• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

But lets try and guess.

We've exceeedd the salary cap?

They have withdrawn grants for the stadium

They have fined us for not having the balls pumped up enough?

Declared Kieran Lee has another year to run on his contract and his move away is annulled?

My guess is something to do with the New Football League show contract

Edited by singe

Keiron Lee signed for Sheff Wed

SC slags off agents

No news on the other out-of-contract players signing - talks still ongoing with Simpson and Wes.

CT will most likely be off as expected but no club lined up at the moment.

Is wearing a jumper today with a white shirt. Clearly the first thing the staff do when SC rocks up is turn the heating off.

We're looking for bargains but is fairly relaxed that they'll be available around the end of July

Will be some changes at boardroom level - to be announced in a few weeks

Pre-season camp to Portugal being planned

We have to pay £100K to a Football League pension scheme accrued from players & staff 20 years ago. He's not happy about it. Wipes out a quarter of the season ticket money.

Summary:

• Kieron Lee has signed for Wednesday - they're paying him far more than Latics can. Agent told him not to re-sign for Latics.
  • Chris Taylor almost certainly off but doesn't think he's got himself sorted yet. No word from the others out of contract yet.
  • Dickov talking to players.
  • Dickov has a list of 40 players he's interested in.
  • Thinks loads of players will be available; seems keen to wait until players get desperate towards the start of the new season.
  • There will be changes at boardroom level - to be announced in next few weeks.
  • Pre-season camp in Portugal for week in July - Dickov has twisted his arm to budget for it.
  • Season tickets: are up by 30% but mainly because of the kids tickets but down in money terms by about £130k. Whinges a bit about Wendies and one of Hudds and Sheff Utd going up and TV money loss.
  • Letter from FL saying we have to pay £100k into a pension fund from years ago for players, management, staff, directors. Come from nowhere and eats a quarter of the ST sales. The figure may yet double.
  • Hopes to announce something on stadium plans in a couple of months.

Letter from FL saying we have to pay £100k into a pension fund from years ago for players, management, staff, directors. Come from nowhere and eats a quarter of the ST sales. The figure may yet double. WHY? If the club been through mire as it did. Utter bollocks might make a few fold?

I was under the impression that the charge was just being made to us rather than across the FL but I do find it odd that OAFC (2004) would have to pay for something accrued 20 years ago, though I have no real knowledge on these things (This despite working for a company that deals in business administrations day in day out. Ask me to program something though - I'm aces at that.)

Edited by Twisbrogan

well on the board room side i got told 2 people are interested coming in duno who and my source told me this last week so its very interesting

Do either of them have ££££££? Or is it another face who aspires to be a Football Manager cum

trainer?

So the club needs to find £100k? Surely they can pay it over 5 years.....I bet AH tipped off the League now he wants his pension.

The other thing is, I can't imagine they'll just pay it without seeking legal advice and contesting it.

Do either of them have ££££££? Or is it another face who aspires to be a Football Manager cum

trainer?

only thing i didn't get told and forgot to ask pfffff also said new stand to be built with hotel it's just going to be one of them sit and wait see if it all comes true, he told me changes on the board in a few weeks and that was last week and then corney says that so hmmmmmmm, we shall see eh hope there mega rich

So the club needs to find £100k? Surely they can pay it over 5 years.....I bet AH tipped off the League now he wants his pension.

Nah, Alan obviously took a few sheets of Football League headed paper before he hung up his scythe. Bank details at the ready.

"Dear Simon..."

"Dear Simon..."

I am a former Football club administrator, my departure was hasty and was unable to get my affairs in order. This meant my secret slush fund of several million pounds has been frozen. I am contesting this but need to raise a significant sum of around £100,000, If you can see fit to forward your bank details I will of course reimburse you your initial fee and it goes without saying a generous commission will be forthcoming.

I have sent you this letter as I know the rest of the board haven't a pot to piss in.

Yours Sincerely

Darth Alan 'Taribo Kanu' Hardy

The Death Star

In a Galaxy Far Far Far away

ps Please do not send Euros, I want to spend the :censored:er…..

I'm led to believe the £100k owed is to be made up over the next SIX years in MONTHLY instalments. So how does that screw us out of £100k in ST money? About £17k a year...

More sensationalist bollocks?

Edited by oafcprozac

94 FL, Prem and Former FL teams

Article in the Daily Hatemail here

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1vVePe1YG

A total of 94 clubs are being required to help rescue the game's leading pension fund from a deficit of about £13 million, with Liverpool being handed by far the biggest bill.

The Anfield club must pay off just over £3million over the next six years - almost one quarter of the total - to help solve the massive shortfall in the Football League Pension and Life Assurance Scheme.

This was set up in 1977 to provide for managers, coaches and - overwhelmingly - office staff in their retirement, but investment downturns and sharp wage rises have meant that a rescue package is now needed.

The trustees have therefore worked out a formula of how much each club owes, in accordance with how many of their employees have been in the final salary scheme and for how long.

Letters detailing the individual amounts involved are being sent out this week and 94 teams are affected, including several non-League outfits such as Scarborough, Maidstone, Aldershot and Hereford.

