coventry interested in speaking to PD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's catch 22 unless we sign some players before tomorrows deadline then I can't see any decent manager wanting to come with our wafer thin squad but if Dickov is off to Coventry then he won't look to bringing any players in.

That's why I suggest Ritchie, Dowie would be nice but likes a budget to play with. Failing that bring Peter Reid home, it wouldn't be pretty but we'd be competitive and has a wealth of contacts and well respected in the game.

Wow. That would be great for us and pretty good for Dickov but doesn't make sense from their point of view. I'd guess that they'd either want a manager to get them promotion or the cheapest option. Dickov is neither.

He must have a Carlsberg agent, 45 players in, in just over 2 years - failed to score in over a third of home games and won only 32 games out of 109. He talks a good game but this stinks of Sky yet again talking one of their mates up...

That's why I suggest Ritchie, Dowie would be nice but likes a budget to play with. Failing that bring Peter Reid home, it wouldn't be pretty but we'd be competitive and has a wealth of contacts and well respected in the game.

To be fair, none of them are.

Like we'd notice Mr. Invisible had left Hallam? He's been anonymous since Chesterfield beat us in the JPT….and started the season (amongst others) just as poorly.

I know what you're saying but his goals against Wycombe and Preston were very important. Anonymous players don't do that.

Part of me would like to blast into a tirade about 'if they want him they can have him' 'a shoe would do a better job' 'they will be relegated by Christmas, mark my words'

But if he did go (would you blame him?) they would probably get promoted, why? because that's what happens when your an Oldham fan!

Wouldn't touch Ritchie or Dowie again but Reid would be a good shout!!!

I'm off work till Tuesday, so if they want me to take him down there, I'm more than willing to do so.

I've got a seven seater so can also fit in Taggart, Butler, Simpson, Furman and Smith.

Wouldn't be much room and you'd be close to the payload carrying Taggart and Butler alone!!!

One name I heard mentioned on Saturday was David Eyres, he's apparently said he'd want to become a manager one day and is currently working as an agent meaning he'll have a few contacts. Though whether he'd have us playing the right sort of Football I wouldn't know......

One name I heard mentioned on Saturday was David Eyres, he's apparently said he'd want to become a manager one day and is currently working as an agent meaning he'll have a few contacts. Though whether he'd have us playing the right sort of Football I wouldn't know......

I was at the Junction when he was there and he said that Corney had said he would be manager one day and before Shez got the job he was getting the reserve one but shez didn't want him though.

Interesting........but only if he avoids a mate as his wingman and brings in an experienced nr. 2 to be assistant/advisor/mentor......something Dickov should have done/should still do.