if we have made a proper bid, then it must mean that we cannot agree on a wage % with charlton for a loan deal?

Perhaps Clarke is willing to drop wages if a perm move, but either we cannot match charlton's requested % for a loan deal nor match their valuation,

I suspect 50k offer.

Would've certainly been a good option to have for a league one team and would fit in well with our forward options but attitude and general demeanour is an issue for me.

Tonks it is then!

Just had a nosey on the charlton forum. They all seem to want rid of Clarke and can't believe they have turned down any monetary offer for him.

paul @paulthecab

£100 not enuff,raise it £120 RT Sky Sports understands Charlton have turned down an offer from Oldham for striker Leon Clarke. #CAFC #OAFC

Not going down well with Charlton fans on twitter either!

Is says Charlton have rejected our offer. Our offer could be a loan offer at 50% of his wages.

This is as much as I can believe. I don't for a second believe that Mr Corney would pay money for a player unless he thought there was a really good chance of making a profit on them, and someone who is generally loaned out from his club doesn't fit that profile. I believe that Sky are talking out of their arses.

We won't have offered a fee. As pointed out the 'offer' will be centred around how much of his wage we pay ourselves. Wouldn't surprised if the £5k wage being mooted is actually what Charlton are now expected to pay him as a result of their promotion.

can't say i'm too fussed - he would be a good one to have so long as he is truly prepared to stop being a nomadic player and a lazy git when he feels like he wants to be one and actually start doing his job and making a decent name for himself.

If he doesn't want to be at Oldham for the right reasons then give me Tonk every day of the week - 10 goals plus 100% effort to the team, not too shabby.

Thing is with Clarke, he is just the sort of player you wouldn't want to play against as you always know he's a threat.....oh well either way over to you PD - so long as our 2nd choice aint Paynter - now he makes a slug look quick.

Edited by shefflatic

Is says Charlton have rejected our offer. Our offer could be a loan offer at 50% of his wages.

Completely agree, it is far more likely to be loan deal

Mind you if he is wanting £5k per week, we might have only offered 5% !

Maybe Charlton wanted an extra £10k and with Playershare adding £9k to the transfer budget means we now can afford to bring him in. (If Corney adds another £1,000 of course)

You'll have Corney spitting feathers. We all know the club foots the vast percntage of the bills, any fool would undoubtably know that! (that's not at all in any way directed at the poster here) and The cl;ub/Corney doesn't need to spell that out in OS statements!!

Playershare does an amazing job. All due to it's many contributors in the many various ways to contribute. Keep it up.

Just my hunch that it's Charlton that's the stumbling block. Lets just hope no other club comes along and helps them out with a better offer.

Without knowing the figures involved, interesting that Charlton seem not to be prepared to break bread with us when we let them have our best player two seasons ago for a relative pittance, as well as our top scorer in the previous season for about 20k.

I must be going senile, Abbott and who else?