• Furman
    • Derbyshire
    • Baxter
    • Montano
    • Brown
    • Simpson
    • M'changama

Croft for me!

It was very close between Montano and Crofty for me to be honest.

I think he has been a great addition and he never stopped running all game.

I do still think he would benefit from losing another stone or so though, he is definately carrying too much timber for a pro footballer and would be much sharper without it.

God, how do you pick one out that lot? There should be an option for all of them. But I've gone for Montano, just edging out Crofty. Monty ripped their defence apart and, even in the last few minutes before he came off, was tracking back and tackling near his own dead ball line. He took his goal so well, but credit goes to Baxter and Grounds in the build up.

Baxter superb first half kept us ticking over a great free kick

Montano superb second half

- gone Jose cause i think his first half cotribution was top draw not eveything he did came off but it was nearly always the right thing to do and its been a long time since we have had someone who can really slam home a free kick

I went for Baxter,

But I could have just as easily voted for Montano, Croft, Bouzanis or Wabara. But the free kick and his reading of the game won me over.

Harder to pick than Crewe even though that was the better performance!?

Derbyshire ran his socks off, was clever, put in as complete a performance as a striker can without scoring.

Montano, Wabara, Croft, Furman, Wesolowski were all top drawer.

Has to be Baxter though, baby. :unsure:

You could almost pick anyone from 2-11 (Bouzanis had nothing to do) but Montano gets my vote. His performance perfectly summed up when he chased back 80 yards in the dying minutes to tackle the Preston forward.

His fitness levels are now looking right up there and I get the feeling there is still more to come from him. He really could turn out to be a major threat for us.

Plumped for Wes. Tireless display & central to everything we did well. Harassed their CMs for 90mins, doubt they'll have a more uncomfortable day at the office this year!!

In all honesty could have been anyone 1 to XI we were fantastic, even Bouzy with nothing to do was so comanding on crosses and always looked to deliver a clever distribution. Montano, Furman and Derbyshire came close to being my pick.

Some great performances going forward and it would be churlish to try and argue against any of them getting MoM. However, it could have all gone wrong with the disruption to the back line and so, to my mind, the effervescent attacking was only possible because of the foundations provided by remaining sensible and solid in defence. For me, no-one epitomised that more than Cliff Bryne. Great example and a calming influence on his inexperienced colleagues. Looked like he could stop a team on his own.

gone for Montano, the guy was different class. Baxter, Crofty, Derbyshire, Furman, Wes, Grounds, Wabara, Byrne(TOTW) were all also worthy candidates.

If it hadn't been for his mistake at the end it would have definitely been Grounds for me, kept their two right wingers silent the whole game and the tackles he won in the first half (with the help of Montano may I add) were sublime.