Welcome to BP Tom Taiwo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From wiki: Abbott:

"Tom has been to my house twice and I've met him once at a neutral venue over the course of the last few weeks and I think this has been a tough decision for him to make... during the conversations we had he told me that his personal circumstances had changed this year, with the arrival of a baby, and he's in a situation where he doesn't want to relocate to the area full-time. In addition he doesn't want to commute and spend too much time away from his little girl so he's decided to stay where he is and try and find a club nearer to home."

It does sound like a possibility at our level.

If (huge IF [copyright Hallam!]) this is true - then feck me sideways; its a cracking signing.

Always been impressed when he's played against us. He has great pedigree; Chelsea snapped him up as a Leeds youth player for a big fee (iirc £1million plus)....and he's always featured in our recent games vs Carlisle. He's not a player who blends into the background of games; whether its a munching tackle on Hazell, getting smacked on the conk by GT or scoring a cracking header against us; i've noticed him!

Again, if this is true - it'll be interesting to see how he slots into PDs thinking. I feel he'd work best playing slightly ahead of Furman & Wes; with us going 4-5-1; but maybe PD is thinking its 4 players (putting Winchester in here) for 2 spots? Who knows.....

Guess we'll wait and see eh?

Taggart tweeted had to be in Oldham on Monday. Training starts next week doesnt it? personally if any of the non signers are still dithering I would bin them before Monday.

PS

IF .....cheers Sly ...Copyright fee? does it leave Simpson out of equation?

You don't set a deadline and then rescind the offer before that date, on the basis the offeree is dithering. That wouldn't make any sense.

Cant reveal my source deal done and dusted announced Monday 2nd along with 1 other un-named player.

So it's getting announced next week when they go back to training. If it was done and dusted why not announce it now like they did with Taylor

Cant reveal my source deal done and dusted announced Monday 2nd along with 1 other un-named player.

So it's getting announced next week when they go back to training. If it was done and dusted why not announce it now like they did with Taylor

Just wondering (and this is not a complaint, everyone loves a good transfer rumour unless it's Guy Branston!)

Did your source say "keep it to yourself and whatever you do, don't post it on OWTB"?

I just think that if you're told something like this by revealing the info on here means you're less likely to get decent gossip again...

Because contracts expire 30th June and he can only sign a pre contract with us before then. Makes sense to formally announce on the 1st (or 2nd as its a Monday) July when the ink is dry.

If we announced it this week as a precontract and then again next Monday as formalities complete there would be those on here asking why it has been announced twice

Can't win whichever way.

P.S. Watch them announce it now and then again on Monday. :wink:

Because contracts expire 30th June and he can only sign a pre contract with us before then. Makes sense to formally announce on the 1st (or 2nd as its a Monday) July when the ink is dry.

If we announced it this week as a precontract and then again next Monday as formalities complete there would be those on here asking why it has been announced twice

Can't win whichever way.

P.S. Watch them announce it now and then again on Monday. :wink:

Didn't think of it that way just thought if they announced it now like with Taylor then it's done with not having a go just thought it be easier

Didn't think of it that way just thought if they announced it now like with Taylor then it's done with not having a go just thought it be easier

If Tom's under 24 we may have to pay nominal compo too, I believe if you sign a player and pay for them you have to pay their wages immediately. If you sign players on a free you can forward date the deal until 1st July and not begin paying them til then. Just a thought….hope this signing is true by the way, always impressed me this lad. Didn't realise how young he was, seems to have been around for years!