gets on my nerves about it is, he looks like he just doesnt give a :censored:

when they first arrived Taggert seemed involved on the touchline all the way up to his big fight and his ban

upon his return his attitude changed- maybe he has been warned about his conduct but its one extreme to another, he barley speaks to Dickov and he very very rarley relays any instructions to HIS defence

he sits how as i said and orders coffee,with his legs out stretched - can you name another assistnat or coach in the league who acts like he does

I've actually seen him texting whilst the game has been on this season!