176 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of this design?

• Yeah - it looks mint
    • Nah - it's not right

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Nothing too flashy and presumably the 2nd & 3rd tiers are just what we need to increase the revenue stream. If SC says there is scope to increase capacity if needed, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, there's something in the planning that isn't immediately obvious from one photo. Perhaps those who can get there next Wednesday will see more plans and can pass on the info.

What I think is pleasing is that the stand, going off that pic, shouldn't be so high as to be a reason for local NIMBYs to raise an objection on the grounds of it blocking the light from their front rooms. If you get my drift.

Didn't Big Gordy say in commentary on Tuesday night that, if all goes well, building could start around or just after Chrimbo time? The Oldham weather should knacker that one then :grin: , but let's hope it gets started sooner rather than later.

Is that Billy Quarmby bottom left?

it cant be hes not on the pitch :laught30:

anyway, i think some of you are being much too picky about what you like and dislike and whats shown on the proposal. Obviously there will be floodlights, dont be silly. its alot better than some other stands in our league and the leagues below.

it cant be hes not on the pitch :laught30:

anyway, i think some of you are being much too picky about what you like and dislike and whats shown on the proposal. Obviously there will be floodlights, dont be silly. its alot better than some other stands in our league and the leagues below.

Why would there be floodlights?

im really not paying attention tonight, i assumed he meant at the corner of the ground, i wouldnt oppose to floodlights in the stand though.

Fair enough. Thinking about it, it would make sense to put them in the stand.. Our beauts in the corner are probably the best looking thing at BP at present.

I think it's safe to say the Main Stand will be demolished once this is up

But will there be enough money to rebuild the bugger? If not, we'd better build a bloody high fence or we'll be a danger to Sheepfoot Lane traffic with balls bouncing down the road. Footballs, that is.

But will there be enough money to rebuild the bugger? If not, we'd better build a bloody high fence or we'll be a danger to Sheepfoot Lane traffic with balls bouncing down the road. Footballs, that is.

This would be balanced out by the fact that Fil Morais no longer uses the Lane! Crashing cars that is.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

Can someone tell me why SC and the club have decided to keep the stand capacity so low?

Basically because we don't get anywhere near filling the place with 3 stands, so we sure as hell ain't going to fill it with an extra 3,000 capacity. But, as SC stated, it will be built with the capability of increasing the capacity. Makes perfect sense to me.

What did the old Lookers hold? I can''t remember. Prozac?

Edited by Bristolatic

looks good, but from those images take your cagoule, brollie, shower cap, soap on a rope....looks like the old paddock has been improved and restored. I hope they have discovered some architectural marvel that can deflect rain, but on first impression that roof line looks to offer little protection. That said it is Oldham and the weather is part of the charm.

Can someone tell me why SC and the club have decided to keep the stand capacity so low?

Lack of new investors?

TTA paying for it themselves?

Realism as to future prospects.

When was BP with a 10,600ish capacity last sold out?

Basically because we don't get anywhere near filling the place with 3 stands, so we sure as hell ain't going to fill it with an extra 3,000 capacity. But, as SC stated, it will be built with the capability of increasing the capacity. Makes perfect sense to me.

& how exactly do you expand a stand with glass panels above the seats?

What extra capacity (estimate) would filling all the corners in add

Lack of new investors?

TTA paying for it themselves?

Realism as to future prospects.

When was BP with a 10,600ish capacity last sold out?

Point taken but let's face it - this stand has been fifteen years in the making. If we're gonna build, let's BUILD! I'd rather have an impressive new main stand and shut (but don't knock) down the existing main stand than be stuck with a half-arsed effort for another fifteen years.

& how exactly do you expand a stand with glass panels above the seats?

Ask SC. I didn't design the thing, but it's what he said was planned. Maybe, just maybe, the finished article won't be exactly like the image we've seen. As said before, if this is to be the new main stand (and it makes sense with all the corporate stuff being built into it), extending it may be lot easier than first appears. Just a thought,like.