Pompey away

I really want to go to this game. Has anyone done it before and know the best way of getting there?

Cheapest train ticket I can find is £50.

Also I've never been on a supporter's coach, would this be a better option?

Answers gratefully accepted.

Woof.

I have been to Pompey once with Arsenal, got to say one of the best days out ever been to bar none!

Their fans are unreal! They will create hell of an atmopshere

My advice is if you are not 100% on going to this one do it!

I know exactly how to get there but not sure how good i could advise you as I am in the Gloucester, i would ask diego sideburns mate he does the travel updates in the past

1.) Get your train ticket to Fratton, not Portsmouth

2.) Try to split your journey up. I saved about £35 going from Leeds to Taunton last year by splitting the ticket up and officially going in roughly hour long sections, if you do it online you can often stay in the same seat.

For example I think one of the ways to go is to go into London and out again as London journeys often have discounts. So you might be better off getting a ticket to London and then a ticket from London and a travel-pass to get across London.

3.) Have a look at getting the plane to Southampton it might be cheaper.

4.) Book your ticket via the playershare website, it doesn't cost you any more money and playershare get a cut. See here http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/

(saves opinions doing it) :wink:

Edited by rudemedic

I really want to go to this game. Has anyone done it before and know the best way of getting there?

Cheapest train ticket I can find is £50.

Also I've never been on a supporter's coach, would this be a better option?

Answers gratefully accepted.

Woof.

Booked ours on the day the Fixtures came out £55.80 return for the three of us using my railcard.

Manc to Euston

Euston to Waterloo via Tube

Waterloo to Fratton

Although we set off at the crack of dawn and don't arrive back into Piccadilly until about half past midnight.

I travel on the supporters' coach and I suppose the price of this would be around £25 to get to portsmouth. Its a door to door trip and would take around 5 hours to get there (stop included)

That's pretty sweet, I used to have to bet to BP back in the day

1.) Get your train ticket to Fratton, not Portsmouth

2.) Try to split your journey up. I saved about £35 going from Leeds to Taunton last year by splitting the ticket up and officially going in roughly hour long sections, if you do it online you can often stay in the same seat.

For example I think one of the ways to go is to go into London and out again as London journeys often have discounts. So you might be better off getting a ticket to London and then a ticket from London and a travel-pass to get across London.

3.) Have a look at getting the plane to Southampton it might be cheaper.

4.) Book your ticket via the playershare website, it doesn't cost you any more money and playershare get a cut. See here http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/

(saves opinions doing it) :wink:

Woops. Booked ours to Portsmouth Harbour. £37 return with a railcard.

I wouldn't worry about this match just yet : their administrator says he doubts they wiLl even start the season!

It really doesn't look great for them. However, hotel is booked and night is organised. Anyone know any second rate teams in Pompey incase it goes tits up?

NB. On a side note, It's not completely wasted as I'll catch Cardiff (Sunday) & Bradford Park Avenue (Monday) on the way back home.

There's a group of us going friday-sunday. If they go bump could always have a latics weekend in portsmouth? The more the merrier!

Nb hope they don't go bust as with any club!

Please could you change the WebShop link in your signature line - it's crashing out (old web address).

Cheers matey!

I wouldn't worry about this match just yet : their administrator says he doubts they wiLl even start the season!

pompey have to sell more players to reduce the wage bill , don't know how many players they still have but they might not have a full team to start the new season ! http://www.sportingl...-future-warning Edited by boboafc