Cisak staying?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how Cisak will have caught much attention this season. He's been good, but his form dropped with the rest of the side post-Christmas.

He wouldn't command a fee at present big enough to force the issue.

Sincerely hope your right! Best keeper at latics for a long long time!

Sincerely hope your right! Best keeper at latics for a long long time!

I agree but who can we compare him to? I'd say the best keeper we've had in, say, the last decade is Lee Grant (for me). Then we have Pogs.

Cisak is good, with further promise, but he's as prone to costly mistakes as any other player we have. I definitely want him around next season. I'm surprised at Bouzanis who has probably given PD summat to ponder over the summer months - which is obviously a very good thing.

extend his contract , so he doesnt leave the club at the end of next season and we get pittence in compo

It's easy to say.

But if you felt signing a longer contract would defer a big pay rise that you could get from changing employer would you sign it?

I agree but who can we compare him to? I'd say the best keeper we've had in, say, the last decade is Lee Grant (for me). Then we have Pogs.

Cisak is good, with further promise, but he's as prone to costly mistakes as any other player we have. I definitely want him around next

season. I'm surprised at Bouzanis who has probably given PD summat to ponder over the summer months - which is obviously a very good thing.

Agree pogs was a good keeper, but I think he had much better defenders in front of him than Cisak has.

As for grant, my mate who's a burnley fan says he has definately gotta go this summer. In his words "worst keeper we've had for years"

Agree pogs was a good keeper, but I think he had much better defenders in front of him than Cisak has.

As for grant, my mate who's a burnley fan says he has definately gotta go this summer. In his words "worst keeper we've had for years"

I've got a Burnley supporting mate who says exactly the same thing. He thinks I'm having him on when I tell him how good he was for us

Pogs was a confidence player, and as was said, had much better defenders in front of him.

In terms of pure talent, the best keeper we have had here in terms of talent for me was a toss up between Lee Grant and Mike Pollit, although very special kudos must go to Gary Kelly, whom almost single handedly kept us in this division in 1998/1999.

I we can manage it, Cisak as the #1 with Bouzanis as back-up looks pretty decent to me.

Bouzy has shown that, should Cisak get injured or suspended, we actually have a decent back-up ready & waiting.

Lets be honest, a six figure bid will see Cisak sold, as we can then go with Bouzanis; and let face facts - he's a better 'Keeper than some of the dross we've had. Its whether Cisak will attract bids over free transfer keepers, im not sure he will.

If we sell Alex Cisak which could be the case with Championship clubs looking at him, would we be interested in getting Josh Lillis. He has seen out his contract at Scunthorpe and he is only 24 for a keeper

If we sell Alex Cisak which could be the case with Championship clubs looking at him, would we be interested in getting Josh Lillis. He has seen out his contract at Scunthorpe and he is only 24 for a keeper

What's 24 in 'keeper years, when converted to his real age?