The Pension Scheme

Simon Corney has said that this pension scheme is very worrying! I for one am worried as will some of you. I dont have the time, but does anyone know have knowledge of any other clubs message boards who are concerned. Maybe it is worth an E -Petition (through solving it through parliament) or a direct letter expressing concern from other clubs.

Recap:

*Reduction in season ticket revenu

*£250,000 loss in TV monies

*Big gate losses (Sheff weds, Rochdale, huddersfield potentially)

*This 100k pensions scheme which could increase taking a third of our season ticket sales.

=BIG CONCERN

I'd be very interested to know if the Ian Stott so involved in the administration of the scheme is the same Ian "Manchester North End" Stott we all knew and loved and marvelled at the monstrous eyebrows of. I would also be interested to know whether he is one of the beneficiaries under the scheme. As a company director, Stott would have owed a fiduciary duty to the club and if he signed the club up to a scheme to benefit himself, not to mention potentially being involved in looking after the interests of the party(ies) administering the scheme, he would have had a clear conflict of interest, and would have been in breach of that duty. I obviously know nothing of the ins and outs of how the club and its staff got into the scheme in the first place, nor do I know a great deal about the implications with respect to something like a pension scheme but, if I were part of the present club staff, I would be having it looked at by someone who does.