New Stand Proposal

New Stand Proposal  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

No, I don't have any knowledge in the area - I'm just asking questions as it seems (to me) a bit of a grey area. The economy in general is on its arse at the moment and could take years to recover so I'm not sure we should be expecting this stand to generate huge amounts of income though the comments above are positive (regarding conferences, exams etc). We've got to be hoping that a new stand improves the match day experience and puts a few more bums on seats too surely?

Re the leg room, the worst I've EVER experienced was at Bramhall Lane last season - terrible, I had to sit sideways across two seats (not that I was sitting for most of the second half). If our new stand has poor leg room, it would put me off.

Fair enough, its always good to ask questions. The economy is down and people won't be using conferencing etc as much as they used to in a business sense, but they still use it and we haven't got it. I saw something that said Burnely make £2m a year from their conferencing. If they can get a decent events manager/team in, then there are a lot of possibilities, parties, sportsmans evenings, weddings, christenings, funerals, tribute acts, bahmitzvahs, televising England matches/Olympic games etc, they could even broadcast commentry from away games via Latics player to sell a few beers (just thought of that one, sounds a top idea to me).

Offices, one thing about new offices is that there new and so more desirable than old offices.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an email address to feedback for the consultation? I was at OT last night in the top tier of the North Stand and thought the room was terrible. I think it will put people off from going if its like that. Man U can get away with it but I don't think OAFC can.

Granted i was in a corner, but i agree with the OT leg room issue! Great stadium but give me BP anyday!

Leg room is vital for me. If it does't have enough space i won't bother splashing out a st. I'm sick of grazed knees after sitting the Main Stand. It's okay for dwarfs or under nourished cotton workers (oppressed by capitalism and exploited by slave driving industrialists) from the early twentieth century but many of us have benefitted from years of Labour-led social improvement and are now generally taller/bigger.

Offices, one thing about new offices is that there new and so more desirable than old offices.

Hmmm. Plenty of empty office space around that's not exactly old. Sure some of the offices on Salmon Fields are empty (former Hillstone?) and that's a lovely spot.

Big development on the east lancs not far from Huyton been empty since it was built a number of years ago. Makes u wonder....

The gym is the big one for me. DW over the road charge an average of £30 a month and I'm sure I've heard a figure of 1500 members (most of who don't go). That's £45K a month. And they'll own the building so won't be worrying about extortionate rent like DW may be paying? Cinemas, bowling alleys? They're a luxury that people use on the odd occasion. But a gym? Once you've joined a 12 month membership your in for the long haul and if I'm anything to go by, people tend not to cancel their memberships because they always think they're going to 'get back into it'.

Gym + jacuzzi and sauna = potential money tree!

Hi guys i took some pics of the new stand proposals, seen as im on my mobile and dont know how to upload from this device you can view them on my facebook profile, go to www.facebook.com/laticsfan go to photos, then go to mobile uploads, its the first 11 photos in there

Any explanation as to what will be housed within the stand?

there are in thelaticsfan's pictures:

office space

function room with kitchen etc

11 boxes and directors

a gym

a proper carpark!

around 2500 seats to take the overall capacity over 12,000

but no changing rooms, club shop, tv gantry etc

from those pictures and laticsbiffo's video i like it. what we need and looks like it can be done. what it doesnt have leads me to think the main stand will be redone soon.

Edited by oafc-latics

Any explanation as to what will be housed within the stand?

Not sure what interest potential retailers will have until planning is approved ! Gym, conference facilities, supporters bar not match day but open from outside of stand, kiosk inside for match days, 11 boxes for corporate and directors box

Thought it looked pretty good to be honest.

Corners can be filled in which is why stand not full length of pitch!

Edited by Laticsbiffo

there are in thelaticsfan's pictures:

office space

function room with kitchen etc

11 boxes and directors

a gym

a proper carpark!

around 2500 seats to take the overall capacity over 12,000

but no changing rooms, club shop, tv gantry etc

from those pictures and laticsbiffo's video i like it. what we need and looks like it can be done. what it doesnt have leads me to think the main stand will be redone soon.

Piss take if these aren't included IMO.

My only concerns with the new stand after seeing the proposal are:

*Why does the stand not run the full length of the pitch?

I heard the guy from FWP explain that the sides could be extended at a later date but to include this in the new proposal would mean the removal of at least one floodlight (Chaddy road end) and this would be extra cost.

*There are only 4 turnstiles for the whole stand, these lead into two completely separate concourses, I’m not sure this will be enough, how many of these will be concession turnstiles?

if 1 then that will force parents of kids to enter through only 1 turnstile even if their seats are at the other end of the stand, if 2 concession turnstiles then will 2 normal ones be enough.

I couldn't get a word in with the guy from FWP about this as he was being hounded by residents asking how far the shadow from the new stand would come to their property.

Overall I’m pleased with the design, its probably similar to what we would have ended up with if the council had approved the first time. This stand is purely about raising money on non match days so no changing rooms, laundry rooms, managers office etc. these will all stay in the current main stand.

feel free to use the photos if you wish guys,

I think the main stand isnt being demolished, just stripped and built up again, thats what he was suggesting when i suggested moving the new stand back to allow room for main stand development, however main stand will have seats going further back.