Simon Corney Interview on Player

Just done a quick write up of Simon Corney's interview. Something to cling on to regarding the new stand, though he does emphasise they are not definite time periods...

We’ve brought in a few what I would call quality players. A couple we knew about already like Robbie Simpson. Delighted to have Robbie on board, he was a standout performer last year. Credit to Dickov for getting him back, he could have gone elsewhere.

Jonathan had other offers. His fantastic agent helped him push him towards up. He’s been part of the Boro set up for some time. We’ll see some good things. A genuine left back who will push on.

Won’t be a quicker right back than Brown. Newcastle were reluctant to let Taylor go.

Good to have Lee back – he’s part of the family. Was one of my first signings. He had a massive impact here previously. Gone on to bigger clubs. He’s come home as we like to say and it’s going to be a massive season for him. He’s looking sharp already.

What budget restrictions Gordon?(!) It’s tough definitely. We have to work within certain parameters. We have put in more than we could have. Possibly 3 to 4 to come in. But we are in no rush and ready to go to Portugal next week with our hardcore 17. Everyone is expected to play a part in the season.

Thinking behind Portugal. Bit of sun & beach, won’t say anything else! They are working hard already and it’s much about team bonding than anything else. I’ll be out there for a couple of days. I hope they will have a good time. Doing it in a professional manner. Play a couple of teams.

(Spent a fair whack on pitch). Pitch looks magnificent. Spent a lot of money on it. Never looked this good. Got a good covering. Hopefully we’ll see a stand over there to complement it. We are making progress. If things go our way we may have a planning app submitted within next 4- 6 weeks. I say might in case anyone holds me to my word. Hopefully end July/start August then judicial period of 13 weeks and after that we may be a b le to start planning the build.

There will be an initial building and we will start planning future development. We need to build on it and may have a couple of lean years.

Charity match – Shaw disaster. Least we can do. We’ve lent the pitch, Jenny & Broady have put on a fantastic event.

(Accept for next season) Play good football, fans entertained very important to me. Like to bring back some more people (fans). We’ve done the kids promotion which hopefully would have a good impact. We hope for another Liverpool game. Like to be in the top 6 but it’s about survival first. I’m not concerned in the least about that. Who knows? A lot of big teams have left the division and I’m quite confident.

(Bizarrely) final question – Katy Perry or Kevin Pieterson?: Neither!

Just done a quick write up of Simon Corney's interview. Something to cling on to regarding the new stand, though he does emphasise they are not definite time periods...

We’ve brought in a few what I would call quality players. A couple we knew about already like Robbie Simpson. Delighted to have Robbie on board, he was a standout performer last year. Credit to Dickov for getting him back, he could have gone elsewhere.

Jonathan had other offers. His fantastic agent helped him push him towards up. He’s been part of the Boro set up for some time. We’ll see some good things. A genuine left back who will push on.

Won’t be a quicker right back than Brown. Newcastle were reluctant to let Taylor go.

Good to have Lee back – he’s part of the family. Was one of my first signings. He had a massive impact here previously. Gone on to bigger clubs. He’s come home as we like to say and it’s going to be a massive season for him. He’s looking sharp already.

What budget restrictions Gordon?(!) It’s tough definitely. We have to work within certain parameters. We have put in more than we could have. Possibly 3 to 4 to come in. But we are in no rush and ready to go to Portugal next week with our hardcore 17. Everyone is expected to play a part in the season.

Thinking behind Portugal. Bit of sun & beach, won’t say anything else! They are working hard already and it’s much about team bonding than anything else. I’ll be out there for a couple of days. I hope they will have a good time. Doing it in a professional manner. Play a couple of teams.

(Spent a fair whack on pitch). Pitch looks magnificent. Spent a lot of money on it. Never looked this good. Got a good covering. Hopefully we’ll see a stand over there to complement it. We are making progress. If things go our way we may have a planning app submitted within next 4- 6 weeks. I say might in case anyone holds me to my word. Hopefully end July/start August then judicial period of 13 weeks and after that we may be a b le to start planning the build.

There will be an initial building and we will start planning future development. We need to build on it and may have a couple of lean years.

Charity match – Shaw disaster. Least we can do. We’ve lent the pitch, Jenny & Broady have put on a fantastic event.

(Accept for next season) Play good football, fans entertained very important to me. Like to bring back some more people (fans). We’ve done the kids promotion which hopefully would have a good impact. We hope for another Liverpool game. Like to be in the top 6 but it’s about survival first. I’m not concerned in the least about that. Who knows? A lot of big teams have left the division and I’m quite confident.

(Bizarrely) final question – Katy Perry or Kevin Pieterson?: Neither!

Cheers Mr L, that is very helpful.

I watched it earlier thought it was very upbeat!

Will be free to view at 5.30 btw

Indeed.

If the stand does get the go ahead in the next few months, it will be an overdue break for Mr Corney..

A refreshing and much more upbeat interview compared to some of Corneys previous ones!

Great news about the new stand, good to finally here something and hopefully everything finally goes to plan this time and things can get started as soon as possible.

Also gives me confidence hearing that there could be 3 or 4 new faces still to come in, we definitely still need a LW and a CB and hopefully an experienced/proven striker to go alongside Simpson and the younger players we have already.

Everything very encouraging so far going in to the new season!

I heatd 2 weeks ago (and was told to keep my trap shut) that the council were ready for releasing the £5m+ and plans had been drawn up already. I was told building should begin by xmas but still hurdles to overcome.

Olympics will be over by September.