enjoy it while he's here

Now Baxter just wants to make the right sort of headlines again. He is keen to earn a deal at Oldham and is at pains to point out that money is not his motivation.

"It doesn't matter to me. I just want to be smiling again and playing every week. I just want my chance and hopefully I will get it soon."Jose Baxter

I think an extra £15,000 a week might just change his mind.

He is clearly a player with a lot of natural pure football ability.

He has the same kind of confidence in himself as our greatest ever player Andy Ritchie.

Staggering to understand why he is not a fixture in a team at this level or above.

He is... Ours! :first:

Someone might say money is not there objective in an interview but when the greenback is put under his nose it might be too good to turn down and who can blame him.

I hope Corney and Dickov pull out all the stops to get him signed up and I've no doubt they are trying that, but knowing how the real world works and if a championship club comes in who can offer him twice what we can he won't turn it down and their will be nothing we can do about it.

You may enjoy this: http://www.qwghlm.co...toys/dailymail/

I enjoyed that segment on I have got news for you during the week focusing on the Mail and it's hypocrisy regarding paedophiles. I can't find it at the moment but it's up on Youtube, it's a great watch.

"all grown up". Ugh.

My first reaction when we signed Baxter (well, my second, after 'YES!') was 'what the :censored: is he doing playing for us?'. I'm still mystified. He's a quality player, with a workrate that players as skillful as him sometimes don't have (he puts a shift in for the team rather than wanting to be the star of the show and expecting everyone else to do all the dirty work), and he's only just getting to full match-fitness. I really hope he decided to stay where he's happy and get a season of playing every week under his belt, but let's face it, he's too good for this level. Enjoy it while he's here indeed. And apparently you can buy absolutely anything you want from him. You can take the lad out of Bootle.....

If he was this good for the Trannies, why didn't they go after him?

However I would offer him a deal for 3 1/2 years on £5k a week. If we don't get promotion, then at the end of next season let him go for £2m+. It'll have cost us less than £400k in wages, and we still make a profit. Won't happen I know because of the risk of a fallout, and being stuck with someone on such a big wage.

If the likes of Warbara, Derbyshire and Baxter play in the FA Cup for Latics, it's a good sign we'll keep um. Be interesting to see the line up at Kidderminster.

I'd play Baxter for as many minutes as possible, he is our player and him being cup-tied and knackered will make other clubs slightly less likely to be interested in out-bidding us for his services. I don't expect Derbyshire will be allowed to play but I think Wabara will be.

Kidderminster is the sort of game Matt Smith or Daniel Taylor should be looking at scoring in, nevermind Simmo.