Friendly Vs City

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine the reply being, there was an opportunity to take on the English champions, have City made any guarantee's on which 1st team players will be available, but £15 all ticket to watch us play the kids stinks to me and again its another 2 fingers up to the fans!!

I was planning on taking my step son and nephew, using my free ticket and the one from my step sons season ticket, whats turned out to be around £10 night out has turned into a £35 night out and no chance to use the free voucher for a friendly.

Fuming.....and not going regardless of what team Citeh turn out...

Considering the additional policing costs it was inevitable that the ticket price would be higher than usual.

Can't say I'm chuffed about the price but at least it will see a decent boost to the club's coffers.

To those considering boycotting the game, I'm sure a City fan will keep your seat warm for you.

You can still use the free ticket for the Huddersfield match and I'm certain that the club haven't violated any terms and conditions in deciding not to allow free entry for that particular match. Quite rightly, they want to maximise the revenue from the fixture as these opportunities don't arise every year. Talk of boycotts and hoping that City just send their kids, etc is a huge over-reaction.

If you don't want to pay, don't go - it's a friendly to give the players some match sharpness. I'm sure no-one will take in personally

If you want to go, go - money received will probably go to paying off the pension bill that is hanging over the club.

I think they've dropped a massive bollock here and would have made as much/more money at £10 & letting us use our voucher. And pissed nobody off.

At a tenner many (City fans included) would have taken a punt & got a ticket in the hope a few first teamers might play.

At £15 I can't see many doing that.

Dare I say it, If it was United this would make sense but fairweather, Oldham based City fans can still get in at the Etihad quite easily.

Why would they gamble £15 on maybe seeing upto 6 players who were at Euro2012?

I think someone's got giddy and massively misjudged the draw of this game.

I probably wouldn't have gone anyway had I been able to use my voucher.

Chron is reporting:

Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy, Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott and James Milner are all set to turn out at Boundary Park in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday, July 31 (7.45pm kick-off) in a fixture at which a good crowd is expected to watch the Euro 2012 contingent.

Might be worth £15!!!!

:clint:If that lot start I would pay £15 to watch!!!

Honestly can't believe some Latic fans...

There are 36,000 reasons to make this game a little more expensive considering most live on our doorstep !

9000+ times £15 = £135,000 and pensions hole helped to be filled ??

-

Not at all surprised. Things like this will make a few more consider disposable income and where it's spent. Trouble is once you've set the president that it's not at Boundary Park, it's set! It's £15 and don't be thinking you'll save your ST voucher mmhaha mmhahaha mhaaaaaaaaaaa.

Am sorry you're price is too high. I may well go cos I can afford to, however this will lose a few more punters the whole season long.

As soon as the club mentioned it being £15, I knew the whingeing would start! I paid £5 at Mossley the other night to watch them play a non-league team standing on a dodgy flag terrace.

So shock horror, a club with no money that is trying to sign some decent players for the new season and pay off massive debts, wants to charge £15 to watch us play the champions, even if it is only some of them.

Sounds like a good deal to me and is one which may help the club support Dickov's signings?

Well done Latics on getting this prestigious game for BP and I've already had to buy extra tickets as the game has caught the interest of family members and friends who are looking forward to it already!! The sort of game which we need to encourage new fans down to BP?

so your £5 at Mossley means that your opinion outweighs my £5 at Mossley?. No it doesn't and certainly doesn't mean that the opinnion of the man who struggles through the week to week living shouldn't hold the opinion it's too much. Or is he whinging?

Will be going.

Slight problem though, anyone know wheres best to sit if your on crutches? Usually sit in main upper but doubt i'll be able to at the moment..

Chaddy car park side as low as you want- least number of steps. RRE might be a good option when we can use it for the future.

I can't believe the moaners on here (well I can)

Get over yourselves. Are you supporters or just after cheap football. Use your free ticket on another friendly.

Let Latics make a bit of much needed money by cashing in on all of those international players.

Mind you that £100 per person hospitality is a bit steep, unless you're a Gallagher,

I hope this friendly isn't part of a Richards buy out deal.,

I

Limerick FC, in the second tier of Irish football, are to stage a friendly match on 5th August and expect all 2,600 tickets — priced at €30 for premier, €15 for terrace and €10 for schoolchildren — to sell out.

The club says that, by taking place on the Sunday evening of a holiday weekend, it will enable fans to travel from all over the country to see the game and stay over after. It’s a non profit-making club and the proceeds are to be invested in youth and educational projects in Limerick.

The opposition?

Manchester City, whose first team plays in Wolfsburg, Germany the day before, so it’ll be the Elite Development Squad.