Why would or should they? No room for sentiment between clubs.

I guess not, and im not saying they should just let us have Clarke for a couple of shirts with Marsh-Brown on the back and the old Chaddy costume, but would hope that relationships between clubs are sufficiently established so that they can at least be open to negotiation rather than piss themselves at our offer.

We've seen how good relationships between managers have led to loan signings from the top clubs (brown, scapuzzi etc) and previous transfers should mean some goodwill. Just thought about how SC has mentioned his dealings with other chairmen in the past and about that £500,000 loan to QPR - how times have changed, can we have some interest on that now?!

I guess not, and im not saying they should just let us have Clarke for a couple of shirts with Marsh-Brown on the back and the old Chaddy costume, but would hope that relationships between clubs are sufficiently established so that they can at least be open to negotiation rather than piss themselves at our offer.

We've seen how good relationships between managers have led to loan signings from the top clubs (brown, scapuzzi etc) and previous transfers should mean some goodwill. Just thought about how SC has mentioned his dealings with other chairmen in the past and about that £500,000 loan to QPR - how times have changed, can we have some interest on that now?!

There is a world of difference between clubs lending a player to see how he develops and picking a friendly club, and giving away a saleable asset for below the market price. As for the QPR loan, that was Mr Blitz making a personal loan to make a profit.

Better players out there? 50/50 as to whether we can get them, but missing out on a players is hardley a new thing so never mind. Hopefully the striker we do sign will match and exceed Kuqi's amount from last term. Dan Taylor for me is the player to look out for, him and Simmo together could be awesome.

Better players out there? 50/50 as to whether we can get them, but missing out on a players is hardley a new thing so never mind. Hopefully the striker we do sign will match and exceed Kuqi's amount from last term. Dan Taylor for me is the player to look out for, him and Simmo together could be awesome.

I reckon we will see a good season from Matt Smith - he will be far more settled and does have decent positional sense - hopefully we will see him step it up a notch or two.