enjoy it while he's here

if you believe this.

when will we EVER be able to build a successful team and keep it together for 2-3 years?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219803/Jose-Baxter-puts-Burnley-Ipswich-Birmingham-Blackpool-red-alert.html

The current 11 is good enough for promotion if they all stay fit and are here for the season - i would hate to see us as good a team as we have now and just disipate to nothing again in January.

Lets hope that team spirit is thicker than water until May

I refuse to go on the Daily Heil website out of principle. What does it say?

no idea but likely to have M&S lingerie down one side and 'celebrities' either too fat of too thin in beach wear on the other, I know , I shouldn't know this....

We have to see this as a win win. He only goes if he is playing well. We will have the points we need to survive and other players, like Derbyshire, can be attracted to Oldham to kick start their careers. The question is who will Dickov find to replace him?

sign him up on a 2 year deal now - with the option that should we not go up this season and a club comes in he can go - we would get a fee for him as well.

If he continues the way he's going he could net us a million quid just by signing the contract.

aarrgghh!!!!!

Edited by shefflatic

Oldham Athletic player with a dirty immigrant first name plots to kill Cliff Richard and obliterate the Nations population of Swans

You may enjoy this: http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

I enjoyed that segment on I have got news for you during the week focusing on the Mail and it's hypocrisy regarding paedophiles. I can't find it at the moment but it's up on Youtube, it's a great watch.

Regarding Baxter, keeping him may depend on how we're playing. I genuinely think with this squad, and with the league being as poor as it is (this is the worst I've seen this division) we've got a half decent opportunity to sneak a play-off place at the least, if Dickov can turn this good recent form into consistency. Obviously that still won't guarantee he'll stay, but I think he's more likely to stay at a club playing good football and getting results than the alternative...

sign him up on a 2 year deal now - with the option that should we not go up this season and a club comes in he can go - we would get a fee for him as well.

If he continues the way he's going he could net us a million quid just by signing the contract.

aarrgghh!!!!!

Maybe he wouldn't be happy to sign such a contract.

He looked too good for league 1 this afternoon - I hope he does stay but it would be a waste of the lad's talent.

Not a waste, if he's good enough, he'll get to the level he belongs. Why not give us a season on a 2 year contract, even put a low 350K get out clause... He's not here for the long term but there's no reason we can't both work for each other for the short term.

Not a waste, if he's good enough, he'll get to the level he belongs. Why not give us a season on a 2 year contract, even put a low 350K get out clause... He's not here for the long term but there's no reason we can't both work for each other for the short term.

Or he can just continue to prove his talent and pocket the £350k fee himself, either in additional wages or signing-on fee. The benefit to us from Baxter's involvement is the kick start to our season and goals like today's.

Link to PlayerShare.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/pages/news/latic-playershare-2010.aspx

If we want to have any chance of keeping it we all need to do our bit. Here's one way:

A regular standing order is our preferred method of donation. Fans can set up a standing order, either in their branch or through telephone banking or online banking to the following details for a minimum of £4 a month:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

Now Baxter just wants to make the right sort of headlines again. He is keen to earn a deal at Oldham and is at pains to point out that money is not his motivation.

"It doesn't matter to me. I just want to be smiling again and playing every week. I just want my chance and hopefully I will get it soon."Jose Baxter

Don't go Jo - se?

Flippin Typo!

Edited by dazlatic

Now Baxter just wants to make the right sort of headlines again. He is keen to earn a deal at Oldham and is at pains to point out that money is not his motivation.

"It doesn't matter to me. I just want to be smiling again and playing every week. I just want my chance and hopefully I will get it soon."Jose Baxter

I really hope so.

True Hallam, but that was then and this is now.

If someone came waving a big cheque it night be hard for him to resist.