"Derbyshire wants to stay till January

does she then get sent back to Nottingham hoping they won't notice the difference and we can sign a young fellow whose changed his name by deed poll recently to Mrs Twisbrogan on a free transfer?

I'd have to rewatch our wedding video to checks the details of the vows but I'm sure that I managed to sneak some clauses in there relating to exactly this kind of situation though I may have muttered them under my breath.

"Do you want to go back to your parent club where you will sit in the stiffs until your contract runs out or are farmed out again or would you prefer to play for a side that is starting gel and pick up good points?"

"I'll stay here please."

"What about your wages?"

"Ah."

Would absolutely love him to stay but just can't see it I'm afraid. Forest will almost certainly be trying to off load him in January and get his reported huge wage off their books.

As good as Dickov is at getting players to sign for less money, £15k less is a bit much!

Forest would rather us pick up (say) £2,500 of his wage than them pay the lot.

They would also rather (say) Peterborough picked up £5,000 of it.

At the end of the day there's a compromise between current employer, player and loan club. Simpson got his contract paid up by Huddersfield to sign for us. Feeney got his contract paid up to sign for Plymouth.

It's not impossible that he plays here for longer.

How long has his ointarct to run at Forest? If it runs till the season's end hopefully something can be agreed ala Simpson.

It's ok Posh offering tio cover 5K of his wages and Forest agreeing to the deal, it still requires the player to say yes, which he doesn't have to.

One thing is for sure, if the side carries on improving and winning matches the happier it's campers.

Edited by Lags

Ultimately Forrest will want Derbyshire playing regularly and scoring goals to increase his value come January.

Although as mentioned above there are no doubt other clubs who can pay a much bigger share than us, no club's going to pick up his full £16k wage so hopefully the fact that he's established himself here stands in our favour.

Unlike Simmo, I can't see any chance of him signing for us permanently and think we'd do well to keep him for the 90 day loan period. If we were somehow able to get him on loan for the full season, that would be great but its not likely.
Edited by bossrocks

really exciting 2 months ahead I think if we keep Derbyshire and Reece.

Without doubt PD's strongest XI - we really need another win against Orient going into 2 tough away games. Another 3 goals would be nice too if I ca be a little ambitious!

I'd be more happier if he said "I want to stay at Oldham until May" and quickly followed up by "I love playing football rather than warming a bench so much that I've done a deal with Forest on wages so Oldham can keep me on the same terms".

Same goes with Baxter and committing himself now rather than "seeing what's out there in January"

It's a two-way street and a sense of realism and loyalty would be refreshing in the tainted world of professional football.

How long has his ointarct to run at Forest? If it runs till the season's end hopefully something can be agreed ala Simpson.

It's ok Posh offering tio cover 5K of his wages and Forest agreeing to the deal, it still requires the player to say yes, which he doesn't have to.

One thing is for sure, if the side carries on improving and winning matches the happier it's campers.

Unfortunately if he says I want to stay at Oldham. Forest can say, sorry that's not an option. Go to Peterborough or stay here.

Unfortunately if he says I want to stay at Oldham. Forest can say, sorry that's not an option. Go to Peterborough or stay here.

Which will then put derbyshire in a position where he may just say, pay up a big chunk of the percentage of my remaining contract.....else i'll just turn up with no interest untill it runs out....theres just no point winding players up for the sake of it

Getting a smaller % of his wages from oldham is better than getting none of his wages if he refuses to go elsewhere.....