Well that went well

Sutherland on before Simpson when chasing the game , the lad did not look ready for first team footy on Saturday imo.

In fact Simpson not on until we go 2-0 down ....bizarre substitutions are back.

Very bizarre replacing a player whos carrying some sort of injury judging by the bandaged up leg on Saturday..

Bringing Simmo on then for Montano would of meant playing too narrow..

Edited by RobOAFC

Sutherland on before Simpson when chasing the game , the lad did not look ready for first team footy on Saturday imo.

In fact Simpson not on until we go 2-0 down ....bizarre substitutions are back.

You are not serious???

Simpson has to be well down the pecking order after this seasons perfomances, especially as Matt Smith has changed the last couple of games!

Judging by the stats and after reading a couple of reports, i don't think we can have any arguments.

It didn't sound like a performance of late, let's just hope we bounce back on saturday albeit in a tough game.

The first minor blip in our recent revival.....let's see how we respond.

I wasn't there tonight.

But I must admit I had a twinge of worry when PD said in his press conference about the need to pay Carlisle respect despite their bad run. Not that I'm blaming him, but did that translate to the players as be cautious and then that gave them space to play and build confidence?

Anyway, was always going to be a tough game on a Tue night. Crawley away will be a challenge also, but hopefully tonight will motivate the players to bounce back

I doubt the players read too much into what is said at the press conference, but I could be wrong.

My guess is this league is so open anyone can beat anyone on their day, which makes it hard for players and management alike to predict how a match will unfold.

I saw someone say in the earlier thread to put your money on Carlisle and my gut instinct was we would lose tonight, wish I had made that bet now ;)

I was there (left with 10 mins to go so didn't see our goal). Its the last time I'm going to bloody Carlisle!

It was a poor performance all round. Carlisle had a game plan to stop us playing football and it worked. They were sharper than us and gave us no time on the ball whatsoever, pressured us into making mistakes and ultimately made us play long ball.

It also included consistent and multiple fouls everytime we did try and play but the ref was happy to let it go. Typically he books 4 of our players yet his cards stay in his pocket for them. Their number 6 consistently jumped at Matt Smith in the second half with his arms up and got away with it every time, despite the ref booking M'Voto for less in the first half.

Can't blame the ref for any of the goals though. The first was a shocking mistake by Byrne fannying around with it in the box when he should have booted it clear and our heads dropped after that though to be honest, we'd been second best all night (without Carlisle offering much in the final third). The other two goals were also gifted by poor defending.

We really didn't have a plan B and didn't look to have much in the way of fight tonight. Too many players didn't turn up - Montano had another quiet game (though why on earth don't we give him the bloody ball?!) and Furman was poor. The game seemed to pass him by and he sat so deep that in the second half (after Derbyshire had gone off), Baxter and Smith had no support from midfield.

Baxter, Wes and Croft probably the only to come out of the game with any credit, mainly due to their continued effort. Even Wabara looked dodgy tonight.

I hope the second half wasn't an indication of life without Derbyshire as the future's grim if it was.

Hopefully just an off day, coupled with a negative (but clever) Carlisle display.

Edited by bossrocks

Not only did we not get round to playing, but the Scotch pie tasted dreadful.

The referee was barking mad too.

Hannah Montana is obviously injured as he's lost all his pace.

El capitano's brain is still with Bafana Bafana and the whole team had no energy.

Got in about 12 30 tonight and nothing positive came out of that game. In the second half smith was winning the headers and for some reason the midfield was at the other end of the pitch so it just gave them the ball back. This did not change all time. Furman just wanted to play sideways or backwards never looked forward unless for an hoof. It was just a bad display, hoping we could show a little bit of passion against Crawley