proposed chant for saturday

not even a training ground, 90 houses infact. also may I point out that I've been wearing a poppy since the launch of this years poppy appeal and take great pride in ensuring I'm always wearing a poppy on an item of clothing when I'm out. There's one permanently fixed to my coat during the poppy appeal and I will be at the cenotaph on sunday for the remembrance service.

Anyway, how's about- disrespectful, disrespectful, disrespectful, yes you are! replacing war me-mor-i-als with streets made up of tar! BIN BIN BIN DIPPERS!! BIN BIN BIN DIPPERS!!

"The playing fields at Ingleborough were set aside by the council in the aftermath of the First World War in memory of 88 old boys of the Birkenhead Institute Grammar School.

Among them was Lt Owen, who served on the Somme and was killed at Ors a week before the Armistice. His works, including Dulce et Decorum Est and Anthem for Doomed Youth, led him to be posthumously recognised as one of the greatest war poets.

A brick pavilion, archway, flagstaff and bell tower were built with donations from pupils and relatives, some of whom still live in the area.

At its 1926 opening, the local paper reported the mayor of the borough telling crowds it was “a worthy memorial to those who had lost their lives, and would perpetuate the memory of the boys of the Institute who responded to the call of their country, and fought and died during the war, to generations of future students.”

Mr Seward, chairman of the building committee, “said he felt sure the boys who had laid down their lives in the war would have wished the memorial to take the form of a sports pavilion and playing fields.”

In 1933 some 88 poplar trees, one for each boy killed, were planted along the boundary.

Yet, while the site is registered with the UK National Inventory of War Memorials, the club insists there has been a misunderstanding and insist the site it is no such thing."

The Telegraph Article - 26th July 2012

This is a rubbish chant, not least because it's got next to :censored: all to do with footie. Plus, if they died in your name, you must be really old and should be doing something more relaxing with your time.

Funny Palace chant from the other night, to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland:

There's only two Dougie Freedmans

Two Dougie Freedmans

A legend up front, the other's a :censored:

Palace are the best team in the land etc.

Did you go on Tuesday?

Did I go down to Selhurst Road, the home of silky skills, great chanting, fantastic pies, heated seats, a selection of beers, with excellent transport links to the capital and beyond? No. I fackin 'ate palliss.

My nearest ground is now Millwall or Dulwich Hamlet FC. Life's all about tricky decisions.

This is a rubbish chant, not least because it's got next to :censored: all to do with footie. Plus, if they died in your name, you must be really old and should be doing something more relaxing with your time.

Funny Palace chant from the other night, to the tune of Walking in a Winter Wonderland:

There's only two Dougie Freedmans

Two Dougie Freedmans

A legend up front, the other's a :censored:

Palace are the best team in the land etc.

Ha. Nice!

How about we don't. Do you not think that highlighting this and jimmying it into a chant to fuel a half-arsed rivalry shows a lack of respect to the fallen as well?

^this

don't get me wrong I'm all for the cause, but can we support it in a dignified way rather than using it as a weapon to attack people with?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Did I go down to Selhurst Road, the home of silky skills, great chanting, fantastic pies, heated seats, a selection of beers, with excellent transport links to the capital and beyond? No. I fackin 'ate palliss.

My nearest ground is now Millwall or Dulwich Hamlet FC. Life's all about tricky decisions.

Well :censored: off then. I went and saw them smash Ipswich, going top of the league in the process. South London is ours!

May as well make up songs, wont be competative from a football angle.

Just goes to show Tom, just over 12 months ago you lot where slitting your own wrists. Enjoy it whilst it last cos you know in 12 months time it's back fighting relegation with us.