LP Corney shock news?

Regardless of what Dickov said a couple of weeks ago, players will still hang fire to try and get the best deal they can. The only players who will commit early is the average Joe who we usually get....the better players will still be looking for the best deal they can and will hang fire till they get it!!!

We have a three sided shed of a ground, we have been pretty close to relegation for the last few seasons and we pay crap wages.....not the type of recipe that will attract the better players is it?

I think we're going to end up with practically a new team of journeymen and loanees as per usual and the bonding trip to Portugal probably reflects that, the decent player willing to run through brick walls isn't going to happen!

It is definately true about average players signing up early, in recent years anyway.

Of course, it might not be true this year, given the numbers of players whohave been released

No great shakes so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with this pension payment scheme set up over 20 years ago? sorry if this has been mentioned or if its a stupid question but....

as Oldham Athletic died and then was born again as Oldham Athletic 2004 then why didnt all debts and schemes signed up to before that date die with it???

Hallam, the brewery person was Harry Wilde. He was the secretary of the club when Lees's owned the club. Dave Ogden or Boundaryblue80 are possibly the ones who will know about Stop The Rot.

Stotty was the owner of a few (by his own account) failed businesses, chairman the chief executive on from what I can remember was £50.000 a year.

It was under his stewardship that allegedly £700,000 went down the plughole which was invested in a local building company at "an attractive rate of interest".

Said building company duly went bust.

It was also Stotty that had the extension put onto the front of the main stand.

He was chairman through the "pinch me" years.

with this pension payment scheme set up over 20 years ago? sorry if this has been mentioned or if its a stupid question but....

as Oldham Athletic died and then was born again as Oldham Athletic 2004 then why didnt all debts and schemes signed up to before that date die with it???

That would also include the Micah Richards potential sell on windfall wouldn't it!

Why are SC's statements classed as whinges by some of the biggest whingers on here...

I take it that's aimed, inter alia perhaps, at me. If you think I'm a big whinge, fair enough, but Corney is one the biggest whingebags I've ever come across.

Hallam, the brewery person was Harry Wilde. He was the secretary of the club when Lees's owned the club. Dave Ogden or Boundaryblue80 are possibly the ones who will know about Stop The Rot.

Stotty was the owner of a few (by his own account) failed businesses, chairman the chief executive on from what I can remember was £50.000 a year.

It was under his stewardship that allegedly £700,000 went down the plughole which was invested in a local building company at "an attractive rate of interest".

From what I've heard a few 'extensions' were built during those years….some of the stories would make you weep…..

Is it £100,000 a year or a one off. Chron reporting it as £100,000 a year, for 7 years. Corney says £100,000 then a quarter of season ticket revenue. What is correct?

Pretty sure the Chron have got that wrong. If was a total of £700k Corney would have made that absolutely clear!

94 FL, Prem and Former FL teams

Article in the Daily Hatemail here

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1vVePe1YG

A total of 94 clubs are being required to help rescue the game's leading pension fund from a deficit of about £13 million, with Liverpool being handed by far the biggest bill.

The Anfield club must pay off just over £3million over the next six years - almost one quarter of the total - to help solve the massive shortfall in the Football League Pension and Life Assurance Scheme.

This was set up in 1977 to provide for managers, coaches and - overwhelmingly - office staff in their retirement, but investment downturns and sharp wage rises have meant that a rescue package is now needed.

The trustees have therefore worked out a formula of how much each club owes, in accordance with how many of their employees have been in the final salary scheme and for how long.

Letters detailing the individual amounts involved are being sent out this week and 94 teams are affected, including several non-League outfits such as Scarborough, Maidstone, Aldershot and Hereford.

At least they do not have to pay anything like the same amount as Liverpool, with Rochdale having the smallest contribution of a few hundred pounds to make.

But Oldham still have to pay more than Leeds and Chelsea, while Oxford and Wimbledon both face bills of more than £150,000 spread out in monthly payments over six years.

The clubs behind Liverpool are Manchester United, Arsenal and West Ham, whose manager Harry Redknapp is understood to be one of those individuals whose pension needs to be protected.

The problem was initially highlighted more than a year ago, so that clubs have had some time to make plans, but the amounts involved are larger than was first thought.

Only a handful of Football League clubs have not played some part in the scheme during its lifespan.

How old is this article; it says Harry Redknapp is West Ham manager?

So Mr Hardie and Co are all lapping it up. They stripped the club of money in the glory years and continue to take it once they have retired... they have kept very quiet about that. Quite frankly it stinks.

You cant say that about our old chief exec on here, some posters worship the ground he walks on.

One poster called him Mr Oldham Athletic, he was in IMO one of the biggest problems.

So Mr Hardie and Co are all lapping it up. They stripped the club of money in the glory years and continue to take it once they have retired... they have kept very quiet about that. Quite frankly it stinks.

And like a bad smell..................

I'm assuiming you mean Mr Hardy, or was your spelling mistake so that you couldn't be held to account shold somebody take exception to the allegations you make?

Lets just remember that Alan worked for the current club in it's current guise for the thick end of 10 years, and has only just retired (very reluctanctly) due to ill heatlh. I'd say if any of the previous administration deserved to have their pension rights protected it would be him.

But lets not let that stop us from having a pop at anybody who the masses deem to be 'fair game' for the day eh?

This scheme started in 1977 and ended in 1999, we have been paying it every year since and it's reassesed every three years.

We paid £8,400 per month in 2001 - £2,300 in 2006 - £3,600 for the last three years and set at around £7,600 for the next seven years.

This scheme started in 1977 and ended in 1999, we have been paying it every year since and it's reassesed every three years.

We paid £8,400 per month in 2001 - £2,300 in 2006 - £3,600 for the last three years and set at around £7,600 for the next seven years.

Where are these figures from?

I wasn't involved in Stop The Rot. Some people on here seem to be implying that Stott should have voted against the premier leagure formation which would have meant electing to be relegated. Not really an option was it?