LP Corney shock news?

Corney states (around 5:30 in the video) that the £100k is an annual payment.

I hope that's a slip of the tongue.

Also why is the new company liable for something to do with the old company?

They will have taken on many of the former companies liabilities as part of the CVA this being one of them. We are taking a big hit financially next year with sheff weds Rochdale and chesterfield going plus one of hudds or sheff united aswell not only do we lose the gate reciepts, but they are being replaced by teams from a greater distance such as Portsmouth, Crawley, and Swindon which will increase the overheads interms of travel costs. When you add onto this no guarantee of a cup run a big loss in tv money and the total difference being around 6-700k which is what 20-25% of our revennue? I think alot of businesses would feel a hit as big as that. I know the company I work for would be looking at making some tough choices given that kind of scenario and ours is a profitable company, so one thats already losing money is going to really struggle.

But signs seem to be that we are making progress on the stadium and potentially new people on the board lets hope some progress is made here and we can go into the new season with some renewed optimism.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For exactly the same reason the new entity was entitled to benefit from the Fitz sell-on clause and will benefit if Micah Richards ever leaves City.

PLAYER VIDEO:CHAIRMAN SIMON CORNEY TALKS TO PLAYER ABOUT SHOCK NEWS AFFECTING LATICS' FROM THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Anyone watched it spill the beans?

It's been put on free to view -link on website

sorry didnt see above post with video

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

TUPE regulations, essentially what the old company was liable for (ie wages, bonuses, contracts and pensions) the new company is liable for. It prevents a company from being able to unfairly dismiss employees by merely changing the name.

That's a very simple version.

You all seem pissed off about your season ticket money (and future season ticket money in all likelihood) going towards Joe Royles and Alan Hardys unsustainable final salary pension scheme.

Do you feel the same about your taxes (and probably your childrens & grandchildrens) propping up OMBC's scheme etc...?

Madness.

Plymouth recently applied to go into the Pension Protection Fund and were (I think) rejected.

It is madness but as mentioned paying for the past theoretically Latics are helping pay Harry Redknapps pension and the likes of Warnock. .... to see Stott involved from way back makes you want to vomit. I thought the date wrong on the article I read then checked wording almost same 11 years on..... Shambolic. The sad thing in Oldham is people who are working now on far worse terms are paying for early retirements and golden handshakes. Criminal in spirit if not in law.

Oldham_Civic_Centre.jpg

Cut to 40 years down the line when someone leaving school and getting a job in a shop, factory, office etc is working to pay the pension for their schoolmate who got a job for the Government.

As per video HE signed us up to a scheme that made sure HE was ok....and to be paying past directors and managers out of todays income.?????

The dig at Cllr McMahon fairly clear.

I think it's the Football League Pension scheme and all were signed up to it

Edited by HarryBosch

Surely a trip to Portugal isn't going to cheap, how can we afford this??

It might just be me, but I think mixed messages are coming out here.

No problem with the trip per se, but last week PD was saying he was going to get pople to sign straight away or they are out. Which is fair enough as he did not want to spend all summer in negs.

Now this says that he thinks players will reduce their demands nearer the season start. Which is logically true and the more cost effective argument. There are rarely decent players signed up in June anyway.

So what is the point of a July trip to team build half a team.

Surely the bulk of the team will not have signed in time for the trip?

Edited by singe

So when times were good the parasites running the club looked after themselves and will be screwing it for years to come? Never put a bean in but reaped the rewards every step of the way.

Feckin right on Prozac, they are were a bunch of failed feckin businessmen without a feckin pot to piss in.

Some ex directors seemed to have gotten to pissin rich for a doing :censored: all.

It might just be me, but I think mixed messages are coming out here.

No problem with the trip per s, but last week PD was saying he was going to get pople to sign straight away or they are out. Which is fair enough as he did not want to spend all summer in negs.

Now this says thay he thinkd players will reduce their demands nearer the season start. Which is logically true and the more cost effective argument. There are rarely decent players signed up in June.

So what is the point of a Juky trip to team build half a team.

surely the bulk of the team will not hqave signed in time for the trip?

I was hoping we'd assemble the majority of our squad early this time, to work on team shape and tactics etc and hopefully hit the ground running when the season starts.

It's one thing to gamble on waiting until late july to attract desperate players without a club ( admittedly it COULD pay off ) but........surely the better ones will have been snapped up by then ?

The sooner these contract offers are accepted or rejected the better imo.........then we can get on with assembling a reasonable squad of players.

As per video HE signed us up to a scheme that made sure HE was ok....and to be paying past directors and managers out of todays income.?????

The dig at Cllr McMahon fairly clear.

Also agreeing to the formation of the premier league and the shortsightedness of the difficulties we'd encounter when we returned to our rightful level... All in all, decisions were made when we were riding the crest of a wave that have bitten us on our arse.

We can't really complain about the gulf from the PL to us now, we were part of it.

What happens if the club genuinely goes to the wall and can't pay the contribution? Presumably Stott et al still collect their pensions.

Given that the 3 amigos are plugging the gap year after year, they're effectively personally paying for this - it'd be enough to make me bail, more so than any of the stadium fiascos.

Edited by bossrocks

I was hoping we'd assemble the majority of our squad early this time, to work on team shape and tactics etc and hopefully hit the ground running when the season starts.

It's one thing to gamble on waiting until late july to attract desperate players without a club ( admittedly it COULD pay off ) but........surely the better ones will have been snapped up by then ?

The sooner these contract offers are accepted or rejected the better imo.........then we can get on with assembling a reasonable squad of players.

But we might sign someone as good as Andy Lidds the day before it closes...

I'm led to believe the £100k owed is to be made up over the next SIX years in MONTHLY instalments. So how does that screw us out of £100k in ST money? About £17k a year...

More sensationalist bollocks?

He also said that this money could double in the near future.

But we might sign someone as good as Andy Lidds the day before it closes...

Regardless of what Dickov said a couple of weeks ago, players will still hang fire to try and get the best deal they can. The only players who will commit early is the average Joe who we usually get....the better players will still be looking for the best deal they can and will hang fire till they get it!!!

We have a three sided shed of a ground, we have been pretty close to relegation for the last few seasons and we pay crap wages.....not the type of recipe that will attract the better players is it?

I think we're going to end up with practically a new team of journeymen and loanees as per usual and the bonding trip to Portugal probably reflects that, the decent player willing to run through brick walls isn't going to happen!