The Damned United

Clough's house in the film - is a house in Delph behind the cricket club. The shots are done from Huddersfield Road.

Yeah, I work at the cricket club, they paid us quite well for use of the car park for their vans and stuff. It's a very fleeting shot isn't it?

Brassed Off also used the club when filming in Delph village and also it was used for a bank advert fairly recently.

Slightly related, I have met Tom Hooper, the director of the Damned United.

I was walking outside one of our buildings, and I asked a slightly suspicious looking chap if I could help him.

Turned out he was the location manager for Pinewood Shepperton.

Cutting a long story short they were looking for a location for a film, and one feature was a lift. So he looked at lift in our building, and also wanted the front for a shot.

However, we were in the middle of refurbishing, so their offer did not make it worthwhile.

So we had a bout 5 visits, one they said they had a couple of people and 15 turned up (bearing in mind we are a private medical facility everyone was getting very twitchy) including the Director ( who I did not know from Adam). He was a bit reserved and distracted, about the oppostite of Michael Winner. That is another story.

He did the classic making his fingers into a rectangle down the stairs etc. I thought that was just in films!

Turned out they used one of our other buildings and another lift. (that one is very very old and only fits two people!)

It took them a week to repsray the front and another to repaint it again.

They used my restaurant and I had to provide tea coffee etc for the cast.

tHey shut off Harley Street at two junctions and when they used the fog making machines it set all the alrams off!

It was The Kings Speech and we got an invite to a private screening at BAFTA on Piccadilly, but it was my wedding anniversary and I could not bring anyone!