New Stand Proposal to go before Planning Committee

If you think this board is miserable try reading some of the comments on the Chronicle website it really does make me despair at humanity sometimes, it amazes me that people can be that pessimistic about life!!

"2300 seater, On the SIDE. I can get more in my en-suite, Pathetic. Dont know why im worried it will never happen anyway."

"2300 ha! It shrinks before our eyes. Take a good look and you're likely to get wet in that bottom tier. Rubbish again."

"now 2300, come submitting the plans next week will it be 500?, more lies or another extention of the joke that is OAFC?, since these clowns took over."

"Looks like they have put all their interest in the retail units in the stand rather than looking after their fans in a decent sized stand.Fans come second as usual!"

"I am beginning to think Simon Corney wants the club to disappear as the vast majority of fans think the Management team is not good enough"

If you think this board is miserable try reading some of the comments on the Chronicle website it really does make me despair at humanity sometimes, it amazes me that people can be that pessimistic about life!!

"2300 seater, On the SIDE. I can get more in my en-suite, Pathetic. Dont know why im worried it will never happen anyway."

"2300 ha! It shrinks before our eyes. Take a good look and you're likely to get wet in that bottom tier. Rubbish again."

"now 2300, come submitting the plans next week will it be 500?, more lies or another extention of the joke that is OAFC?, since these clowns took over."

"Looks like they have put all their interest in the retail units in the stand rather than looking after their fans in a decent sized stand.Fans come second as usual!"

"I am beginning to think Simon Corney wants the club to disappear as the vast majority of fans think the Management team is not good enough"

Woah. Major rants in there!

I have no problem with it being 2300 at all.

Woah. Major rants in there!

I have no problem with it being 2300 at all.

I wonder how many of those who commented, are Latics fans.

I would suggest NONE, because if they were, they would be pleased that against all that has been thrown at them, the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel.

I would suggest NONE, because if they were, they would be pleased that against all that has been thrown at them, the light can be seen at the end of the tunnel.

They probably stay at home, watch United or City and claim they used to support Oldham.

I'm glad that we have the opportunity for a new stand, as it's just embarrasing without that 4th stand.

I'd love to hear what they would do instead and their ideas would probably be hilarious and ridiculous. (Probably on the lines of 7,000 stand etc etc etc).

it strikes me as the sort of people who have an opinion on everything even if their knowledge is limited on the subject. I'd say most Latics fans know that the most important part of the stand is increasing revenue streams rather than the number of seats and I'm guessing they're the same sort of people who demand that we invest in the playing squad but don't understand that to spend money you have to make money - i.e people who want something for nothing

Looks good and will be nice to have a 4 sided stadium although the capacity of the stand is pretty irelevant here,its about generating some desperately needed icnome,i dont think there will be anyone coming in with cash,if there was corney would have got someone by now.

Im more worried about this seasons fight for league 1 survival

SC stated in an interview, (I think it was beginning of June) that there would be changes to the board. Maybe this will happen after planning has been approved.

I am quite happy having a 2300 stand only if we can upgrade if we need to pretty quickly and for cheap.

Can't see how that can be done looking at the pictures of the proposal. The only way would be to fill in the corners, but it's not going to happen. The architect stated that it would be too expensive for the club, at the moment, to remove the floodlight pylons. If this isn't done now, then it will never be cost effective to do it in the future, as it would only add a few hundred seats.

SC stated in an interview, (I think it was beginning of June) that there would be changes to the board. Maybe this will happen after planning has been approved.

Goodbye to the :censored:e we have carried on our so called board.....It will seem a bit strange when they have to dig into their pockets for tickets, buffet food and free wine.