new stand- possible bigger than expected

this from oldham advertiser - new stand still on track to be built in time for the new season, could be bigger than first expected, ammendments being made to the planning application, which could be built in france and transported across the channel. according to corney "planning application has gone in but we are making a few ammendments to make it slightly bigger" in talks with a french company who say if latics work with them, they would have it ready for the new season. also says not to expect baxter to be here beyond christmas, but will do everything he can to keep him here.

http://menmedia.co.u...matt-derbyshire

Worrying about Baxter, hope he's heftily insured in Long Island and tbf Derbyshire has been a bonus, if we get him beyond January then we'll have done well. But i'm sure we'll look elsewhere if Forest won't let us have him back. As for Baxter, our lack of movement is ridiculous bearing in mind how happy the lad is here. Offer him a two year deal and cash in…..

As for the stand, sounds hopeful, but will not breathe easily until I see steelwork rising on the Broadway Side...

Edited by oafcprozac

positive signs about the stand, however i dont buy into the rest of it.

Baxter - Its obvious that this lad has the potential to play at a better level but from a totally unbiased view i think it would be best for him to stay here (id say the same if he was at another league one club). How many times do you see players step up to early and it just doesnt happen, remember Neal Trotman ? we all thought he would be playing premiership football by now. There will obviously be bigger clubs in for baxter who will be able to pay 3 or 4 times as much as we can but will they be able to guarentee the football we can, the last thing the lad will want is to be benchwarming or making cameo appearences. Its obvious the lad isnt motivated by money as he turned down a new deal at everton in order to play football. I am quietly confident we cankeep him till at least the end of the season as is Dickov.

Derbyshire - This is more down to forest than us, its obvious he is well down the pecking order there and i think there probably desperate to get him of the wage bill. you would imagine there will be bigger clubs in for him, then again wernt there bigger clubs in for him when we signed him?? The grass isnt always greener on th other side and im sure he will know this from his forest experience and i think if the chance came for him to stay here till the end of the season then he would jump at it.

I think mr corney is basically trying to cover himself incase we do lose them, i remain pretty confident that they will be here come the end of the season.

Edited by 4froale

hope he's heftily insured in Long Island

There's a big debate over the hurricane deductible (excess) which effectively excludes the first 5% of property value from any claim. So a $500k property has a $25k excess which excludes most claims where the homeowner had the sense to shift anything of value upstairs and the damage is merely flooding.

The controversy is that insurers are apply the excess when the wind speeds as Sandy hit land were apparently below hurricane force.

The new stand being trucked up from France -what could possibly go wrong?!

Good news on the cinema planning application in Oldham this week too - hopefully this council will continue to move in the right direction and to OAFC's benefit.

A

s long as McMahon is leader the town will move forward, however if Sykes and his cronies get back in next May (very unlikely given Labour's majority but in this town you never know) then hold your breath...

ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney still hopes to build the club's new North Stand in time for next season.

Amendments have been made to the planning application to make the capacity slightly bigger than the originally-mooted 3,000 and the hope is that work will start early in the New Year

Quote from todays chron.

ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney still hopes to build the club's new North Stand in time for next season.

Amendments have been made to the planning application to make the capacity slightly bigger than the originally-mooted 3,000 and the hope is that work will start early in the New Year

Quote from todays chron.

The last plans were around 2,400.

Anyone know the french company involved? be interesting to see some of their previous construction work....

The initial plans were based on this number that they through together for Le Havre in the second division

Versailles-Palace-Gardens-1.jpg

The catering and conference facilities are said to be well above usual standards

versailles1.jpg

Or they offer this model for those working towards a Latics-style budget

Untitled-259_web.jpg

A

s long as McMahon is leader the town will move forward, however if Sykes and his cronies get back in next May (very unlikely given Labour's majority but in this town you never know) then hold your breath...

I'm not a Labour supporter but he seems to be doing a very good job to be fair.

Or is he just doing the kind of things they were all supposed to be doing previously?

Probably the latter Harry.

Tbh Labour in the late 80s early-mid 90s were making progress. Spindles, New 6th Form College, the third in the Holy Trinity was Sports Park 2000 which would have been delivered if the Libs had not campaigned against it and scrubbed it when they got back in, in '99…..

Cue the council passing between the two and each kiboshing each others plans, Sykes is still at it, criticising the metro works. Yes, the contractors have taken the piss with the amount of and length of the disruption BUT it will be worth it, when the Metro works it is spot on. I'm heartened by the plans for the new cinema and the pro-activity in seeking a meeting IN London to pitch Oldham's potential to the money men….

Edited by oafcprozac

The initial plans were based on this number that they through together for Le Havre in the second division

Versailles-Palace-Gardens-1.jpg

The catering and conference facilities are said to be well above usual standards

versailles1.jpg

Or they offer this model for those working towards a Latics-style budget

Untitled-259_web.jpg

Bottom picture Oradour- Sur-Glane?

And the other two are too :censored:ing small, Corney out…...

Edited by oafcprozac

The last plans were around 2,400.

A bigger stand unfortunately doesn't necessarily mean more seats, but I hope it does. Another couple of rows or a full width stand that would add more seats on either side, or both would be an improvement.

Edit- I take that back. I've just read the seldom wrong Chron that states the capacity will be increased from the mooted 3.000.

http://oldham-chroni...t-for-cup-glory

Edited by laticsrblue

as long as we don't end up with a Vale Park like structure which will never get finished

as long as we don't end up with a Vale Park like structure which will never get finished

I've thought about that a few times... Is it done yet? Think the last couple of years have been the longest I've spent without a trip there.... Almost miss it

I'm not a Labour supporter but he seems to be doing a very good job to be fair.

Or is he just doing the kind of things they were all supposed to be doing previously?

He's taking a lot of stick about the proposed relocation of the Sports centre and possible mini swimming pool.