Park The Bus?

On the evidence of the two games I've seen recently we won't score on Saturday if we start now.

Do we acknowledge reality and just line ten men up on the six yard line?

I think we've demonstrated over the course of the season that we are completely incapable of sitting on a lead (or draw, in this case) so, no, I would suggest we go at Wycombe and hope they're crap enough that even we can score. Their drubbing by Chesterfield suggests there are goals to be had.

I thought we were very attack minded against the wendies and that got us nowhere. Lee and Diallo were getting forward often leaving us exposed at the back. Neither of them contributed anything going forward mind. A Set up similar to that of hudders and charlton away may not be a bad shout.

Edited by welshgaz

I thought we were very attack minded against the wendies and that got us nowhere. Lee and Diallo were getting forward often leaving us exposed at the back. Neither of them contributed anything going forward mind. A Set up similar to that of hudders and charlton away may not be a bad shout.

This has got me thinking - which was our best away performance this season?

for me it has to be Leyton Orient (of the games I was at)- we were down at half time but never out of it - great second half performance with Kuqi, Reid and Smith scoring - if only...

This has got me thinking - which was our best away performance this season?

for me it has to be Leyton Orient (of the games I was at)- we were down at half time but never out of it - great second half performance with Kuqi, Reid and Smith scoring - if only...

We were pretty good at Preston - great atmosphere too.

I don't think we have the personnel available to comfortably set out for a draw.Away to the likes of Hudds,Charlton I can understand a more negative approach but as mentioned there's goals to be had against Wycombe and so I think we should have a go at them.

Our defence isn't reliable enough to keep a clean sheet and their defence is the worst in the league. As awful as we've been in front of goal recently we have to go there and try to outscore them.

Not sure what we should do with the defence and midfield but I'd play Simpson just behind a front two and try to win the game through the centre of the pitch.

Basically just go for it win or bust (lets be positive, if we have the ball in there end there can not score!!) - run until we drop and hope we get a bit of luck - but should never have got into such a postion to have this conversation in the first place should have been Ok ages ago.

Not a religious person but if praying to god for the right result works then I'm in :laught30:

I'm going for: player takes shot at Wycombe's goal- hits post, bar, post, post and rebounds off keepers back and stops a gnats nacker short of going over the line...

Didn't this happen to Paul Heffernan down there a couple of seasons back, without actually going in?