Drab performances in a drab kit!

Couldn't understand the colour change pre season and now It looks much worse. We have a 6'3" goal keeper in pale blue and the rest in a drab blue. Walsall in red and Stevenage in red and white were bigger but the brighter more aggressive colour makes then appear bigger still.

Interesting how little some of you understand psychology. The problem on the pitch is not simply the quality of the players - he has got them all looking over their shoulders, lacking confidence and self belief and all after such a good pre season. And so to colours - IT DOES MATTER For example:

"The colour red is usually associated with dominance and importance. Evolutionary anthropologist Russell Hill at the University of Durham, explored whether athletes wearing red might outperform others. Hill analysed the results from Olympic boxers and wrestlers who had been randomly assigned red or blue outfits, and again the results were remarkable. Across both sports there was a clear trend – winners wear red.

Just search the web. Ask yourself why do most goalkeepers wear bright colours and not pale blue? Use your brains!

Interesting how little some of you understand psychology. The problem on the pitch is not simply the quality of the players - he has got them all looking over their shoulders, lacking confidence and self belief and all after such a good pre season. And so to colours - IT DOES MATTER For example:

"The colour red is usually associated with dominance and importance. Evolutionary anthropologist Russell Hill at the University of Durham, explored whether athletes wearing red might outperform others. Hill analysed the results from Olympic boxers and wrestlers who had been randomly assigned red or blue outfits, and again the results were remarkable. Across both sports there was a clear trend – winners wear red.

Just search the web. Ask yourself why do most goalkeepers wear bright colours and not pale blue? Use your brains!

explain the all blacks then ?

to be fair, Bill Shankly sussed this out when he took over Liverpool. He changed the kit to all red and made their brick :censored:house of a centre-half (can picture him, can't remember his name) model it. Shankly did it for the reasons stated - it made them look more intimidating etc.

frankly mr.shankly, you were a bit of a genious. however, man management skills were even better - quite brilliant with some good, some great and (at first) some ordinary players.

that said, totally crap players simply can't play even if you painted them all red.

btw, i like our kit/colour. it's the best thing about the club at the moment.

Edited by bigfatjoe1

The All Blacks are a team with history and pride. Black, as opposed to drab blue, is also another aggressive colour. Lactics are a collection of footballers pulled together each season with, it seems, no sense of the clubs history or any pride. The kit looks very nice when hanging in the shop but it does nothing for the players. At least with the Zen advert they don't disappear into the background at the Chadddy end. How anyone can have gone to the Walsall and Stevenage games and not seen the impact of the different kits is beyond me. The red stood out and the drab blue did not. British cycling is so good because they look into every aspect of performance/training and kit - just small incremental changes but so many of them.

I have just witnessed another significant slump in support - fewer people on a Saturday than the previous Tuesday game. 6,500 to 3100 in a decade. God help us!

From memory, the shirt colour survey shows an advantage of a fraction of a per cent.

There are numerous other variables that could have generated such an advantage that have nothing to do with the colour of the shirt, rendering the survey somewhere between pointless and insignificant.

Latics aren't :censored: because of their kit.

Attention to detail, agregation of marginal gains from a class manager in Brailsford. All the team have been taught yes taught how to wash hands so they dont transfer germs so ill less. They are banned from attending concerts. Gerraint Thomas and a Rhianon concert to be precise. They take own pillow with them so they sleep in the same position wherever they are. Tiny details. Same process dont go for a game of golf and risk pulling a muscle. Professional outlook that if you dont subscribe your out. Your choice. Football has a lot to learn.

Sir Clive Woodward did something similar for England Rugby Union including training player's eyes to improve their peripheral vision to try and improve the small margins.

Tried something similar at Southampton when Redknapp was manager and the players laughed at him. Redknapp said something along the lines of "All the players can see".

Football probably will implement some of these methods one day but it won't be in this country.

I think a brighter kit can help lesser players spot a team mate running off them, so helping peripheral vision.

But I think the main problem with team performance, at the moment is more to do with chemistry, than kit colour.

The chemistry that exists between Furman and Wes, that allows them, together, to equal far more than their individual talents should add up to.

I think PD has built a team around these two and because of a terrible piece of bad luck, it has completely upset the balance of the team.

Furman and Wes together compliment each other and allows for forward motion, as is shown by the fact, that when playing together we invariably win and one of the two invariably scores. A bit like tank treads if one comes if off yer bolloxed!

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

Now I know you're trolling. Yeah search the web people! You'll struggle to find a team in pale blue winning anything! Actually don't search the web, just look out of your window.

I think there's something in this colour psychology thing though, maybe the club could commission a study into what colour the shirts should be. We could call it Fifty Shades of Blue and make it available in Waterstones, the sales would pay for the new stand.

The home kit this year is dark and drab, but I wouldn’t expect us to be playing any different if we were wearing last season’s kit!

I think there would be one or two comments if the club did a Cardiff and changed our kit to red! However’ we could compromise with, say, tangerine! Only kidding!!

Hmm, bright colours work better eh?

Sky (pale) blue Premier League champions. On the other hand, sky (pale) blue relegated to league 1. Proves nowt.

Bright gold relegated to Championship. Bright canary yellow promoted to Premier League. Proves nowt.

Bright tangerine (The Lashers, not us) promoted and relegated in successive seasons. Proves nowt.

As for the argument over the colour of the keeper's shirt, I give you;

jorge-campos-mexican-goalkeeper1.jpg

He wasn't that good IIRC