Has apparently joined Martin Gray's back room staff at Darlo as a defensive coach. Thought he'd be able to start higher than that but i doubt it will take them long to rise through the leagues a bit.

Thought he'd be able to start higher than that but i doubt it will take them long to rise through the leagues a bit.

Bearing in mind where his playing career has gone since he left BP, it shouldn't come as a surprise that a club at Darlo's level would be where he started his coaching career.

And on what basis do you think a meteoric rise is on the cards for Darlington, he is only a coach after all....a newbie with no coaching pedigree?

Bearing in mind where his playing career has gone since he left BP, it shouldn't come as a surprise that a club at Darlo's level would be where he started his coaching career.

And on what basis do you think a meteoric rise is on the cards for Darlington, he is only a coach after all....a newbie with no coaching pedigree?

Completely agree about the after us bit... Had he finished his playing days in our back 4 I reckon he'd have been nailed on for the Villa job.

A lot of clubs with a decent fanbase come back through the lower leagues after doing a Darlo. AFC Wimbledon, Chester, Halifax, Newport spring to mind

Has apparently joined Martin Gray's back room staff at Darlo as a defensive coach. Thought he'd be able to start higher than that but i doubt it will take them long to rise through the leagues a bit.

Darlington have been demoted today to the Northern League, which is the 9th tier of the Footbal League system.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9729777.Quakers_will_appeal_against_FA_demotion/

would prefer him to be our defensive coach over taggert any day....really don't see what taggert brings

Now this I do agree with!!!

Could imagine him teaching Big Jean...."Right BJ....never mind all this fancy foreign muck......your new diet is as follows: breakfast - a pie; dinner - pie and chips; tea - 2 pies with chips and a couple of pints.........forget running around......just make it difficult for them forwards to get round you"

I don't mean due to his coaching there, i meant that clubs of that stature tend to rise back up fairly swiftly. They tend to get stuck in the evo stick premier league which will be a nice derby game for my second team (whitby) but i think they'l be in blue square north within 6 or 7 seasons

I don't mean due to his coaching there, i meant that clubs of that stature tend to rise back up fairly swiftly. They tend to get stuck in the evo stick premier league which will be a nice derby game for my second team (whitby) but i think they'l be in blue square north within 6 or 7 seasons

I too have a soft spot for whitby, go for a break there every year or more.

I too have a soft spot for whitby, go for a break there every year or more.

Great club with a great community of fans. I think i actually went to more Whitby (mainly away) games than Latics games this season. Not by design though, just through circumstance and finances