At least they do not have to pay anything like the same amount as Liverpool, with Rochdale having the smallest contribution of a few hundred pounds to make.

But Oldham still have to pay more than Leeds and Chelsea, while Oxford and Wimbledon both face bills of more than £150,000 spread out in monthly payments over six years.

The clubs behind Liverpool are Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham, whose manager Harry Redknapp is understood to be one of those individuals whose pension needs to be protected.

The problem was initially highlighted more than a year ago, so that clubs have had some time to make plans, but the amounts involved are larger than was first thought.

Only a handful of Football League clubs have not played some part in the scheme during its lifespan.

Edited by oafcprozac

snapback.pngStevie_J, on 21 May 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

"Dear Simon..."

I am a former Football club administrator, my departure was hasty and was unable to get my affairs in order. This meant my secret slush fund of several million pounds has been frozen. I am contesting this but need to raise a significant sum of around £100,000, If you can see fit to forward your bank details I will of course reimburse you your initial fee and it goes without saying a generous commission will be forthcoming.

I have sent you this letter as I know the rest of the board haven't a pot to piss in.

Yours Sincerely

Darth Alan 'Taribo Kanu' Hardy

The Death Star

In a Galaxy Far Far Far away

ps Please do not send Euros, I want to spend the :censored:er…..

^^^^^^^^^^^

Best post of the post-season so far. Bravo!

KC

Edited by kirinclassic

From the Telegraph April 2001.....

FOOTBALL plcs, already facing hefty bills to cope with rising player wages, will have to dip further into their stretched resources to fill a £13.5m hole in the industry pension fund.

The Football League Pension and Life Assurance Scheme was set up in 1977 and looks after the retirement money of hundreds of club employees, including some high-profile managers and coaches.

Ian Stott, chairman of the fund's trustees, declined to discuss yesterday why the fund is facing a shortfall, directing questions to the clubs themselves.

"Yes, there is a deficit which we are obliged by law to reclaim from employers. We are trying to do it as fairly as possible and we are looking at how the situation happened," he said.

The fund is a final salary scheme which was supposed to be an improvement on the earlier football pension plan. A likely explanation for the deficit is that, as pay at football clubs has risen, much greater investment is needed to pay pensions based on final salaries.

All clubs have received a letter signed by Mr Stott asking them to rescue the fund. Liverpool is understood to be among the worst hit, with a bill of £3m.

The League Managers' Association did not return calls, but one source said: "There is a lot of flak flying around. People are going to be unhappy at being asked to pay money. In the lower echelons of football, it is not going to go down well."

Most players make their own pension arrangements via agents and financial advisers rather than through clubs. Leading football teams including Manchester United, Newcastle United, Sunderland and Tottenham Hotspur have floated in search of finance. With the exception of Manchester United, the shares have not performed well.

Hardly news then..... ??????

Another blunder by the past and present administration, amaturish surely someone should have raised this.

Seems to me its been swept under the carpet.

Edited by Lukers1

From the Telegraph April 2001.....

FOOTBALL plcs, already facing hefty bills to cope with rising player wages, will have to dip further into their stretched resources to fill a £13.5m hole in the industry pension fund.

The Football League Pension and Life Assurance Scheme was set up in 1977 and looks after the retirement money of hundreds of club employees, including some high-profile managers and coaches.

Ian Stott, chairman of the fund's trustees, declined to discuss yesterday why the fund is facing a shortfall, directing questions to the clubs themselves.

"Yes, there is a deficit which we are obliged by law to reclaim from employers. We are trying to do it as fairly as possible and we are looking at how the situation happened," he said.

The fund is a final salary scheme which was supposed to be an improvement on the earlier football pension plan. A likely explanation for the deficit is that, as pay at football clubs has risen, much greater investment is needed to pay pensions based on final salaries.

All clubs have received a letter signed by Mr Stott asking them to rescue the fund. Liverpool is understood to be among the worst hit, with a bill of £3m.

The League Managers' Association did not return calls, but one source said: "There is a lot of flak flying around. People are going to be unhappy at being asked to pay money. In the lower echelons of football, it is not going to go down well."

Most players make their own pension arrangements via agents and financial advisers rather than through clubs. Leading football teams including Manchester United, Newcastle United, Sunderland and Tottenham Hotspur have floated in search of finance. With the exception of Manchester United, the shares have not performed well.

Hardly news then..... ??????

Ian Stott? The Ian Stott? Hardly news that a final salary pension scheme is in deficit, there are very few left even the public sector is trying to move away from them.

Video now on youtube:

Corney states (around 5:30 in the video) that the £100k is an annual payment.

Oldham Athletic have to make a contribution of over £100,000 a year to a pension deficit scheme...

I hope that's a slip of the tongue.

Also why is the new company liable for something to do with the old company?

Edited by bossrocks

So new mention of the new stand? No mention of the initial 300k grant from the council to begin plan, design and consultation?

He said they do have some news, can't announce it yet and to expect an announcement in 6-8 weeks.