New Stand Proposal

New Stand Proposal  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

Basically because we don't get anywhere near filling the place with 3 stands, so we sure as hell ain't going to fill it with an extra 3,000 capacity. But, as SC stated, it will be built with the capability of increasing the capacity. Makes perfect sense to me.

What did the old Lookers hold? I can''t remember. Prozac?

Capacity was about 13,500 before it was levelled, so around 3,000

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken but let's face it - this stand has been fifteen years in the making. If we're gonna build, let's BUILD! I'd rather have an impressive new main stand and shut (but don't knock) down the existing main stand than be stuck with a half-arsed effort for another fifteen years.

It's an idea but I'd hate us to have a MK Dongs set up where you have little pockets of supporters scattered about because you'll never fill the place. It's soulless, no atmosphere and pie in the sky. Apart from that, do you not think that SC and the club have further plans that would be realised in a lot less than 15 years now that the new stand is becoming a reality.

The first signs of the development, once under way, just might attract a few investors. There may be some hiding in the woodwork now waiting for further developments and that could bring the current main stand development a lot nearer.

In fairness, none of know the full story yet, so we don't have the answers, but I think the first rule is cut your suit according to your cloth, so 3,000 capacity with the capability of adding to it if needed at a future date seems to be the right way to go for now.

It looks good but I think it's only a basic artist’s impression of the development rather than a precise design of the build. As already noticed there are no dugout, camera gantry and tunnel. Plus no wall. I have farted about trying to count the seats. I get 6 blocks of 14 rows 20 seats to a row and 2 end blocks of 7 to a row. From this I can’t make it more than a 2,000 capacity. If that is the case (and Corney says it’s a 3,000 capacity) we may be in for a pleasant surprise as to how it looks from the pitch.

I am looking forward to seeing the actual plans next week.

Lack of new investors?

TTA paying for it themselves?

Realism as to future prospects.

When was BP with a 10,600ish capacity last sold out?

We're never going to fill it with the :censored:e we've displayed over the last 20 years...but ...if we can get a promotion and a better standard of football then we certainly could!

We're never going to fill it with the :censored:e we've displayed over the last 20 years...but ...if we can get a promotion and a better standard of football then we certainly could!

Indeed. But a white elephant isn't the best starting point.

I like it. Nothing too flashy and presumably the 2nd & 3rd tiers are just what we need to increase the revenue stream. If SC says there is scope to increase capacity if needed, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, there's something in the planning that isn't immediately obvious from one photo. Perhaps those who can get there next Wednesday will see more plans and can pass on the info.

What I think is pleasing is that the stand, going off that pic, shouldn't be so high as to be a reason for local NIMBYs to raise an objection on the grounds of it blocking the light from their front rooms. If you get my drift.

Didn't Big Gordy say in commentary on Tuesday night that, if all goes well, building could start around or just after Chrimbo time? The Oldham weather should knacker that one then :grin: , but let's hope it gets started sooner rather than later.

I'd hope that more drawings will be put on the OS for those who can't get to BP next week.

As the above drawing suggests the stand would be higher than the RRE I'm sure a few NIMBYs will complain that it is overbearing, etc.

Given our budget I think it looks good.

Why would you need to? just extending the rows of seats and adding a lower roof over them would work

Or we look at sorting out the 3 other stands we have. Oldham Athletic does not need an increase in seating capacity, it needs an increase in income which is exactly what this stand will bring us.

http://www.fwpgroup....ages/731_lg.jpg

Thats the original plans and the stand roof looks similar to that in the new proposals. Hope they incorporate a hotel into the plans - away fans could stay there and would certainly be a proposition for pompey/coventry type clubs where the distance vs fanbase may see a few stop over.

capacity almost like for like from before - 3k new stand plus the rest would give us 12-13k which would more than do us.

i hope they have thought about the likelyhood of footballs getting smashed against those panes of glass/perspex - another large expense over a season if not!

Edited by shefflatic

Or we look at sorting out the 3 other stands we have. Oldham Athletic does not need an increase in seating capacity, it needs an increase in income which is exactly what this stand will bring us.

Aye!

Couldn't agree more, well said!

And of course an increase in income over time should help the playing budget, which in turn can improve the team, maybe even success on the field meaning then that an increased capacity may be needed. But let's build the frigger first, get some wonga in, then worry about extra seats later….

I totally agree with you. My post which you quoted out of context was in direct response to charnwoods specific question!

http://www.fwpgroup....ages/731_lg.jpg

Thats the original plans and the stand roof looks similar to that in the new proposals. Hope they incorporate a hotel into the plans - away fans could stay there and would certainly be a proposition for pompey/coventry type clubs where the distance vs fanbase may see a few stop over.

capacity almost like for like from before - 3k new stand plus the rest would give us 12-13k which would more than do us.

i hope they have thought about the likelyhood of footballs getting smashed against those panes of glass/perspex - another large expense over a season if not!

Whilst this would be helpful, I don't think it would be that much of a deal maker for a hotel. Weekday business stays and conferences + weddings ould be were the money is made. ie rent a room with a projector and some biscuits for an afternoon for several hundred quid.

Like myself coming out of Fleetwood made me jealous seeing how far they had come in such a short time. But this stand looks good hopefully it will get built and the Nimbys wont put a stop to it.

The Nimbys never had a problem with a new stand, it was fear of people below 50, having an upstairs, children beneath working age, brown skin, 9 cars and so on that they were worried about.