Phil Brown

Here's something thats not made up or thought could be possible. Travelling up the A62 to the game yesterday and whilst stopped in traffic the car along side wound it's window down to ask for directions to the ground. Being the nice kinda guy I am, I said "just follow me cos am going to the match", even though the questioning driver had a scouse accent. Due to him saying thank you, I said " you're having a good season" he replied "am not Tranmere, I am watching Oldham, I usually come up the other way and I don't know this way". I said " oh right, it's just with you having a scouse accent" he replied " and who plays up front for Oldham?"

Yep it was Jose's family.... he's a Latic and will be.

Edited by Lags

Here's something thats not made up or thought could be possible. Travelling up the A62 to the game yesterday and whilst stopped in traffic the car along side wound it's window down to ask for directions to the ground. Being the nice kinda guy I am, I said "just follow me cos am going to the match", even though the questioning driver had a scouse accent. Due to him saying thank you, I said " you're having a good season" he replied "am not Tranmere, I am watching Oldham, I usually come up the other way and I don't know this way". I said " oh right, it's just with you having a scouse accent" he replied " and who plays up front for Oldham?"

Yep it was Jose's family.... he's a Latic and will be.

Yeah they've been sitting in the main stand every game.

What did he say ?

It was Thursday's Chron and Corney said:

"We are in a relegation battle - make no bones about it. Football is an insular world and there are teams that are aware of Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire. If we are in 21st place at Christmas and Tranmere Rovers come after Baxter and MK Dons after Derbyshire, they will go".

It was Thursday's Chron and Corney said:

"We are in a relegation battle - make no bones about it. Football is an insular world and there are teams that are aware of Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire. If we are in 21st place at Christmas and Tranmere Rovers come after Baxter and MK Dons after Derbyshire, they will go".

I guess he was trying to say that these players won't want to play in a relegation battle, or he doesn't want to fund them if there's no chance of pushing for a top six place.

Who can blame him?

We were sat in the sponsors lounge yesterday with baxters family, spoke to his dad who told us we had offered him a 3 year deal this week, he didn't beat around the bush and told us he won't be signing it, best we can hope for is him signing till end of season but there are 7 championship sides already in contact with him so he will weigh up the options at xmas. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but from his tone, id say he won't be here after January.

We were sat in the sponsors lounge yesterday with baxters family, spoke to his dad who told us we had offered him a 3 year deal this week, he didn't beat around the bush and told us he won't be signing it, best we can hope for is him signing till end of season but there are 7 championship sides already in contact with him so he will weigh up the options at xmas. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but from his tone, id say he won't be here after January.

Offering him a deal ensures we get a modest fee for him.

Pre-Bury I'd have said he should sign until the end of the season and see where we end up, as we've given him a path back into first team football.

Post Tranmere, I'm thinking he would be mental to sign any sort of long term deal and should get out now before we bring him down to our level.