Matt Smith, the man who's been written off...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast forward 2 months when Smith's had his chance.

"Get that lumbering carthorse off the pitch, he'll never make a striker as long as I have a hole in my arse......"

well then at least we will all have proof that he is . I'd rather our own player be :censored:e than someone elses

If Taylor looked tip top and Slew looked the business then nobody would be having this debate.

Edited by razza699

Should of come on last night, when we resulted to booting it up filed at least he gives us some one to aim them at if we have to play that way. If you noticed there defence weren't tall or big he would of made presence last night even if it was just for the ball to be knocked down.

A Smith header hit the crossbar from a corner in an arranged friendly against Burnley today in a 2 -0 defeat, maybe PD should start the player who crossed the ball against Stevenage on Saturday as he clearly knows his job ? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

I am 6ft 6in perhaps I can have a chance too?

He's that slow he looks like he is under water. Never going to make it. Being big only works with a bit of aggression or mobility. He has neither. Why he isn't more aggressive is a mystery as he would probably be decent if he had a bit more Dickov or Taggert naughtyness to his play but he doesn't so he's :censored:e.

As I said in the other thread, a big man who isn't particularly good in the air and is slow and clumsy with the ball at his feet is not the answer. I'd put Taylor in there before him. Or give Montano a go up front. Or maybe even give Slew and Simpson a chance to gel instead of changing our strikeforce every single game.

Edited by JonesyOAFC