New Stand Proposal

New Stand Proposal  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

It's not as simple as saying 'I'd have it as the main stand' though. I'm sure SC would prefer to do that to, but it costs more money to do that. I don't know why you or anyone else thinks this isnt a obstacle?

Was told on Saturday by not including The players tunnel, facilities, boardroom etc in the new stand the club will save a million quid plus. the commercial department will be going in the new stand, everyone else will continue to slum it in a very leaky main stand.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't one of the main reason cited we need the new stand being that the main stand offices and changing rooms weren't fit for purpose, it was crumbling around their ear's. More importantly the cost to maintain it was very high just to get the insurance passed.

Build the stand right please in the first place. It's always the cheapest option to do it straight off than revisit it later (that we know, never will)

Wasn't one of the main reason cited we need the new stand being that the main stand offices and changing rooms weren't fit for purpose, it was crumbling around their ear's. More importantly the cost to maintain it was very high just to get the insurance passed.

Build the stand right please in the first place. It's always the cheapest option to do it straight off than revisit it later (that we know, never will)

I think it's the roof that is dodgy, the actual building seems fine from what I have seen. Are we really complaining that the club isn't spending money on a posh new management suite? The players aren't going to score more goals because Neil Joy has a golden bidet in his private bathroom.

If you're operating as business then it's important that any kind of investment that you make is able to generate some kind of return and that is exactly what these plans seem to be centered around - maximising the ROI. Perfectly sensible and desirable if you've got the club's longer term interests at heart and they should be applauded. It would make the club much more attractive from many angles yet the constant griping carries on. Of course the money could be spent in developing a stand packed with seating for the thousands of fans who would just turn up because there's seating just like they did at Darlington.

Yesterday saw the formal unveiling of these plans complete, I might add, with a NEW CAR PARK and the news of a loan signing of a striker that was sold a year ago for £1m. A week ago people were crying out for these things yet the general air is still one of being gutted, disappointed, etc. It's progress in, very much, the right direction and as a supporter of the club, I'm pleased about it.

Of course everyone wants to see progress and everyone applauds trying to move in the right direction that's a no brainer. Is it a wrong to want it done right from the off? like the full length of the pitch?

If this one doesn't come off are we going to happy still when this one gets watered down and so on and so on.

The number of fans entering the ground is watering down in parrallel with each watering down plan and that saddens me even more than no stand at all. That's not claiming the numbers are dwindling as a direct result of each and every U turn, but we can't deny it's happening during that course of time.

This was a massive chance to say Latics are fighting back and we mean business, come and join us to achieve it.

Of course everyone wants to see progress and everyone applauds trying to move in the right direction that's a no brainer. Is it a wrong to want it done right from the off? like the full length of the pitch?

If this one doesn't come off are we going to happy still when this one gets watered down and so on and so on.

The number of fans entering the ground is watering down in parrallel with each watering down plan and that saddens me even more than no stand at all. That's not claiming the numbers are dwindling as a direct result of each and every U turn, but we can't deny it's happening during that course of time.

This was a massive chance to say Latics are fighting back and we mean business, come and join us to achieve it.

You do understand we can't afford to build this stand - that we've come out and openly said "we want to build this but we can't afford to and we need businesses to invest..."

Where in the hell can we hope to get the money to build a 6,000 seat monster? It's just not the real world!

I'm all for a positivist attitude and not accepting second best from life - but that can't come at the expense of prudence and sustainability. Otherwise we'll have a lovely 6,000 stand overlooking a wasteland - as frankly the club will go under.

It's just not the real world mate.

It's (more) comfortable seating behind glass with an inclusive bar and meal... sounds like one to me?

I've been in hospitalitiy at other grounds and stadia, its a Port-a-Cabin. Considering your trying to attract businesses and people with a bit of money to burn, it makes a difference to have something that doesn't look like a Port-a-cabin.

Fantastic - now show me the money!!!!

I've been in hospitalitiy at other grounds and stadia, its a Port-a-Cabin. Considering your trying to attract businesses and people with a bit of money to burn, it makes a difference to have something that doesn't look like a Port-a-cabin.

Agree 100% - but I'm not sure we will jump from not filling a 30 person Port-a-Cabin to filling a 50-60 person Suite of boxes just because they're a bit nice? Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope so, but I'm skeptical.

Agree 100% - but I'm not sure we will jump from not filling a 30 person Port-a-Cabin to filling a 50-60 person Suite of boxes just because they're a bit nice? Maybe I'm wrong, I sure hope so, but I'm skeptical.

