Kuqi future uncertain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he trying to get more money?

I doubt it. The contractual option will state what wage is due and is probably the best deal he can get.

More likely he's considering his "extra yard of pace" and whether or not in can give him another season.

He's contractually committed to us if we want him. He may be considering retirement and if that's what he wants he needs to persuade Dickov not to exercise the option.

I doubt the pathetic reception he was greeted with upon his substitution didn't help. Make no mistake about it fellow Latics fans it was pathetic and every boo is to.

The lad tries his bollocks off and that's what as got him by all his career and not his Messi like ball control. Thanks for the goals and sorry you'll be yet another footballer that looks back on his Latics stint with disdain. Word of mouth is a far greater advert and we reep what we sow

Edited by Lags

Why are people moaning about his comment of only enjoying 30/40% of the season, I'd be more worried if he had. His legs are gone he's a perfectionist so won't be happy with his form, a baby on the way, he is mid-thirties and perhaps not confident as much as he was when he joined. Like many in this squad I wouldn't be too gutted if he goes, in fact the only player I would be gutted about is Furman and he's staying.

plus he signs more signatures and poses for nore photo's than all the rest. Not football on the pitch granted but worth mentioning for a pat on the back. Yes his form has been poor and I will be the first to say it. Dickov should have rested him and perhaps all this flak could ahve been avoided with refreshed legs.

Edited by Lags

16 goals is hard to argue with, but I do feel his style of play over the last few months has been the major contributor to our overall lack of goals. He consistently comes deep for the ball and is not quick enough to make up the ground forward should one of the wingers or midfielders find a bit of space.. Additionally, his lack of pace means that when we are getting pressed - we revert to long ball. I think if he's to stay, he will need someone quick along side him. He can be very, very good in the penalty area. So let someone else do all the dog work and just stick him in there.

Edited by Microcuts

16 goals is hard to argue with, but I do feel his style of play over the last few months has been the major contributor to our overall lack of goals. He consistently comes deep for the ball and is not quick enough to make up the ground forward should one of the wingers or midfielders find a bit of space.. Additionally, his lack of pace means that when we are getting pressed - we revert to long ball. I think if he's to stay, he will need someone quick along side him. He can be very, very good in the penalty area. So let someone else do all the dog work and just stick him in there.

Can he? I've forgotten.

I disagree with your views, don't like the way you've expressed them but , and this is the real response, object to your signature. Why put that? Sorry, I may be old fashioned but I find it offensive.

There's an ignore signatures function on the forum now.

Its great - means I don't have to read the nonsense people often put in them.

When the goals dried up, the effort remained. For some reason, defending from the front, tracking back and clearing opposition corners isn't valued. If everyone had put his effort in and not hidden when things had started to go wrong, we'd have accrued a few more points I'm sure.

Even my 5yo lad can see the work he puts in which, on top of his goals is the reason he gave me when deciding to give him his player of the year vote. If I was young enough to vote in the Boundary Blues poll, I may have given it to someone else but I certainly couldn't argue with his reasoning.

When the goals dried up, the effort remained. For some reason, defending from the front, tracking back and clearing opposition corners isn't valued. If everyone had put his effort in and not hidden when things had started to go wrong, we'd have accrued a few more points I'm sure.

Even my 5yo lad can see the work he puts in which, on top of his goals is the reason he gave me when deciding to give him his player of the year vote. If I was young enough to vote in the Boundary Blues poll, I may have given it to someone else but I certainly couldn't argue with his reasoning.

His workrate and commitment isn't in doubt. The problem is that he's paid to score goals. If we were banging them in from other sources, then there'd be few complaints.

His workrate and commitment isn't in doubt. The problem is that he's paid to score goals. If we were banging them in from other sources, then there'd be few complaints.

I won't hide from the glaring misses.

But nobody else playing up front has been prolific either.

Last season. This season. Apart from Kuqi's golden spell the players behind the striker haven't exactly been creating enough.

we'd be down without his goals, and he's won us a lot of points. but he's also guilty of dropping a few.. and could have seen us to wembley if he'd put away the penalty and a few other chances he had. i bet if we got there he'd have enjoyed the season a few percent more!

what's his excuse for not passing to Comoros aswell on LP?

Edited by oafc-latics

he's just a 16 goal Paul Warne.

Kuqi out.

we'd be down without his goals, and he's won us a lot of points. but he's also guilty of dropping a few.. and could have seen us to wembley if he'd put away the penalty and a few other chances he had. i bet if we got there he'd have enjoyed the season a few percent more!

what's his excuse for not passing to Comoros aswell on LP?

The very same that all who cared to really see what happened. He saw the pass and when about to play it :censored:ed it up.

I really hope (which I doubt mind) he bags 2 goals in each of the last two games. Then we'll have had our 20 goal a season striker everyone wanted. No one denies his goal scoring as dropped off since November, but does this not coincide with THE WHOLE TEAM'S POOR FORM?

The lad is unhappy too you know. Odd that!

Edited by Lags

However, apparently he's on £2,500 a week and Allegedly since the playershare pot ran dry in January his wages are supposedly being met by Corney out of his own pocket. In the current environment £130k a year + bonuses will get you a decent league one striker...

That one statement shows why so many turned back on football on its own. Its a short career etc etc etc but like many other jobs you gravitate into alternative employment. £130k is just barmy compared to a family in Oldham.

Spoke to a man who knows a man etc ... I have it on good authority that he is on less than half of said amount.

I really hope (which I doubt mind) he bags 2 goals in each of the last two games. Then we'll have had our 20 goal a season striker everyone wanted. No one denies his goal scoring as dropped off since November, but does this not coincide with THE WHOLE TEAM'S POOR FORM?

The lad is unhappy too you know. Odd that!

haha I was gonna post this, would be funny to see everyone saying get rid of a 20 goal a seasons striker, when that is basically what everyone always asks for. For me Kuqi wouldnt be getting half the :censored: if one of the other forwards took on the responsibility of getting some goals.

The very same that all who cared to really see what happened. He saw the pass and when about to play it :censored:ed it up.

Really? We still doing this?

"For anyone who cared to see what happened" the pass was on a good 10 seconds before he diecided to go for glory himself; panicked when he realised he'd made the shocking decision and then fecked up when he tried to make a pass that wasn't on by then.

'Everyone who cared' - including Dickov, Taggart (+ Westley & his assisitant!) could see that the pass wasn't taken on when it should have, he was balled out for it by Dickov (the first time this season I have heard that happen) and was then subbed not not after. Dickov knew, Taggart knew, I knew, Those around me knew, heck even Kuqi knew........but obviously we all dont care to see what happened eh?

That 1 incident summed up what he's been all about since November. As I keep saying, Thanks for the 16; they have been very important. But - his body is shot, his head has gone and he will be a big drain on the wages and more of a hinderance than a help next season. For his wage, we could get 1 or even 2 more than able replacements from the free transfer pool; who are younger, fitter and less of a prick on the pitch.

Thanks Shefki for your effort this season, good luck in your retirement.