Dear Dickov (maybe take over from dear deidre who knows)

“You have to remember we are only two games into the season and there is no need to panic. Don’t judge us until we have played 10 games" P.Dickov 24/08/12

Fair Enough I will judge you on the last 12 league games we have played under your reign.

W1 D4 L7.

Dickov points to the “fine lines” which exist in football saying but for the equalising goal they gifted Walsall in midweek their outlook would be far different.

Dickov has watched the DVD of the game (walsall) several times and believes not a lot is wrong.

Not a lot wrong??? What are you watching??? These fine lines you talk about and the mentality that 'not a lot was wrong' made you change the formation to 4-5-1 at home!

This was one of the worst first half performances from any Latics team I have ever witnessed at Boundary park.

The players clearly missed what tactics you were trying to enforce.

I appreciate Jordan Slew taking a knock may have been a factor but Why not play Cristian Montano up front and keep the formation you consider not a lot to be wrong with using a similar player?

P.S

I am not even going to question the purchase of Montano after the three games I have seen him (very poor) or why all pre-season you played a forward on trial at the expense of our contracted forwards to only find out he wanted too much money but Next time can we ask them first for a ball park figure eh?

I don’t want you to get the sack because we can’t afford to pay you and employ somebody else.

At the very least please coach the players to pass to their teammates in a more attacking fashion and try and cut out the foul throws!!! It’s embarrassing now. 4-4-2!

PPS

Keep The Faith.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Dear Kyle,

Honest question: have you ever managed a team? Coffee shop, shoe shop, sales team, office... Any?

If so, or not, you should be aware that publicly stating how :censored: they are would be a terrible idea.

No?

For the first time in over 35 years i'm embarrassed to say i support oafc, that was the worst performance i've ever seen in all my years of watching them.

For an inept manager to come out and say " not a lot wrong" really does show how clueless the coaching staff are, is Mr Dickov coaching the defenders and Mr Taggart coaching the forwards? if that's not the case i'm stumped, it was a gutless, spineless performance today, we couldn't pass or control the ball, both manager and assistant stood with arms folded totally clueless, tbh i don't think either of them can get anything else out of the squad we have.

The one thing that did come out of the game today was that we eventually played the right back we bought at right back and the center half at center half, i did see the cleaning lady go down at half time so maybe she pointed that out to the coaching staff !!!!

After 3 games so far i wish i'd not renewed my season ticket and the football we are playing deserves the crowds we are getting at the moment.

less than 3000 home fans, how many of those actually paid on the day to get in?

Ackey

I have managed plenty of professional people both on a one to one basis and in teams (admittedly non in a professional sporting environment).

I more than understand your point if somewhat on the opposite end of the spectrum in relation to what we are discussing.

I am not asking the Manager to publicly berate or criticise his players, I am publicly showing my frustration at the manager and offering light hearted critique at how he utilizes his squad and tactics.

As for ‘Fowl’ throws I ducked up on that one and it was a foul on my part. Cheers Hallam lol

Its the basics we keep getting wrong and that Infuriates me.

Is that Paul Dickov's daughter on twitter saying most #oafc fans need to get a grip (kind of has a point) or is it just someone who's just put there last name as Dickov? Or just happens to be called Dickov.

I was thinking this, i thought daughter cause shes a city fan.

She could be right or wrong but a bit silly to get involved and put herself in the firing line.

Dearest bananafans

Is there any chance of you lot sobering up and calming down just a bit? Last night on Twitter featured abuse (fairly mild, but totally beyond the pale) for the manager's teenage daughter, a threat to a club employee (someone saying they'd "do time" if they saw Billy Quarmby warming up at Pompey next week, and that Billy would enter the field "at his peril"), and abuse for at least one player (Simmo) on the ground that he had personally conspired to ruin a fan's day by not being on the winning side.

No one's happy with losing, but this is pure bananas. Please make it stop.

Cheers

24hoursfromtulsehill

PS I know you all paid money to get into the game, but I don't know for sure that that money is "good money", and I'm not taking your word for it. Okay?

Dearest bananafans

Is there any chance of you lot sobering up and calming down just a bit? Last night on Twitter featured abuse (fairly mild, but totally beyond the pale) for the manager's teenage daughter, a threat to a club employee (someone saying they'd "do time" if they saw Billy Quarmby warming up at Pompey next week, and that Billy would enter the field "at his peril"), and abuse for at least one player (Simmo) on the ground that he had personally conspired to ruin a fan's day by not being on the winning side.

Cheers

24hoursfromtulsehill

PS I know you all paid money to get into the game, but I don't know for sure that that money is "good money", and I'm not taking your word for it. Okay?

This, this, a thousand times this.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Dearest bananafans

Cheers

24hoursfromtulsehill

That's absolutely out of order. :(

Did you called me a banana in chat yesterday,? I thought that the term was some kind of racial slur, have to be careful of what you say these days. :tongue1:

I don't think the guy who takes the money on the car park behind the lookers has shouldered enough of the blame yet. He just stands there in the same position holding his tickets each game. Not good enough.

I did have a moan about the car parking stewards on Tuesday night already lol. I was blocking in a tree and he was going to tell the police thats not even a joke its the truth.

Dearest bananafans

Cheers

24hoursfromtulsehill

There's one individual in particular that gets very hot under the collar after a few, it seems.