one last chance

I know i will get slated for this, but i think if the performance and reslt doesn`t improve against stevenage then we should look to replace pd as soon as possible.Barring the first few months our performances and results have been dire, i know we dont have any dosh but we are not alone in this nor are we the most skint.I don`t have a clue who we could replace him with but surely we could and should be playing better than we do given the calibre of players we have. I feel this season could be our last in this division unless big changes are made. I know pd is a genuine nice guy and can relate to the fans but i also think that this is the reason many latics fans are not demanding him to be sacked, as we have made no progress whatsoever in the three years he has been here and some if not most of our displays are pretty much abysmal. like i said, feel free to slate me for this opinion.

2 Options for me are Dyche or Cotterill

I wouldnt rush into sacking him and we wont done im sure but after Stevenage we have

Pompey away, doncaster away and notts county at home and not one of those will be easy games really could be looking at no wins from 1st 6 games then a big decision would need to be made

Dickov appears to be able to do well in sourcing players just tatically he fails imo and unfortnatley for him thats a massive part of his job, big couple days in transfer market

If we win saturday and win well all the gloom will be lifted such is football

Edited by laticdickovarmy

not got a clue who is available and who we would replace him with, i just think that we have and have had some decent players who, for whatever reason, don`t perform, and i think this comes down to either a lack of motivation or tactical naivety or both. I hope to god if he stays he gets it right but come christmas if we are adrift at the bottom of the table, then this would probably be too late to turn things round.

If you can see that steady progress is being made I'm all for continuity but this is the third team Dickov has worked with and the same faults keep surfacing time and time again..

I don't want him sacked but something has to happen whether it be a back room change or an experienced coach appointment because if we continue as we are the the new stand going up won't make any difference!!

About 700 paying customers last night for the first home game of a new season is not a good sign!

Edited by oafc1955

First of all, I hope it doesn't come to the point that we need to get rid of Dickov. He seems a good bloke and getting rid of him would mean more seasons of rebuilding. Hopefully something will click with Dickov and he will realise we can't approach every game the same way.

That said, if we need to look to someone else, I'd still pick the young, fresh and enthusiastic manager type who is desperate for his first managerial job. I think we were on the right lines when we appointed Dickov and another novice could be the way forward. Retired players looking to get into management are ten-a-penny and will be cheaper than a proven manager. After hiring Dickov, Corney knows the kind of personality he can work with, we just need someone with more tactical knowledge. It could be a risk, but we could also unearth a gem.

First of all, I hope it doesn't come to the point that we need to get rid of Dickov. He seems a good bloke and getting rid of him would mean more seasons of rebuilding. Hopefully something will click with Dickov and he will realise we can't approach every game the same way.

That said, if we need to look to someone else, I'd still pick the young, fresh and enthusiastic manager type who is desperate for his first managerial job. I think we were on the right lines when we appointed Dickov and another novice could be the way forward. Retired players looking to get into management are ten-a-penny and will be cheaper than a proven manager. After hiring Dickov, Corney knows the kind of personality he can work with, we just need someone with more tactical knowledge. It could be a risk, but we could also unearth a gem.

Personally I would go for someone with a proven track record at this level... Ala Ronald.

Edited by welshgaz

Cotterill far from a long ball bloke as someone who has worked with him he pulls no punches no one undropable and worked with no budget before at Cheltenham & Pompey and delivered results at both not to mention has promotions at chelt and notts county on his cv

If im honest think he would turn us down maybe but he has experience and massive passion which endavours him to fans

If you can see that steady progress is being made I'm all for continuity but this is the third team Dickov has worked with and the same faults keep surfacing time and time again..

I don't want him sacked but something has to happen whether it be a back room change or an experienced coach appointment because if we continue as we are the the new stand going up won't make any difference!!

About 700 paying customers last night for the first home game of a new season is not a good sign!

The worry is less than 3,000 home fans next home game.

Cotterill far from a long ball bloke as someone who has worked with him he pulls no punches no one undropable and worked with no budget before at Cheltenham & Pompey and delivered results at both not to mention has promotions at chelt and notts county on his cv

If im honest think he would turn us down maybe but he has experience and massive passion which endavours him to fans

No one undroppable, we've barely anything past the first 11 the bench looks weaker than Ritchie's days.

I wonder though is the bench weak because players are not good enough or the fact they have had such lack of 1st team football?

Bozzy a decent keeper

Winchester never gets a chance

Millar not seen

Brown never seen play

Taylor has promise no real exposure to 1st team

Hughes looks like could be a good player

Smith probably not going to make it

2 ways look at that they are either not good enough or how will they improve unless they are given game time

Edited by laticdickovarmy

no, not given up, but this will be his third season, and ( god forbid ) we go down this year then his 4th season will be in division 4,it would be highly unlikely but lets say we walk that league and get promoted then year 5 will have us in the same position we are now. that isn`t progress. i am not asking for us to destroy this division and run away with the title, all i wanna see is is a small step in the right direction, a style of play that is good to watch, win or lose as long as the team shows a little bit of pride, atm there is nothing. people say pd just sits down with his arms folded, isn`t that what we all do when we watch latics? imo it isn`t good enough.

Stevenage is a big game for us already if we don't win I also think he needs to go. PD is in his 3rd season and we are still doing the same mistakes, the likes of conceding from set-pieces passing side to side backwards (which cause us to concede yesterday) and falling apart after half-time. We have a hard run of games coming up and we do not get the win against Stevenage confidence will be down and we will struggle.