It is easier to sell and element of privacy to more intimate groups of 20 or less. If I'm trying to seal a deal with clients I don't want to do it in a box shared with others.

I think it will increase sales. By how much is the big question.

You do understand we can't afford to build this stand - that we've come out and openly said "we want to build this but we can't afford to and we need businesses to invest..."

Where in the hell can we hope to get the money to build a 6,000 seat monster? It's just not the real world!

I'm all for a positivist attitude and not accepting second best from life - but that can't come at the expense of prudence and sustainability. Otherwise we'll have a lovely 6,000 stand overlooking a wasteland - as frankly the club will go under.

It's just not the real world mate.

I don't recall asking for a 6000 monster. This new watered down version wouldn't hold nowhere near 6000 seats if it was extended into both corners. However to the back and below the stand there would be more room to develop those off match day streams we like to talk about.

I don't recall asking for a 6000 monster. This new watered down version wouldn't hold nowhere near 6000 seats if it was extended into both corners. However to the back and below the stand there would be more room to develop those off match day streams we like to talk about.

Every extra square meter we build costs money. But if it's not the seating which is of concern what is?

What extra things would you like to have seen space for?

Fantastic - now show me the money!!!!

It takes a million more or someone who stated they asked the question was told yesterday. So the question is does it cost the club 1.5 million or 2.75 million? Clearly I don't know how these things work in terms of who shoulders what amounts of costs, however someone posted earlier that we get (x) amount from various bodies towards the total cost.

I believe am right in saying it's said to cost 3 million in total this new proposal and would cost Corney and Co 1.5 million of that total. How much was forth coming from the sale of Failsworth plot? I thought it was quite a bit more than that.

Edited by Lags

Every extra square meter we build costs money. But if it's not the seating which is of concern what is?

What extra things would you like to have seen space for?

Come on Ackey, the things that was said we needed years ago. Like all those lovely off match income streams Anyway, I've had my say so that's it from me.

Maybe it's me but I never settle for second best in life and that's the way it stays for me.

Come on Ackey, the things that was said we needed years ago. Like all those lovely off match income streams Anyway, I've had my say so that's it from me.

Maybe it's me but I never settle for second best in life and that's the way it stays for me.

Unfortunately we support a team that has been second best for going on 20 years now.

I appreciate everyone would love a new all singing all dancing wonderful stand that holds everything and has room for fans when we win promotion

but financially wouldn't it make more sense to get the promotion clear the debt and fill the stadium before we do that, if we dont clear the debt its irrelevant how many seats we have where the changing rooms are etc.

get some outside revenue in that helps with current debts then we can evolve again from there as the other stands also need sorting as we all know - one step at a time!

this is hopefully just the first step towards having the club safe from going out of business and helping it thrive again and in fairness after everything thats been planned over the years, its a giant step

the next step whenever that may be may be bigger, we can only hope

Edited by palmer1

How much was forth coming from the sale of Failsworth plot? I thought it was quite a bit more than that.

Surely they lost money on the Failsworth plot, taking into account wasted costs, interest etc?

One thing I really don't get is the calls for a tunnel. Even if the changing rooms were on the Broadway side I would demand that the players come down steps.

Surely they lost money on the Failsworth plot, taking into account wasted costs, interest etc?

One thing I really don't get is the calls for a tunnel. Even if the changing rooms were on the Broadway side I would demand that the players come down steps.

I think they should come down a slide with a 40 foot drop from the roof.

They bought land without 'Building permission' with a lot of known issues ie recreational land, allotments, etc.

The land now has all these issues resolved and so in theory should be worth a lot more.

They bought land without 'Building permission' with a lot of known issues ie recreational land, allotments, etc.

The land now has all these issues resolved and so in theory should be worth a lot more.

Perhaps the £1.5m more I estimate TTA are putting in to this new stand out of their own pockets?

Am I reading this right? We are going to build a bobbins standard gym a few hundred yards from a high standard one? So even if the players fancy a swim, they will be driving a few hundred yards to spend money in someone elses gym?

[insert face palm photo here]

Let me put it on record, I'll look forward to the stands opening and it will be the most impressive stand we've ever had, I'd just like to have it built fully and right first time off. To later add corners would cost over double the cost now and very unlikely ever to happen.

I would like to ask if the main stand was unsuitable for purpose and a massive burden on costs years ago, why is it not the case now?